Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats in AFCCG game for 9th time in Brady/Bill era

MJD42

What a game! Pats onto their 9th AFCCG game since 2001. Unbelievable.

Great game today. Ravens gave them all they could handle but #12 was just too tough. Brady just cemented his legacy even more with coming back from down 14 points not once but twice and then the GW drive at the end. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of you Pats fans are regulars on here...and that has always been fine by me. GoPats, amfootball, JerodMayo51 and a few others are quite cool and don't troll. But, for tonight...can ya please take the celebration to a Pats' forum? It was a great game. As a Colts fan I wanted the Ravens to win for a POSSIBLE home AFCC. I get it, if it were my team I would be pumped. But just for tonight maybe not rub it in our faces? Asking with all due respect

I know a lot of you Pats fans are regulars on here...and that has always been fine by me. GoPats, amfootball, JerodMayo51 and a few others are quite cool and don't troll. But, for tonight...can ya please take the celebration to a Pats' forum? It was a great game. As a Colts fan I wanted the Ravens to win for a POSSIBLE home AFCC. I get it, if it were my team I would be pumped. But just for tonight maybe not rub it in our faces? Asking with all due respect

Noted but with all due respect back Pats didn't play/beat the colts. Ie wanting the Ravens to win not the same as wanting colts to win.

But yeah pats fans should cool their jets a bit ;)

Shocking to think its only resulted in 3 SBs nearly a decade ago.

And that's honestly not me trying to get a cheap shot. The Pats have had sustained excellence for so long. Feels like more than 3 SBs.

Yeah except SBs are just hard no matter who you are. I say 3 out 5 is actually good if you consider how hard it is. Especially considering the cap era. I mean they're not the 49ers :)

Yeah except SBs are just hard no matter who you are. I say 3 out 5 is actually good if you consider how hard it is. Especially considering the cap era. I mean they're not the 49ers :)

Absolutely winning a SB is difficult. But to put yourself in position to be 1 game away 9 times. 3 seems so low for that level of excellence.

Again. It's not a knock, and I'm not taking a cheap shot lol.

Absolutely winning a SB is difficult. But to put yourself in position to be 1 game away 9 times. 3 seems so low for that level of excellence.

Again. It's not a knock, and I'm not taking a cheap shot lol.

No I know you're not taking a shot and mathematically it looks funny but just was football is. I mean the other 2 SBs were lost on one play at the end.

Actually a .333 batting average :)

if you look at it that way................

No I know you're not taking a shot and mathematically it looks funny but just was football is. I mean the other 2 SBs were lost on one play at the end.

Actually a .333 batting average :)

if you look at it that way................

Oh I would take that level of success any day.

Tough game. Bellichick and Brady correctly went after our secondary like the Chargers did with Phil Rivers. No excuses like the Steelers, we played with what we had to play with. Need to get better next year. Joe played a great game , not the best call at 2nd and 5, but that's the way it goes. Great game .

Didn't catch the 2nd half of the game but from the first half I feel confident Denver can beat NE if they can get past the Colts. Flacco had his way with that defense and they can be ran on . Baltimore secondary cost them the game which I figured what was going to happen . Flacco pick at the end .... Felt bad for him he played a hell of a game . Oh well

3xX5YCe.gif

"Look at me. I'm Tom Brady and I can do whatever the hell I want"

3xX5YCe.gif

"Look at me. I'm Tom Brady and I can do whatever the hell I want"

Should have been ejected from that crap that he pulled . Never seen a qb get away with so much as he does and those tantru,s he throws like are you kidding me . Reminds me of when he got * and spiked the ball against the Niners 2 years ago.. Isn't that a penalty ?! . For him it isn't ....

Should have been ejected from that crap that he pulled . Never seen a qb get away with so much as he does and those tantru,s he throws like are you kidding me . Reminds me of when he got * and spiked the ball against the Niners 2 years ago.. Isn't that a penalty ?! . For him it isn't ....

Guy gets kneed in the chin, ref is right there, and no call.

Yeah, I wonder why Brady was upset.

He and Peyton are the only two players in the league that can pull that off without a flag being thrown. Some guys would have been ejected

Eh.. Suggs was in there too with the ref.   But I'll give you TB&PM will get those.

