Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mychal Kendricks on the Trade Block

Looks like Chip Kelly is back at it again. With the trade for Kiko Alonso and the extension of DeMeco Ryans it looks like Kendricks is the odd man out in Philly. Do you think the Colts would be willing to give up a pick for a proven NFL player rather than take a chance in the draft?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488909/article/brandon-boykin-mychal-kendricks-on-trading-block

I like Kendricks. Don't think he's worth more than a 3rd though. Maybe a second but that's stretching it because he's probably hit his ceiling as a player. How old is he btw?

He is 24 so he is still very young. I think he is worth a 3rd at least, but I wouldn't mind giving up a 2nd for him.

This can't be real.

Yes Colts should look into this

Agreed I think he would be a great pick up for the Colts plus unlike his brother he has experience playing in a 3-4 scheme. I think this is easily the best option for us at ILB depending on what they are asking.

He is 24 so he is still very young. I think he is worth a 3rd at least, but I wouldn't mind giving up a 2nd for him.

24, that's good. We know he can play in a 3-4 too. If you did give up a second though, you'd likely have to cut someone because the expectation would be that he'd start immediately. You always need depth but out of Freeman,Jackson, and Irving, someone would be the odd man out.

His contract expires after next season?  I wouldn't give more than a 5th. 

You have to consider the contract, not just the player.  Draft picks are nice because the player you choose is yours for three years, at least.  Vets at the end of their contracts become devalued because of it.

24, that's good. We know he can play in a 3-4 too. If you did give up a second though, you'd likely have to cut someone because the expectation would be that he'd start immediately. You always need depth but out of Freeman,Jackson, and Irving, someone would be the odd man out.

Very true never thought that much into it. I easily think though that if we brought him in that he would easily be our best linebacker.

freeman and DQ are both replaceable Kendricks could easily replace either one

That would be yet another player to resign next year to a potentially sizable contract in addition to AC, TY, Fleenor, Allen, and possibly Luck.

You just had to throw the stick in the spokes didn't you haha only kidding. Yes you are right that would be yet another problem with making the trade for him. It also makes it less realistic, but a guy can wish right?