Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we extend freeman

12isthenew18

No, he couldn't play OLB and be productive. He doesn't have the skill set or the size IMO. I like him but I really think we should replace him this offseason. Either through FA with a guy like McClain or Carter or in the draft with Perryman or McKinney. Wouldn't it be awesome to have an all around ILB who can cover and stop the run?

No, he couldn't play OLB and be productive. He doesn't have the skill set or the size IMO. I like him but I really think we should replace him this offseason. Either through FA with a guy like McClain or Carter or in the draft with Perryman or McKinney. Wouldn't it be awesome to have an all around ILB who can cover and stop the run?

OLB  need size and speed. 

I like Freeman but he is undersized for this Defense id like a Big Run Stuffer.

I have to agree with you. If Freeman doesn't cost a ton I would say keep him. But, as you point out, he's undersized for this defense and I think we need to bring in a bigger ILB. I'm guessing that Grigson will keep Freeman tho. It isn't a bad move, he is a solid player in this defense.

I have to agree with you. If Freeman doesn't cost a ton I would say keep him. But, as you point out, he's undersized for this defense and I think we need to bring in a bigger ILB. I'm guessing that Grigson will keep Freeman tho. It isn't a bad move, he is a solid player in this defense.

I like him as a Nickel backer in passing situations as he is more than adequate in coverage and has good speed. but against the run, a major liability. If we can keep him for a reasonable price im all for it.