Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Terrell Watson: late round RB prospect

I was reading an article about this little known RB prospect.  

Here are his credentials:

- 2014 national rushing leader in college football (all divisions): 2,153 yards. 
- GNAC single-game, season, and career rushing record holder. 
- 1st college football player (all divisions) to reach 1,000 rushing yards this season
- Azusa Pacific & GNAC single-season rushing record (2014, 2,153 yards)
- Azusa Pacific career rushing record - 2011-14: 5,756 Yards
- GNAC career (3 years) rushing record - 2012-14: 5,059 yards
- Azusa Pacific single-game rushing record - 338 Yards
- Azusa Pacific & GNAC single-game rushing TDs - 5 TDs
- Azusa Pacific & GNAC single-season rushing TDs - 29 TDs

Highlight video:

I think he looks like a very quick 240 lb guy.  Reminds me of Jerome Bettis.  I would love to see him as a late pick.

Interesting but he isn't very physical for a player his size. Also doesn't appear to have good balance as he goes down with almost ANY contact. 

I feel you couldnt be more wrong here....  Multiple plays he carried 3 guys and many others I thought he was going to go down and he regained his balance and took it to the house.

I think this video shows more of his balance and strength:

I was reading an article about this little known RB prospect.

Here are his credentials:

- 2014 national rushing leader in college football (all divisions): 2,153 yards.

- GNAC single-game, season, and career rushing record holder.

- 1st college football player (all divisions) to reach 1,000 rushing yards this season

- Azusa Pacific & GNAC single-season rushing record (2014, 2,153 yards)

- Azusa Pacific career rushing record - 2011-14: 5,756 Yards

- GNAC career (3 years) rushing record - 2012-14: 5,059 yards

- Azusa Pacific single-game rushing record - 338 Yards

- Azusa Pacific & GNAC single-game rushing TDs - 5 TDs

- Azusa Pacific & GNAC single-season rushing TDs - 29 TDs

Highlight video:

https://youtu.be/97cmu_m8EBI

I think he looks like a very quick 240 lb guy. Reminds me of Jerome Bettis. I would love to see him as a late pick.

Here is a breakdown. They seem to think with the 4.5 40 he will be drafted in the 4-5 round.

I don't see how all these backs are going in their projected rounds. I think there will be someone late we bring in.

It wouldn't surprise me to see us take a WR before a RB. I was pleased to see we are taking a long look at Lookett NO PROMOTIONAL POSTING ON THE SITE_/nfl-draft/scouting-reports/rb/2015-nfl-draft-scouting-report-rb-terrell-watson-r6594

I feel you couldnt be more wrong here.... Multiple plays he carried 3 guys and many others I thought he was going to go down and he regained his balance and took it to the house.

I think this video shows more of his balance and strength:

https://youtu.be/oiY7No4C1nM

I know but there are multiple examples of him pretty much just falling down with minimal contact imo. For a guy that's 240lb I'd expect his highlight tape to have him running defenders over with regularity

I am at work right now so I can't see the video, but judging from the things I have read I would be interested in Zach Zenner more than Watson. Zenner has faced better competition and had good games against the big boys.  I'll take a longer look at Watson when I get home to ensure I'm not dismissing him too quickly.

I am at work right now so I can't see the video, but judging from the things I have read I would be interested in Zach Zenner more than Watson. Zenner has faced better competition and had good games against the big boys.  I'll take a longer look at Watson when I get home to ensure I'm not dismissing him too quickly.

I just watched some highlights of Zach Zenner.  

Maybe it is just the #31 but all I could think of watching him was Donald Brown 2.0

Even if so that's not bad for an undrafted guy. 

absolutely!!

Im looking forward to hearing what you say after watching Watson's highlights.  I am no scout but i like watching the prospects videos and for some reason this guy stood out to me.  whether it is watson, zenner, or some other dude,  I really hope we find us a gem at rb in the 5th or later 

I just watched some highlights of Zach Zenner.  

Maybe it is just the #31 but all I could think of watching him was Donald Brown 2.0

Probably was the #31.  He kind of reminds me of a white Ahmad Bradshaw except he's 5'11" 230