Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Super Bowl/Senior Bowl Mock

Let's go all in this Off-season to assemble a squad that makes us the favorites to get to the Super Bowl next year! We definitely need some help and good pickups though! I think we should go all in and try to make all the players see the destiny and become TEAM players by taking some pay cuts, we shouldn't be afraid to Spend this off-season, LET'S GET IT!!!!!

Cuts/Re-Structures:

Cap to begin: roughly 30.7M

• Trent Richardson- CUT (Saves 3.5M)
  • ​Donald Thomas- CUT (Saves 3.25M
  • Shaun Philips- CUT (Saves 2.65M)
  • LaRon Laundry- CUT (Saves 1.42M)

• RJF- Re-Structure (6.35M - 3M Saves 3.35M)
  • Gosder Cherilus- Re-Structure (6.9M - 4M Saves 2.9M)
  • Erik Walden- Re-Structure (4.25M - 2M Saves 2.25M)

Current Cap: 50.02M

Re-Signings:

Boom Herron 2yr/1.5M-750K annually 

Reggie Wayne 1yr/1M (annually)

Hakeem Nicks 2yr/3M- 1.5M annually

Joe Reitz 2yr/1.5M-750K annually

Mike Adams 1yr/1M (annually)

Matt Hasselbeck 1yr/750K (annually)

Matt Overton 3yr/1M- 333K annually 

Daniel Adongo 2yr/1M-500K annually

Xavier Nixon 2yr/600K- 300K annually

Andy Studebaker 3yr/2.25M- 750K annually

Sergio Brown 3yr/3M- 1M annually 

Fili Moala 2yr/1.2M- 600K annually

Bring back most role players, except Darius Butler and Jerell Freeman looking for upgrades at there key roles and positions on our D.

Current Cap: 40.79M

Free Agent Signings:

CJ Spiller RB 2yr/7M- 3.5M annually

Grigson is know to be interested in Spiller, adding a young scat back for a relatively cheap price.

Rodney Hudson C 2yr/6M- 3M annually

A great blocking center, can come in and compete with Holmes, and Harrison.

Dan Williams NT 3yr/16.5M- 5.5M annually

Get a great young force to clog up the middle of the dline. We are in definite need of help on both sides of the trenches.

Jared Odrick DE 3yr/12M- 4M annually

Another player to put on the dline, to help with the need emphasis on the trenches. Odrick player his butt off on the Dolphins and may recieve a larger paycheck then this, but we'll see how his stock is effected.

Pernell McPhee OLB 4yr/16M- 4M annually

Get a great young pass rusher to add to the rotation. You can never have enough pass rushers. Already is connected with Pagano's system from his Baltimore days.

Chris Culliver CB 3yr/10.5M- 3.5M annually

A great cover corner to improve in the slot. Matching him with Vontae and Toler is SCARY, nobody could torch our Corners, even if (God forbid) we wouldn't be in as much trouble as we we're in those situations last year (Pittsburgh). Or if Toler goes down we'll be okay too.

Devin McCourty S 5yr/40M- 8M annually

Add a TOP caliber Safety at a very fair price. McCourty INSTANTLY makes our secondary MUCH better and suddenly we look to have the defensive back field as a strength with Vontae, Greg, Culliver, and Mike Adams as a rental.

Current Cap: 9.29M for draft picks and roll-over.

Draft:

1: Eric Kendricks ILB UCLA

A great Cover linebacker who certianly gets it done in the Run Game aswell. Kendricks could take over the roll of covering elite TE's and RB's. He also wouldn't be loosing any ground to Jerrell Freeman in the run game seeing as Kendricks is still good in the run game.

2: Jouse Matias OG FSU

Matias is exteremley strong, so he has great opertunities to open large holes in the run game. With that being said, he is not the greatest pass blocker in the world, not too bad but not great. He often has some trouble with speed rushers. Would be a large upgrade over Hugh Thorton.

3: Jaquiski Tartt S Samford

Tartt is being recognized as one of the underrated players from small schools. He has great size and range. A physical player that could wait under Mike Adams as he develops, then when he progresses he could play and fit beautifully beside Devin McCourty.  

4: Jermey Langford RB Michigan State

A physical runner would be the perfect compliment to Spiller/Herron. Langford had over 1,500 yards and 20+ touchdowns. Again would be the perfect compliment for Short Yardage situations and Goaline situations.

5: Christan Covington DE Rice

Would be consittered a much higher level prospect if he didn't dislocate his Kneecap, but with that being said he is still a great young player that could fit the bill on the dline emphasis.

6: Kevin White CB TCU

Not to be confused with Kevin White WVU superstar WR, but rather TCU's corner, but he did absolutely shut down him down when they met up face to face. He would add depth in the rotation and could fill in and possibly take the starting slot spot as that is what he excels at.

6: Jerimaih Rasco OLB LSU

Rasco under impressed at the East West Shrine game, but did produce decently well for LSU all season long. He is considered a above average Run defender but needs some work on his pass rushing ability.

7: Matt Miller WR Boise St.
Possession receiver, was looked at as a mid round selection in years past, but had a season ending ACL tear which hurt his draft stock. Could fight for a roster spot as a 5th or 6th receiver. 

UDFA's:

• Noah Spence OLB OSU
  • Markus Rush OLB Michigan St
  • Demetrius Nicholson CB Virginia
  • Isiah Johnson S Georgia Tech
  • Cameron Nwosu ILB SMU
  • Leon Orr NT Florida
  • Nigel King WR Kansas
  • Tre Williams RB Texas A&M
  • Tyler Moore OT/OG Florida

Look at up some of these kids, they all can play, but have been prolonged by Off the field problems and injuries but all can play and come from big name schools.

