Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I honestly think Seattle has no chance in the superbowl

bestQBever

Lol. They will pound lynch enough to tire the defense out, then rw will finish it off. The nfc is way more balanced and they have better defenses than the afc. The only good afc defenses I can think of is jets and ravens.

They will need more than Lynch to beat this Pats defense. Wilson can't have a game anywhere near what he had vs GB or else this will be a blow out.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas has a dislocated shoulder, Sherman has an injured elbow. Wilson is playing like garbage. Brady is gonna get his 4th ring and now that I've had some time to think about it...I don't mind it. Luck is gonna get compared to Wilson for the rest of his career. We would have nothing on Wilson if he gets another ring. 

lol,lol,lol

seattle has 1 st rated defense,  best offense,  wilson his 3 year. lol    everyone has a bad game more since he new still too nfl.  compare 3 year player's  as history a lot in 3 year regress some .  look at look ints he throw in the playoffs  10 ints.  look wilson total ints.  time for wilson have a bad playoff game.

Nothing the Pats have done on offense these past two weeks will work against the Seahawks. Great secondary, great pass rush, they zone the middle with athletic LBs and safeties, and they tackle well. If the Pats can run, they have a chance, but Seattle isn't going to give them that short stuff to the outside and across the middle. Anything they get up the seam will come with a price, and besides, I think Kam Chancellor was formed in a lab that was tasked with creating a player who can matchup against Gronkowski. I'm not saying Seattle is going to shut them down, I just think it's a completely different defense.

According to this, Pats short pass game should be very effective vs the Hawks who are 27th in the league defending the short pass with QBs completing 72 percent of their passes.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12192632/the-names-numbers-need-know-super-bowl-xlix-seattle-seahawks-new-england-patriots-espn-magazine

They will need more than Lynch to beat this Pats defense. Wilson can't have a game anywhere near what he had vs GB or else this will be a blow out.

That game was an aberration. Prior to that Wilson had a 109 rating in the playoffs and had thrown only one pick in six games. He had only 7 Ints the entire season and that was only the fifth time in his entire career he had thrown more than one pick in a game. I wouldn't count on Wilson having another bad game.

That game was an aberration. Prior to that Wilson had a 109 rating in the playoffs and had thrown only one pick in six games. He had only 7 Ints the entire season and that was only the fifth time in his entire career he had thrown more than one pick in a game. I wouldn't count on Wilson having another bad game.

Yeah, I am not betting on it BUT NE can play the same type of defense GB did and even play it better ...

true guy in nfl his 3rd season .  he due a bad game.  know many 3 year qb,s love  win sb and be in a sb for second time ? only other was big ben with the steelers.

According to this, Pats short pass game should be very effective vs the Hawks who are 27th in the league defending the short pass with QBs completing 72 percent of their passes.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12192632/the-names-numbers-need-know-super-bowl-xlix-seattle-seahawks-new-england-patriots-espn-magazine

The Seahawks want to prevent big plays so will allow some underneath passes and then swarm to the ball to prevent YAC. They want to force teams into 12-15 play drives to score believing that at some point a penalty, turnover, or third down stop will stall the drive. Last year Peyton Manning set a Super Bowl record for completions and completed a ton of short passes but managed to score only 8 points.

The Seahawks want to prevent big plays so will allow some underneath passes and then swarm to the ball to prevent YAC. They want to force teams into 12-15 play drives to score believing that at some point a penalty, turnover, or third down stop will stall the drive. Last year Peyton Manning set a Super Bowl record for completions and completed a ton of short passes but managed to score only 8 points.

true why they in super bowl and not you .  short pass  ok . its long too medium pass kill you and running . stop run then have pass . then have do hold too short yards then on 3 rd down make a stop . 

How do you see them defending Gronk? Put Kam on him alone or does he get help?

NE isn't going to be gift wrapped five turnovers by the Seahawks. And the Packers still couldn't beat them.

Gift wrapped? Those were forced. Great coverage and pressure on Wilson. He didn't just throw picks, he didn't complete hardly anything for three quarters to the point that the FG team scored your first points. You won't get those plays or the onside kick vs the Pats. Not to mention Rodgers struggling in the red zone. Pats are one of the top offenses in the red zone. GB blew that game more than the Hawks won it. Got too conservative at the end and then the gaffe on the onside kick.

