Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A great option at FS in 2016

I think there's a good chance we'll spend less in Free Agency than we have the last few years.

I'm not saying we won't spend at all,  but I suspect we'll spend less -- maybe much less.

We have lots and lots of re-signing to do.

That said,  if we have money to drop on one or two solid players, I don't think we'll spend it at Safety.    Other than Landry -- and we all know how that turned out -- I don't think this franchise has a big interest in spending huge money on this position.

Just my hunch.....

I think we will have enough cash to spend on one or two free agents {It all depends on how the contracts are structured} plus we can dump a few players such as Jackson, Cherilus, etc.

It just depends what route we take with some players.. But re-signing our own will be key.

• 3 weeks later...

I think there's a good chance we'll spend less in Free Agency than we have the last few years.

I'm not saying we won't spend at all, but I suspect we'll spend less -- maybe much less.

We have lots and lots of re-signing to do.

That said, if we have money to drop on one or two solid players, I don't think we'll spend it at Safety. Other than Landry -- and we all know how that turned out -- I don't think this franchise has a big interest in spending huge money on this position.

Just my hunch.....

I agree don't think we will be a big player in FA next year. For a good reason we have our own to resign.

This time next yr S may not be a huge hole. It's really hard to point out holes without seeing how this year plays out.

If Geathers works out as well as some seem to think he will. We will have Dewey with another year under his belt.

The staff seems to be high on Guy. He's another youngster only 25 maybe he's just needed a change of scenery and some good coaching.

Lowery is only 29 yrs old if he turns out to be a good system fit like Adam's. We could actually be in pretty good shape.

I know that is a bunch of ifs. I am anxious for pads and some preseason action. I really want to see what some of these young guys can do. How much progress has been made from last year and what the rookies bring.

We have 3 big ones in Anderson Smith and Geathers. Love Irving and Langford signings I think the D could finally take that step forward we have been waiting on.