Tough game. Bellichick and Brady correctly went after our secondary like the Chargers did with Phil Rivers. No excuses like the Steelers, we played with what we had to play with. Need to get better next year. Joe played a great game , not the best call at 2nd and 5, but that's the way it goes. Great game .

Well you were right- you were playing with house money but the house was lucky to get their 1%  cut :)

Eh.. Suggs was in there too with the ref.   But I'll give you TB&PM will get those.

Whoaa....when has Peyton EVER done anything like that to a ref???  TB is the spoiled brat, not Manning.  Manning got fined for doing it against a DB and owned up to it. 

Well you were right- you were playing with house money but the house was lucky to get their 1% cut :)

Yep, almost bucked the odds , but didn't do enough. You have to roll the dice in that kind of game on the road, but the odds finally caught up with us. Joe went after it at the end like he did with the four other touchdowns, but I would have gone after the first down at 2nd and 5, then worked down towards the touchdown. My thinking would have been to give Brady as little time as possible if we did score. Joe thought he saw something, but it wasn't there. The patched up secondary got exploited, but that's the way it goes. They have to sign or draft better CB's and safeties next year. The rest of the team is pretty good. The Patriots did well to exploit the weakness.

Sorry to be the guy to deliver bad news to you, but next year you only have 1 pick in the NFL draft and you have few players that are going to be free agents and they are well over cap...that means they will have to let few people go this off season.

Sorry to be the guy to deliver bad news to you, but next year you only have 1 pick in the NFL draft and you have few players that are going to be free agents and they are well over cap...that means they will have to let few people go this off season.

What are you talking about ? We have a full array of draft picks plus probably four compensatory picks. We are in decent shape with the cap also.

What are you talking about ? We have a full array of draft picks plus probably four compensatory picks. We are in decent shape with the cap also.

Not what ESPN just said

Baltimore Ravens:

Overcap 5.9 MIL

Free Agents: Justin Forsett

Torrey Smith

Owen Daniels and few others...

NFL 2015 Draft 1 pick in the first 7 rounds for Baltimore Ravens.

Not what ESPN just said

Baltimore Ravens:

Overcap 5.9 MIL

Free Agents: Justin Forsett

Torrey Smith

Owen Daniels and few others...

NFL 2015 Draft 1 pick in the first 7 rounds for Baltimore Ravens.

Wrong, we have a pick in each round plus probably four compensatory picks . Gilmore or Pitta can replace Daniels who

Is older anyway , Forsett with Tallifero or another drafted running back or free agent, and Smith by a draft pick. No one even wanted Forsett or Daniels. ESPN wrong again

Suggs wasnt screaming in the refs face

Just watched the whole game. That play had a lot of context. Lots of people yelling and getting into it.

I take back what I said. That was nothing more than typical football. You guys had me fooled with your regular Brady whines.

Wrong, we have a pick in each round plus probably four compensatory picks . Gilmore or Pitta can replace Daniels who

Is older anyway , Forsett with Tallifero or another drafted running back or free agent, and Smith by a draft pick. No one even wanted Forsett or Daniels. ESPN wrong again

Yeah I figured they meant 1 pick in each rnd. No way does anyone have one pick out of the whole 7 rnds lol

Wow- Just watched another play when Eldlemen lost the ball and recovered. 3 ravens getting in the refs face. Again typical football. You guys are really nuts.

I'm pretty sure Carey Williams pushed a ref in the super bowl and didn't even get flagged for it. It's not just Brady.

He and Peyton are the only two players in the league that can pull that off without a flag being thrown. Some guys would have been ejected

Dez Bryant did the same thing last week except with his helmet off when the defense was on the field and no flag. Takes a lot for the refs to eject anyone from a playoff game ...

If you watched the replay of the game, the Ravens players were up yelling at the refs all game. Even Harbaugh took a bench penalty for yelling at them.

Personally, I loved the way the game was reffed. Very few flags unless blatant and they let the players play. Not sure if there was one offensive holding called all game on either team.

Guys getting kneed in a dog pile after a play. Gee never seen that before

Except that it wasn't a pile. It was one guy on Brady, and deliberately kneed him in the chin as he got up.

The ref saw it, and did nothing.

Colt fans have posted when Luck has been hit in the head; but when Brady gets kneed to the chin, there's no reason to be upset.