Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dolphins cut Randy Starks.

If we don't sign Redding Starks could be a option. We still need to sign a NT. If we want a good d line that can stop the run we need a better nt to start and rotate with chapman. But I wouldn't mind Starks. We will need to get younger at the position in the next few years though.

Didn't Langford and Starks play together in Miami in that 3-4? Should work as teammates again if the deal is right.

Can never have too much depth on the DL. Plus, both Langford and Starks are streaky pass rushers, so might work.

I don't know. Which is why I hope the Colts are smart and plan for Luck's And Tys paydays that are rapidly approaching.

I'm starting to think that's what they're doing by signing all these vets. They figure they can get 2 years out of them to make a Super Bowl run before they decline, then their contracts are up and we allocate that money to the younger guys and just have to hope we've drafted good replacements for the vets. 

I don't know. Which is why I hope the Colts are smart and plan for Luck's And Tys paydays that are rapidly approaching.

That's exactly what they are doing. As the contract details are hitting on all of Grigson's free agents, they are all short term and front loaded deals. He's basically ensuring that the cap opens wide up again in 2 years and he can throw all the money at re-signing the young guys he's drafted. Contrary to what some posters are talking about with "wasted money," Grigson is being very frugal and picking his spots to throw money to keep his options open down the road. 

That's exactly what they are doing. As the contract details are hitting on all of Grigson's free agents, they are all short term and front loaded deals. He's basically ensuring that the cap opens wide up again in 2 years and he can throw all the money at re-signing the young guys he's drafted. Contrary to what some posters are talking about with "wasted money," Grigson is being very frugal and picking his spots to throw money to keep his options open down the road. 

out of all of his FA signings since he got here, only one is long term (Cherilus)