Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fire Manusky

SilentHill

At first , I was in favor of getting rid of Manusky but after reading other posts I realize Manusky has nothing to work with on defense. IMO the only keepers we have on defense are Vontae , Art Jones ,Toler, and Newsome. The rest are average at best or below average. Until this year , the Pats pass defense has been near the bottom of the league for the past few years. And that's with the best coach in the league. Revis and Jamie Collins have turned that defense around.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be intriguing.  As a DC, I believe he has excelled everywhere he has been.  Plus, he's a 3/4 guy, which should mesh with Pagano's ideas.

Phillips runs a very different style of 34 defense. It would require quite a bit of turnover in the front 7.

perhaps that's simply a reflection of how few people agree with you

Those people haven't viewed Manusky's body of work. He took SD defense from #1 overall to 16th with pretty much the same players in just one season.

These ratings speak for themselves:

2012 Colts - 21st in pass D, 29th in run D, 21st in scoring D, 26th in total D

2013 Colts - 13th in pass D, 26th in run D, 9th in scoring D, 26th in total D

2014 Colts - 12th in pass D, 18th in run D, 19th in scoring D, 26th in total D

No one can tell me that this is all about personnel. You coach your defense to your players strengths, not try to make them fit your mold.

Those people haven't viewed Manusky's body of work. He took SD defense from #1 overall to 16th with pretty much the same players in just one season.

These ratings speak for themselves:

2012 Colts - 21st in pass D, 29th in run D, 21st in scoring D, 26th in total D

2013 Colts - 13th in pass D, 26th in run D, 9th in scoring D, 26th in total D

2014 Colts - 12th in pass D, 18th in run D, 19th in scoring D, 26th in total D

No one can tell me that this is all about personnel. You coach your defense to your players strengths, not try to make them fit your mold.

It's a lot easier to do in Madden than it is in real life, huh? ;)

Finally!This man is the winner.I am sitting here shaking my head with a smile reading all these comments from all these people that think they know so much and I'm sitting here thinking to myself this whole time"not one person on this board has considered that most of it is mental"?I'll just say it,Colts fear the patriots.What?You guys really thought that just because they are pro players that they cant get rattled?You really think the past losses(about a gazillion of them)to the patriots has no effect on their psyche?

See, its ok if we at this message board think/say things like"oh crap,its the patriots"but its not ok if the colts players think that way.If they do then they have already lost.And I'm guessing that they do.These players have it in their heads that they are supposed to lose to these guys.Cant beat these guys.Sure we actually do need better players but the pats are not doing a damn thing special at all.Really.They have had much better teams on the field.

So is it a mental when they get thrashed by other good teams or is that just a NE thing?

Wrong,

Landry was a pro-bowler before we got him, Freeman was the best LB in the CFL when we got him, Toler was near elite in Arizona, Redding was an animal in Baltimore, Jean-Francois was really good in SF... and suddenly they all suck....and it's because they just suck, it has nothing to do with the coaching, conditioning, or scheme. Right. :rollseyes:

None of that is really true.

Landry has been a consistent disappointment since being drafted high in the first round

Best LB in CFL? Okay, but who cares?

Toler was good in AZ, but far from elite

Redding was probably the 4th or 5th best player on the Ravens D. Good complementary player.

RJF was and always will be a JAG.

it takes more than one player even if it's Luck to go from 2-14 to the AFCCG.

So we go from 10-6 with Peyton to 2-14 with Painter then back up to 11-5 with Luck. With no "5 year" rebuilding plan. And you're saying it wasn't due to the quarterbacks but due to some instant magic from the new coaching staff? hmmmm

So we go from 10-6 with Peyton to 2-14 with Painter then back up to 11-5 with Luck. With no "5 year" rebuilding plan. And you're saying it wasn't due to the quarterbacks but due to some instant magic from the new coaching staff? hmmmm

it wasn't the same team from 2010 to 2012 with just a different QB it was a complete rebuild following 2011. There was only a fraction of the roster thst returned and only six players remain from before Grigson to now yet they are in the AFC Title game. So clearly they have some good players beyond just the QB. If they didn't guys like Adams, Hilton, and Davis wouldn't be in the pro-bowl. No question a great QB helps but a great QB alone doesn't take you from 2-14 to the AFC title game in three years.