Roster:

Luck/Hasselbeck

Spiller/Herron/Langford/Ballard

Hilton/Moncrief/Wayne/Carter/Nicks/Miller

Allen/Fleener/Doyle

Costanzo/John

Mewhort/Reitz

Hudson/Holmes

Matias/Thorton

Cherlius/Nixon

Jones/Moala/Pendlington

Williams/Chapman/Hughes/Kerr

Odrick/RJF/Quarles

Mathis/Newsome/Werner

Jackson/Kendricks/Muamba/Jackson

McPhee/Walden/Studebaker

Davis/Toler/Culliver/Price/White

McCourty/Brown

Adams/Tartt/Anderson

MacAfee

Vaniterri

eave your thoughts below! Tell me what you think! Thanks go Colts! LET'S GET IT NEXT YEAR!!! :blueshoe:  :lombardi:   :blueshoe:

Almost all of the free agent signing figures are so far from reality it's not even close.

If we called and offered the figures you're talking about,  the reaction from the agents would be two-fold...

1.   Hysterical laughter.

2.   A click followed by dial tone.   They'd hang up so fast it's not even funny.    The figures are so far off you couldn't even start a discussion from them. 

Not sure one of the players would sign for the $$ you propose.

As other posters have pointed out your free agent numbers are way off ... did you just pull numbers out of a hat?

Actually, I spent a great amount of time looking at these contracts. Trying to compare them to those (contracts) of similar players such as;

CJ Spiller-Reggie Bush (2yr difference same $$)

Rodney Hudson-JD Walton (Same Contract)

Dan Williams-Tyson Jackson (2yr difference .5 annually more for Williams)

Jared Odrick-Mike DeVito (Same contract)

Pernell McPhee- Erik Walden (Same Contract)

Chris Culliver-Captain Munnerland (Same years .5 annual difference)

and Devin McCourty-Jarius Byrd (1yr 1 million annually difference)

So actually I spent lots of time on these contracts so please do some research before crirazing them.

Actually, I spent a great amount of time looking at these contracts. Trying to compare them to those (contracts) of similar players such as;

So actually I spent lots of time on these contracts so please do some research before crirazing them.

I think the numbers that are off are the returning free agents, not the new free agents. As you said, the new free agent numbers make sense, IMO. Or are at least close.

I think the numbers that are off are the returning free agents, not the new free agents. As you said, the new free agent numbers make sense, IMO. Or are at least close.

I agree here.  I just started trying to put actual dollars into my analysis, and I have much higher annual costs for the returnees.  Hasselbeck will get much more than $750,000.  I didn't think Herron was a FA, but he ran for 4.5 ypc and is our bst returning RB - he could command a couple million.  Reitz counted $1.4 million against th cap last year.  Seems to be across the board optimistic.

I agree here.  I just started trying to put actual dollars into my analysis, and I have much higher annual costs for the returnees.  Hasselbeck will get much more than $750,000.  I didn't think Herron was a FA, but he ran for 4.5 ypc and is our bst returning RB - he could command a couple million.  Reitz counted $1.4 million against th cap last year.  Seems to be across the board optimistic.

Hasselbeck can technically sign a qualifying contract as a veteran with more than four years experience, and his cap hit would be ~$640K, but his compensation would be more like $1m. That's a vet minimum contract, though, and I don't think Hasselbeck will re-sign for vet minimum. Same thing for Reggie, Redding and Adams.

Herron is an EFRA, meaning we can tender him and control his rights for $585K in 2015. Then he'll be an RFA in 2016, and we can control his rights again. Same for Nixon and Adongo. Overton is an RFA, so we can tender him for ~$1.3m, or we can sign him to a multi-year deal, which I think makes more sense, but it's not going to be $333K/year; that's below minimum for an undrafted rookie.

Reitz is an unrestricted free agent. I believe we could sign him at vet minimum on a qualifying contract, like the other vets mentioned above. But I think he has a better market than that. I don't think he'll be staying here for basically half of what he made last year as a restricted free agent. I think his market is more in the $2-3m/year range.

So yeah, there are some issues with some of those contracts. Some simple technicalities, and other issues with market value. 

As others have pointed out it wasn't so much with the new guys as it was with our own FAs. Superman's post pointed out a few of the problems.   In addition to the players he pointed out, IMO Brown will be getting a bigger contract as well. 

Sorry....   my bad.    I needed to be more clear.

I'm talking about your re-signs for the Colts, which are these....

For example,  you have Matt Overton signing a 3-year deal for $333k a year.   Xavier Nixon gets 300k.   Great.  Except the minimum salary is about 400K

You have Joe Reitz being offer a 2-year deal for 1.5 Mill/ 750k per year.   Reitz makes 1.4 Mill this past year.   So, your numbers are seriously way off.

All the offers for the Colts are seriously way off.    Most by a factor of 50-100 percent.   And some, way more than that.   

I appreciate that you did homework for the free agent signings, but you've struck out completely on the Colts re-signing.

Re-Signings:

Boom Herron 2yr/1.5M-750K annually 

Reggie Wayne 1yr/1M (annually)

Hakeem Nicks 2yr/3M- 1.5M annually

Joe Reitz 2yr/1.5M-750K annually

Mike Adams 1yr/1M (annually)

Matt Hasselbeck 1yr/750K (annually)

Matt Overton 3yr/1M- 333K annually 

Daniel Adongo 2yr/1M-500K annually

Xavier Nixon 2yr/600K- 300K annually

Andy Studebaker 3yr/2.25M- 750K annually

Sergio Brown 3yr/3M- 1M annually