Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Landry has earned starting job back.....?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I posted some thoughts on PFF a few days ago, link below. I don't dislike them at all, but I think their work and its value is misrepresented quite often.    
    • This doesn't matter. If he isn't signed by training camp, it's a thing. Until then, no reason to worry about it.
    • Yep.  Found this article:   Negated bye weeks Teams should receive two benefits from a bye week. The first is their own ability to receive rest, rehab and prep. The second is their ability to have an edge in those benefits as compared to the opponent they next face. When Team A returns from a bye to play Team B, but Team B was also on a bye the prior week (or played Thursday the week before), it negates Team A’s edge in rest, rehab and prep.   Over the last decade, while the average team sees 1.8 negated byes out of 10, there are two teams that have seen 5 bye weeks negated. Meanwhile, 25% of the league hasn’t had a single bye week negated. We can’t have some teams with 50% of their bye weeks negated while other teams are playing without incurring it once. https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/article/offseason-research/teams-most-impacted-scheduling-inequalities   Quick view is that the negated week has not been good to us.
    • This is absolutely a thing, and I'm glad to see someone has broken it down. If you come off a bye to play another team that's coming off a bye, it negates any advantage you might get from your bye week. The other team is just as rested, etc. And the other factors broken down in Sharp's chart -- more/less rest than opponent, short week road games, etc -- the Colts are average or worse in all these areas.    I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I don't think the NFL has an agenda against the Colts, I don't complain about every perceived slight or disadvantage... but the schedule makers have a blind spot to some of these things, or just don't care, and it sucks.    I will add, though, that it's not a market/popularity thing. The Pats, Eagles, Seahawks and Giants have a lower overall rank than the Colts. But at least they get home primetime games...
  • Members

• Myles

Myles 4,373

• J@son

J@son 918

• WentzinRome

WentzinRome 97

• Superman

Superman 9,643

Moderators
    • Smonroe

Smonroe 2,420