NE is going to absolutely humiliate the Seahawks. So much so, that it will cause Colts fans (and many others) to wonder if the Colts are really that bad, or are the Pats just that good. 

What I saw last Sunday......I recoiled in horror and disbelief and how masterful NE caused confusion among our defense. Shockingly brilliant minutia. Who's eligible? Who's covering who? Why is what the who is what where why????? That's what I saw our defense doing over and over again.

Belichick is a pioneer, cut from the same cloth as Walsh and Lombardi. Beyond all that, we're STILL seeing the best single team era succeed greatly after so many years, and there's more to come. Same GM, same HC, same QB. The Pats are taking this in back-breaking fashion. 

NE is going to absolutely humiliate the Seahawks. So much so, that it will cause Colts fans (and many others) to wonder if the Colts are really that bad, or are the Pats just that good. 

What I saw last Sunday......I recoiled in horror and disbelief and how masterful NE caused confusion among our defense. Shockingly brilliant minutia. Who's eligible? Who's covering who? Why is what the who is what where why????? That's what I saw our defense doing over and over again.

Belichick is a pioneer, cut from the same cloth as Walsh and Lombardi. Beyond all that, we're STILL seeing the best single team era succeed greatly after so many years, and there's more to come. Same GM, same HC, same QB. The Pats are taking this in back-breaking fashion. 

Love this man. I hope you are right. :)

take you a pats fan?   guess their messing you on their forum ? wonder why we get so many pats fan  that spam are forums ?

take you a pats fan?   guess their messing you on their forum ? wonder why we get so many pats fan  that spam are forums ?

I "hate" the Pats. 

That's greatest compliment I can offer, because of why I hate them. If you require any affirmation as to why I hate the Pats, watch what they did to us 2 days ago, and then watch what they did to us in week 11, and then watch what they did to us last year, and the year before, and in 2010, in 2009 when we were both undefeated in reg season, and in 2004, and in 2003........

They own us. We're their Houston Texans. A one sided rivalry where one side laments and the other giggles. Just because I "hate" them, it doesn't suggest I'm gonna say mean, personal things about them and their fans. It doesn't mean I'm gonna be biased and blind about who and what they are. It doesn't mean I'll disrespect them. 

PS: The only other fan forum I'll be found on is the Denver Broncos. 

Gift wrapped? Those were forced. Great coverage and pressure on Wilson. He didn't just throw picks, he didn't complete hardly anything for three quarters to the point that the FG team scored your first points. You won't get those plays or the onside kick vs the Pats. Not to mention Rodgers struggling in the red zone. Pats are one of the top offenses in the red zone. GB blew that game more than the Hawks won it. Got too conservative at the end and then the gaffe on the onside kick.

Forced? Two of them hit Kearse in the hands and bounced in the air right to the defender. An NFL receiver has to make those catches. The other two interceptions were poor throws by Wilson but give GB credit for defending well on them. The Baldwin fumble wasn't stripped by the defender, he just lost control of it as he was being tackled.

None of those are turnovers the Seahawks typically make. The Seahawks WRs aren't great at getting separation but they are usually very good at catching balls they get their hands on. And I've seen virtually every pass Wilson has ever thrown and he rarely underthrows the ball like he did on two of the picks. It was a wet blustery day with gusty winds so that may have played a role in it.

Rodgers was continually handed the ball on short fields and could only score one TD against the Seahawks defense. Don't count on Brady being handed any short fields. The Seahawks success is based on protecting the ball, forcing teams to earn every point, and physically grinding teams into submission over four quarters. The first three quarters of the GB game are a total aberration of the way they have played for the past three years and I don't expect it to be repeated in the SB.

Credit to Seattle for battling, but I really thought GB blew the end of that game. They went ultra conservative running Lacy for loss after loss the second to last drive and then for some reason Matthews left the game the final two drives but then came back in OT. Have no idea why. Have not heard he was injured or anything.

They did big time, blow the game that is. If AR wasnt hobbled it would've been a completely different game, IMO even though GB should've had that one in the bag.

Forced? Two of them hit Kearse in the hands and bounced in the air right to the defender. An NFL receiver has to make those catches. The other two interceptions were poor throws by Wilson but give GB credit for defending well on them. The Baldwin fumble wasn't stripped by the defender, he just lost control of it as he was being tackled.

