Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jimmy Garoppolo

BlueShoe

Garoppolo reminds me a lot of Drew Brees. It's uncanny how similar they are. I think he is going to be a very good quarterback. The patriots really thought this out well, and did a heck of a job grabbing him.

Jimm Garoppolo preseason highlights from last year:

I have to wonder; what if the Patriots go 4-0 with Garoppolo, and then brady comes back and loses to our Colts?

Just saying. It is not too far fetched to consider the Jimmy Garoppolo era starting now (or possibly very soon). 

Imagine Belichick winning another 5 Super Bowls with Garoppolo at QB...would be insane.

That would be crazy indeed. I can't imagine BB will want to coach that long though. I'm not wired like BB so I have no clue how long he wants to stick with it.

That would be crazy indeed. I can't imagine BB will want to coach that long though. I'm not wired like BB so I have no clue how long he wants to stick with it.

Yeah true. Some think he will retire when Tom does but I think he'll coach just a tad bit longer. Who knows though.

As a Pats fan I like Jimmy, however I just hate how he throws the ball and he will probably throw as many picks as Brees. I generally like taller QB's, I am still a bit skeptical about his size.

He has good pocket presence, he is good at stepping up in the pocket and avoiding pass rushers. 

I am going to watch him closely again this pre-season and hope he has improved his throwing game, he has missed lots of easy passes and hope his red zone pass skills has improved from last year.

I think this will be the year if BB decides to keep Jimmy next year or trade him away next year for a draft pick.

As a Pats fan I like Jimmy, however I just hate how he throws the ball and he will probably throw as many picks as Brees. I generally like taller QB's, I am still a bit skeptical about his size.

He has good pocket presence, he is good at stepping up in the pocket and avoiding pass rushers. 

I am going to watch him closely again this pre-season and hope he has improved his throwing game, he has missed lots of easy passes and hope his red zone pass skills has improved from last year.

I think this will be the year if BB decides to keep Jimmy next year or trade him away next year for a draft pick.

If Garoppolo plays well then this could be the year the patriots get a pick for brady. 

He throws like Tebow.

Thats not so bad...as long as he doesn't read defenses like Tebow. Tim just wasn't quick enough to do it. He had a fine arm but he didn't anticipate throws and where the open receiver would be thus he was often late or missed open guys.

I think Jimmy will be good too. I seem to remember Sean Payton wanting to draft him as well so that might make sense that there are some Brees similarities. He honestly looked good against KC...and the way NE runs their offense...I think he could run it very well. Not Tom Brady well but good enough to win quite a few ball games. Even if Tom is out I still think that team goes 500 at the worst.