Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

post free agency predictions 1st rd pick

I don't think Grigson will go in saying "we have to target the ______ position". Having said that, my personal favorites this year are NT Jordan Phillips, ILB Eric Kendricks, and OT Jake Fisher. So I kind of agree with Grigson, I think it's a matter of what happens in the 28 picks before us.

As much as I like Jake Fisher, I would be mad if we took him in the 1st. I'd risk him falling to us in the 2nd or falling close so we could trade up a few spots and nab him there. As far as our 1st round pick, I'm going to predict Arik Armstead. He's a solid 3-4 DE who would instantly upgrade our D-Line, there is a very good chance he'll be there at 29 (although not guaranteed), and he is a perfect fit for us. 

I really like Bud Dupree not sure he falls to 29

I definitely wouldn't mind Dupree. I saw a couple of people comparing him to Cameron Wake and the Colts could use someone like that. He's raw but he could learn from Cole and Mathis and be ready to go in a year or two.

I think the moves he has made in FA Grigson is positioning himself to go BPA regardless of position. That being said; all things being equal if there is an OT or DL there that is among one of the best players available I think he goes that direction.