Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pro Day Stuff

Arizona State:

@ASU_Rivals: Scouts from the Cardinals, Bills, Colts, Panthers, Titans, Patriots, Eagles, Bengals, Bears, Chiefs, Broncos, Lions, & more at ASU pro day.

@kaelenjones: Colts scout working Jamil Douglas and Tyler Sulka on the side.

@ASU_Rivals: Among the most active NFL teams as far as speaking/working with players at ASU pro day- Colts, Jaguars, Ravens, Vikings.

Troy University:

@BoltonSports: Teams in attendance at #Troy Pro Day:

Chargers, Colts, Jaguars, Dolphins, Rams, Denver, Oakland, Chiefs, Houston, Giants, Seattle

Sam Houston State University:

@camcambunch15: Colts, texans, chiefs, rams, chargers, redskins, raiders, falcons panthers. Teams in attendance at #SHSU Pro Day.

Southern Mississippi:

@GldnEaglePride: Scouts spotted at Southern Miss pro day: #Chiefs, #Dolphins, #Colts, #Patriots, #Giants, #49ers, #Saints, #Raiders, #Bills, #Jets, #Redskins

Arizona State:

@ASU_Rivals: Scouts from the Cardinals, Bills, Colts, Panthers, Titans, Patriots, Eagles, Bengals, Bears, Chiefs, Broncos, Lions, & more at ASU pro day.

@kaelenjones: Colts scout working Jamil Douglas and Tyler Sulka on the side.

@ASU_Rivals: Among the most active NFL teams as far as speaking/working with players at ASU pro day- Colts, Jaguars, Ravens, Vikings.

Troy University:

@BoltonSports: Teams in attendance at #Troy Pro Day:

Chargers, Colts, Jaguars, Dolphins, Rams, Denver, Oakland, Chiefs, Houston, Giants, Seattle

Sam Houston State University:

@camcambunch15: Colts, texans, chiefs, rams, chargers, redskins, raiders, falcons panthers. Teams in attendance at #SHSU Pro Day.

Southern Mississippi:

@GldnEaglePride: Scouts spotted at Southern Miss pro day: #Chiefs, #Dolphins, #Colts, #Patriots, #Giants, #49ers, #Saints, #Raiders, #Bills, #Jets, #Redskins

ASU has lots of player I like...

They've got Strong,  there's a safety, (Randall?)  there's Douglas the guard and they have Hardison a DT/DE....

I've got serious interest in all of them...    Hope the Colts do too....

I was also really hoping D.J. Foster would come out in the draft this year at rb but he went back for his senior year, He can do a little bit of everything

I'm assuming you saw and noted that a Coach from the Colts worked out your boy Douglas?!?

I thought I heard a shout of joy from your neck of the woods?!

I'm assuming you saw and noted that a Coach from the Colts worked out your boy Douglas?!?

I thought I heard a shout of joy from your neck of the woods?!

I did, I don't expect he will be around for us though in the middle rounds picking at 29. To much physical talent there I believe. I'd take him in the 3rd if there at 29 but I think he don't last till 29 in the 3rd

I did, I don't expect he will be around for us though in the middle rounds picking at 29. To much physical talent there I believe. I'd take him in the 3rd if there at 29 but I think he don't last till 29 in the 3rd

As a guard we might have a shot at him in the 4th or 5th round.     Most guards don't go in the top-3 rounds.

I wouldn't expect Douglas to.    He strikes me as a good solid player,  but not a top-100 player.    I'd be stunned...   but hey,  I've been stunned before!    Comes with the territory....

Utah State #53 Zach Vigil is probably whom the Colts were most interested in.

It sounds like you know something about Vigil?    Sounds good.

But, for whatever it's worth,  the profiles on NFL.com and ESPN are similar....    7th round guy to undrafted free agent.

Here's his profile from NFL.com

It sounds like he's a very good college player,  but he has limitations so that his game does not translate to the NFL level.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/zach-vigil?id=2552324

At Purdue they were probably looking at Raheem Mostert and Akeem Hunt as kick returners. Mostert ran a 4.32 and Hunt ran a 4.38, neither are pro caliber running backs but could make an impact as a returner.

In my latest mock draft I ha us taking Jamil Douglas in the 5th. Our O-Line coach being there is a good sign.

He's a really versatile guy much like Mewhort. He could play either guard spot, and RT. I would also hope we got a good look at Demarius Randall too though.

It sounds like you know something about Vigil?    Sounds good.

But, for whatever it's worth,  the profiles on NFL.com and ESPN are similar....    7th round guy to undrafted free agent.

Here's his profile from NFL.com

It sounds like he's a very good college player,  but he has limitations so that his game does not translate to the NFL level.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/zach-vigil?id=2552324

possibly. i just mean that of all the players @ Utah State pro day Zach Vigil is probably the one they are most interested in.

possibly. i just mean that of all the players @ Utah State pro day Zach Vigil is probably the one they are most interested in.

Here's a report on Vigil's pro day.    Sounds decent, but the report says priority free agent.

Utah State linebacker Zach Vigil (6-2, 236) had a good workout and will likely be a priority free agent.  He ran 4.68 and 4.67 in the 40.  He recorded a 32-inch vertical, 9-5 broad jump, 4.41 short shuttle and 7.11 three-cone drill.  Vigil had 26 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press.

Here's a report on Vigil's pro day.    Sounds decent, but the report says priority free agent.

Utah State linebacker Zach Vigil (6-2, 236) had a good workout and will likely be a priority free agent.  He ran 4.68 and 4.67 in the 40.  He recorded a 32-inch vertical, 9-5 broad jump, 4.41 short shuttle and 7.11 three-cone drill.  Vigil had 26 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press.

i believe i had read the same report. That's just one persons analysis though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted between Rd 5 to Rd 7. Utah State is still a Division 1 school. The Mountain West Conference doesn't have the talent of the SEC by any means, but from what i read he's good against both the run & pass. Those pro day numbers are pretty good too. 2013 vs USC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hClFlhinakU

@dpbrugler: Underrated FS Damarious Randall has private workouts set up w/ 7 teams: #Texans, #Seahawks, #Colts, #Cardinals, #Bucs, #Panthers, #Patriots

If we don't get Tartt or Prewitt, I like Demarious Randall. He's probably a FS, but he reminds of Earl Thomas in the sense that he's not afraid to come up and take a RB, and he hits harder than you might think.

You could probably get him in the 4th round too