Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Landon Collins

Safety isn't a need. It's just a position we would like to upgrade on. 

I would be satisfied with Collins at 29. He's not a coverage safety, but he's great against the run. 

If safety isn't a need, then this team has no needs.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/04/29/giants-nfl-draft-landon-collins/

NYG may try to reach, or trade back, for him. Although most people think they will go OL with the 9th overall, but safety is a need for them.

Safety is not top 10 pick worthy in general. More towards the end of the 1st. Anything from qbs, rb, lb, de, dt, ol. But I do believe they will be smart and trade back for more picks and still be ahead of the colts to take him.

Im not even gonna say it

I don't understand all the hate for Collins? He really isn't as bad as you make him out to be in coverage IMO. Sure that may be his weak spot compared to other spots in his game, but this class doesn't really have a dominate coverage S coming out IMO. Who would you recommend over him by value per round? Just wondering and wanting to see a different point of view to see if I am missing something.

Randall is a good cover safety

So is Amos and Harris

If you wanna run first Safety Tartt or Geathers are options

Now I do agree with you that Randall is the best cover safety in this draft. I also think Amos is pretty good, but I am not a fan of Amos or Harris in the run game. I will give Randall credit he will come up in run support most of the time. I also like Geathers later in the draft but I think there is a big drop off from Collins to him. I don't know much about Tartt what can you tell me about him?

Tartt and Collins are similar

both great against run and average on pass

Tartt could be had in 3rd though

Dan, I agree with you here. I would rather wait and get Tartt or Amos. I know your a lot higher on Randall than I am but I understand your argument against the pass. I for one would rather have a corner like Johnson or Peters in the first. If not then obviously BPA.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Been having an on going conversation with a bunch of people throughout the year and even prior about what the Pacers need.     I think the answer is clear, we need to keep as many core pieces together and keep building. We are in the conference finals and have just as good a chance as the other 3 teams have to finish the title run.   We will be getting Mathurin back, who I think is the 4th most important piece we have. Walker is going to be a stud, so I expect a big jump from him.   Pascal - gotta bring him back Toppin - have to bring back or use in S+T for George?(Just throwing out a name) McDermott - hopefully ring him back on the cheap?     Jalen Smith - has player option(I'm good either way)   Then some 2way and back the roster guys who will likely be resigned.(Wong, Brown, Tshiebwe)     If we lose Toppin, who is a RFA, I think Walker can in all likelihood cover that role and probably more completely.   However like I said above, if we can draw another big name like George in, Toppin more than likely would have to be included for salary purposes in a S+T.       Anyway that's conversation for later.   On to:
    • There were some stuff on other sites, not this one. Especially the morning after. Sorry for the confusion
    • That is not what I meant to convey. I rephrased it to clarify what I meant to say
    • The WNBA is loaded with talented deep teams. Literally have played 2 of the best teams in the league(one, twice), in the first 4 games(so 3 out of 4). Not sure about the first team, but she picked up 2nd foul on a pretty bad call early in the game to out her on the bench. * refs, how do you call such a weak call on the main draw in their first game, I'm sure the league gave the refs a little push back afterwards.   It will take time for her to adjust and this team to compete with the top teams, who have built super teams and/ or been together for longer. I think I heard something like the fever had only been together for like 30 days or something?   The WNBA is loaded with talent, definitely one of the hardest leagues to make. 12 teams x 12 players - 144 players        There has been a lot of hate out there, this tweet below sums it up pretty well.     To hear all these current WNBA players trash talking her is crazy.   She has literally energized the market and games are selling out or close to. All that is going to do, is put more money in everyone's pocket. They need to be protecting her out there rather than trying to break her in half with a "who can screen her the hardest challenge".     She needs to cut down on the turnovers, but the Fever looked a lot better last night in the second matchup against that team. Probably should've won it, but they will improve as the season moves along and will take a year or two before they can compete with NY/LV type of teams.
    • He is a pass first QB but they are going to run the RPO and he's going to run ,so brace yourself. 
  • Members

• NFLfan

NFLfan 17,492

Moderators
    • RollerColt

RollerColt 12,506

• csmopar

csmopar 16,309

• Moosejawcolt

Moosejawcolt 5,233

• dw49

dw49 1,374