None of those are turnovers the Seahawks typically make. The Seahawks WRs aren't great at getting separation but they are usually very good at catching balls they get their hands on. And I've seen virtually every pass Wilson has ever thrown and he rarely underthrows the ball like he did on two of the picks. It was a wet blustery day with gusty winds so that may have played a role in it.

Rodgers was continually handed the ball on short fields and could only score one TD against the Seahawks defense. Don't count on Brady being handed any short fields. The Seahawks success is based on protecting the ball, forcing teams to earn every point, and physically grinding teams into submission over four quarters. The first three quarters of the GB game are a total aberration of the way they have played for the past three years and I don't expect it to be repeated in the SB.

I doubt as well that there will be a repeat but honestly GB was the better team for three and a half quarters. They were winning all phases of the game and playing with higher intensity and physicality than the Hawks who were bigger favorites to beat the Pack then the Pats were over the Colts.

All I am saying is the Pats can play that type of defense and stifle the Hawks and have a better offense than GB with a healthy Brady (unlike Rodgers) and Gronk who is the best red zone threat in the game. If the Pats enter the red zone six times like GB there is no way they come out with just one FG.

Still, I think it will be tight. The Pats have hit their stride in these playoffs with a tough, grind out win vs the Ravens and then a dominant performance vs the Colts. With two weeks to prepare, I have to believe Bill will have much in store for this game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not rooting for the pats.... but

in regards to Wilson being a "class act." I keep seeing this said in a lot of places. His ex-wife and the (now ex) boyfriend of his current flame might just disagree about how much of a class act he really is.

So you stoop to bring in a players personal life into the mix? Do you believe every rag mag thing that is printed? We don't know what went on between the people you mentioned, just what the media has made it out to be. I am not supporting Wilson but get real.

I doubt as well that there will be a repeat but honestly GB was the better team for three and a half quarters. They were winning all phases of the game and playing with higher intensity and physicality than the Hawks who were bigger favorites to beat the Pack then the Pats were over the Colts.

Green Bay was the better team for the first 1.5 quarters when they built a 16-0 lead based on four Seattle turnovers. Over the next two quarters the Seahawks had more total yards, a greater time of possession, and outscored the Packers 7-3. This narrowed the score to 19-7 which kept them in range to make their run in the last few minutes. If the Packers really had dominated them for a full three-and-a-half quarters as people are claiming then the score would have been well out of reach by the end of the game.

How do you see them defending Gronk? Put Kam on him alone or does he get help?

Probably some combination of Kam and KJ Wright. Maybe Bruce Irvin as well. Seattle is probably the only team with a DB who can not only match up physically with Gronk but can knock him into the next county.

So you stoop to bring in a players personal life into the mix? Do you believe every rag mag thing that is printed? We don't know what went on between the people you mentioned, just what the media has made it out to be. I am not supporting Wilson but get real.

If people can say he's a "class act" because of off the field things, why can't that be questioned on the basis of off the field things? By the way, none of this came from "rag mags" (whatever those are). I suppose "class act" is subjective, but to me, doing what he did is the very opposite of being a "class act."

If people can say he's a "class act" because of off the field things, why can't that be questioned on the basis of off the field things? By the way, none of this came from "rag mags" (whatever those are). I suppose "class act" is subjective, but to me, doing what he did is the very opposite of being a "class act."

So you have first hand knowledge or eye witness to what you call class acts? I understand if you don't care for Wilson but there is a lot of football players who are not the best of people. When you start dealing with ex wifes, ex girlfriends, boyfriends and new boy-girl friends no one really knows unless you know them on a personal level. It becomes he said she said most of the time. Jealousy sometimes drive people insane! :dunno:

Cant wait for this game. Two best teams in football going at it. I hope Seattle is healthy because NE is. If your really a fan of football this is a game you should be begging for. Don't get me wrong I wanted our Colts here but the best vs the best and I saw this coming from the beginning of the season when Bill got Revis and Browning to shore up that secondary. I favor NE because they are more balanced on both sides of the ball. Their defense is almost as good as Seattles and their offense is head and shoulders better. That said this should be a great matchup and every possession will have huge meaning...because even FGs may decide the outcome.

