Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Current Hole at the WR position

ProblChld32

we have enough chess pieces at the wide receiver position, need upgrades on o-line and almost every defensive position, except davis is a top at his position

we have three WRs not counting camp bodies under contract. One of them is pretty much a rookie who they hope will translate to the NFL but they don't know. Hilton is a star and Moncrief is promising but only a second year player and both do disappear at times. They need at least one more WR and they need some expereince at the poistion hence all the talk about vet WRs. I don't think anyone thinks it's the only need but it's still a need none the less.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Wayne clearly could not play anymore. I meant somebody of the kind of Avery, DHB, etc.

It would be interesting to see what kind of offers Nicks gets anf from what team.

i think he could still be a third or fourth WR for someone in a reduced role but thsts about it. If the Colts were looking for another one year guy to just pretty much be a vet in the lockerroom he could have been that guy as the guys you listed above have been. I don't think they are looking for that this time. They are looking for what Reggie gave them three years ago a vet who can be a one or two WR for two or three years.

With Maclin gone to KC, we have to get Andre if we want a vet.

Chiefs are going to release Dwayne Bowe, but I REALLY don't want him. He's inconsistent and many times shows a lack of effort/care.

I wouldn't try if I played for the Cheifs with that QB situation either. I don't really want Bowe though.

If they don't go after AJ, I expect them to try for Hartline....but I think they go for AJ big time. Especially as vet free agents are falling off the board. Johnson still has gas left in the tank, and is a vet that was close with Reggie. He can come in and provide locker room leadership, as well as a another bigger deep threat that can catch nearly everything. We'll see...

If they don't go after AJ, I expect them to try for Hartline....but I think they go for AJ big time. Especially as vet free agents are falling off the board. Johnson still has gas left in the tank, and is a vet that was close with Reggie. He can come in and provide locker room leadership, as well as a another bigger deep threat that can catch nearly everything. We'll see...

IMO, the FA floor needs to be Hakeem Nicks. Andre Johnson would be an upgrade over Nicks, but Hartline? Not so much. Of those left, (Crabtree, Shorts, Torrey Smith) I would contend that the greatest value is still Nicks. He is still young, showed improvement, especially in the playoffs and already knows the system. I can't say that either of these Free Agents would add what we are looking for.