Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fox interviewing with Bears

amfootball

Fox hardly left a mess in Denver..4 consecutive division titles.

They need a defensive coach and that's Fox...apparently he knows the consultant who's helping out the Bears new GM..

He'll want some player control

The Bears definetly need an experienced coach...not a rookie first timer...

.They wont find anyone with his won-loss record..

Bears aren't 'all in; for 2015..but they need to make the playoffs next year and Fox can get that done..Good match

Fox hardly left a mess in Denver..4 consecutive division titles.

They need a defensive coach and that's Fox...apparently he knows the consultant who's helping out the Bears new GM..

He'll want some player control

The Bears definetly need an experienced coach...not a rookie first timer...

.They wont find anyone with his won-loss record..

Bears aren't 'all in; for 2015..but they need to make the playoffs next year and Fox can get that done..Good match

thaT WAS BECAUSE HE HAD MANNING.  if they had a diff qb,s ,lol   never made too sb

Sure when it goes one and done ... expectations were to win the SB after last season. Now he goes to the Bears and Cutler, yikes. We will see if they hire him. Have to think he gets a chance at Atlanta too ...

Thats pretty outlandish is it not? I mean was the Pats a mess after the 07 SB? Have they been a mess since 03 their last SB? I mean they are after all considered SB favorites almost every year and have one of the best qbs football has ever seen. Hardly I say. That was a terrible end to a weird season. Peyton getting hurt messes up everything as we saw. His health is very important to that team....but I agree they underachieved. That defense was there to take a stand if the offense struggled or faced adversity....it didn't hold up...and with Peyton playing on one old healthy leg they should have had enough to turn away our team...but they played uninspired and unprepared it seemed. I would say Fox got outcoached last week...and his team very much outplayed even though they didn't have nearly the same talent. Fox will have his work cut out in Chicago....he will earn every bit of his paycheck...and could turn them around...he is a good coach...but I wouldn't say he is in the great level....the level you sometimes need to win it all.

They have no defense, and he is a defensive minded coach.

The Broncos made a mistake here. As much as I dislike Fox, Peyton won't sniff another Super Bowl without a defensive minded coach, and his arm is gone. Hopefully we don't have to worry about that overrated team being anywhere next year. 

Word is his defensive coordinator will be Dennis Allen,. the old Oakland head coach..

Mike Smith..the old Atlanta head coach

or Mike Nolan, the old SF coach

Mike Smith, now that's hilarious. Atlanta has had one of the worst defenses in the league the past 3 years thanks to him. 

Like who? What other coach is available that has coached in two superbowls? I'm not a huge fan of fox, but he is more qualified than anyone available.

So Do you think Shanny is a better option?

Shanahan was exactly the guy I had in mind. I'm not impressed with what happened for Fox in Denver; That was more Elway and Manning then it was Fox.

what about shanny in Washington?

He got the team to the playoffs one out of two seasons. Coached them to their first division title since 1999. Not too shabby. I know you aren't suggesting he's a bad coach because of one off year there?

I would sit out a season before I would accept the Bears job. Its a mess, players all hate each other, not really good on either side of the ball.

I would sit out a season before I would accept the Bears job. Its a mess, players all hate each other, not really good on either side of the ball.

a lot of players probably wont be there next season..

They do need a lot of help defensively but its a chance to build a team...like Fox had in Carolina and Denver, in some respects.

Its a good fit.....where they play and who they play? they need a conservative defense-style coach with experience.

Fox is a proven winner..and they could not take a chance on a anotehr rookie coach