Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Has any mock draft ever been right?

No. Mock drafts are just something to do while waiting for the draft. We can all analyze and over analyze every player like we were GMs but we are not GMs. Sometimes GMs get a gut feeling about a player and go with him. Some stay as close as they can to their big board. The thing is when players are not taken in the order then the whole mock draft is useless. It does make for some pretty good reading but other than that it really means zero.

No. They are essentially a pointless exercise but I read every damn one of them.  To illustrate their uselessness, Bruno on his 1070 The Fan blog collected the projections of the so called experts on who they see the Colts picking and there must have been 10 different players listed at all kinds of positions.

I know its like picking every game in the NCAA tournament..

...but some 'experts' do mock drafts every week for 6 months.

Does anyone know if any have ever been right? Even for just the first round?

How many rounds?

I would say getting an entire mock draft right would be even more unlikely then picking the entire NCAA tournament.

No. They are essentially a pointless exercise but I read every damn one of them.  To illustrate their uselessness, Bruno on his 1070 The Fan blog collected the projections of the so called experts on who they see the Colts picking and there must have been 10 different players listed at all kinds of positions.

I don't know if they are useless.  For me it's a good way to familiarize myself with the prospects, especially the top prospects out there.  

But as a prediction of what's really going to happen. . . useless.

Mock drafts aren't about getting all the picks right. It's basically like a self test to see how your scouting knowledge matches up with what team GMs are thinking.

I know with the mocks I did last year I got like 4 out of 32 picks right.

Mock draft aren't about getting all the picks right?

Do you work for ESPN, Def?

Mock draft aren't about getting all the picks right?

Do you work for ESPN, Def?

What I'm saying is that no one makes a mock thinking that it's going to be 100% shoot on. Most mocks after based on perceived team needs and what people believe GMs want.

It's more of a "This is what I think should happen" as opposed to "This is what will happen".

It's a for the fans thing and has become BIG MONEY...

Kiper hit 4 last season...   and McGay....    3 I think...    

Nobody knows...        NOBODY.

I know its like picking every game in the NCAA tournament..

...but some 'experts' do mock drafts every week for 6 months.

Does anyone know if any have ever been right? Even for just the first round?

What I'm saying is that no one makes a mock thinking that it's going to be 100% shoot on. Most mocks after based on perceived team needs and what people believe GMs want.

It's more of a "This is what I think should happen" as opposed to "This is what will happen".

I know..I;m just messin' with you

But Dustin says tonight is his 'mock' night!