As a fan of the game I look forward to two of the best coaches, qbs, best cbs, and two freaks of nature in Gronk and Cam. All said and done Brady and Belicheck are just a little better and I think Tom makes one more play or a late drive for yet another FG to win it.

Green Bay was the better team for the first 1.5 quarters when they built a 16-0 lead based on four Seattle turnovers. Over the next two quarters the Seahawks had more total yards, a greater time of possession, and outscored the Packers 7-3. This narrowed the score to 19-7 which kept them in range to make their run in the last few minutes. If the Packers really had dominated them for a full three-and-a-half quarters as people are claiming then the score would have been well out of reach by the end of the game.

I wouldn't say Seattle won any part of the game until the last 5 mins. At best it was even for the third and most of the 4th quarter but Seattle got the benefit of an unsportsmanlike penalty being declined because the official got the call wrong and said it wasn't a dead ball call and instead of of 2nd and 33 it was only 2nd and 18 and they benefited from a fake fg and onside kick...both working and congrats but that isn't really outplaying the other team rather than a mixture of luck and execution. I know what your saying the game in the second half was much closer but GB really gave that game away. First not returning an interception that would have put them deep in Seattle territory if not a pick 6, secondly the botched onside recovery, and thirdly by not knocking down a rediculous pass on the 2pt conversion that Clinton-dix whiffed on as badly as Denvers safety on the Mile High Maricle which would have allowed Rodgers to take GB down for the win instead of the tie. Seattle executed some big plays late...but for the most part was clearly outplayed.

The Colts are intimidated by the Patriots. The Seahawks won't be.

There are a lot of things the Patriots like to do, and a lot of varied factors, that work in Seattle's favor.

For one, the Patriots like to attack your weakness on D. They like to move guys around and get favorable match-ups. LBs on Vereen, LBs or smaller DBs on Gronk, etc. With Seattle, that sort of goes out the window, because they're a very complete defense, and they have a lot of player versatility. Their LBs can rush the passer as well as they can cover. Their safeties are good cover guys but excellent in run support. The best way to attack them, from what I've read, is with the short passing game and the inside running game. But if that's conventional wisdom, it takes away some of the element of surprise that the Patriots have used effectively.

Basically, it seems anyway, Seattle just lines up and plays their defense. They don't make things complicated. They just have a sound scheme and they execute extremely well. 

On the flip side, Revis' impact is greatly mitigated in this game, because Seattle has no clear "#1" guy to take out. I think they'll do OK limiting Lynch because they tend to have more issues with smaller, lighter O-lines that employ more zone blocking schemes. But they've been hurt by mobile QBs and TEs this season, so Seattle will have options.

Ultimately I think the Patriots win or lose this one based on how well Brady plays. This isn't one of those games where the D or special teams will likely bail them out. Brady has to be great for them to have a shot, and no mistakes. I think Seattle can still win even if Wilson doesn't play well, but don't believe that will work both ways.

Lol. They will pound lynch enough to tire the defense out, then rw will finish it off. The nfc is way more balanced and they have better defenses than the afc. The only good afc defenses I can think of is jets and ravens.

They have 2 weeks to figure it out. Someone always exposes the patriots. The pats come up with something every year and get exposed at the end...

Seattle has exactly the formula to defeat New England, the top running game and the top defense in the league. Nevermind the Hawks struggle with Green Bay. The Packers may be the second best team in the league anyway and they defeated the Patriots recently. I think New England might be the team getting dismantled in this one.

Seattle has exactly the formula to defeat New England, the top running game and the top defense in the league. Nevermind the Hawks struggle with Green Bay. The Packers may be the second best team in the league anyway and they defeated the Patriots recently. I think New England might be the team getting dismantled in this one.

Seattle crushed GB in week one ...

Sure they have a chance.  Unlike our Colts, they are a disciplined defense who execute well and slow the opponent down, cause turnovers and very good tacklers.  Plus they can create pressure just with their front 4 unlike our guys.  On top of that they are a very capable running team, which New England has proven they are not the greatest in the world at shutting down the opponents running game(other than our Colts).  I expect Seattle will play this thing very similar to Baltimore on offense for the most part.

I do think in the end the Patriots will win because it's hard to keep that offense out of the end zone.