Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions got robbed

bestQBever

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its been completely overblown. The Lions had their chances. The call wasn't egregious. There is the possibility that the refs decided that having your face mask pulled makes it difficult to turn and play the ball..I don't know why they decided what they did. I do know that the response has been disproportionate to the magnitude of the error (assuming there was one).

But you can't do that. That's why there are such things as offsetting penalties. Because in the situation described only one team benefits. Which is incompetence. If this happens first quarter. It's much less of a big deal.

Heck I'm even fine with a no call in that spot. But they called it. Announced it. And then reversed it. Incompetence.

and the INT before the half that gave a boost to Dallas. What happens after a call does matter because it can. Even if it was called we have no idea what the plays would be, good or bad.

Looks like I'm not quite in the minority anyway..at least not one ;)

Kind of my point but thanks?

By far one of the oddest people I've debated with on this forum lol.

But you can't do that. That's why there are such things as offsetting penalties. Because in the situation described only one team benefits. Which is incompetence. If this happens first quarter. It's much less of a big deal.

Heck I'm even fine with a no call in that spot. But they called it. Announced it. And then reversed it. Incompetence.

Fair enough.  I agree with the sentiment that a no call was probably appropriate.  Maybe there will be some clarification later this week from the league.

Fair enough. I agree with the sentiment that a no call was probably appropriate. Maybe there will be some clarification later this week from the league.

They'll just do the usual "Ooops our bad Lions" speech they give to every team when refs screw up lol.

You can't throws flag ANNOUNCE it then pick it up!! You can't let Dez Bryant argue with referee on the field when you're offense is off the field!! I don't understand how you let this ride out. You can't just say sorry and move on. I'm a die hard colts fan. If that was the colts oh man I would've just flat out stop supporting the NFL. I have a feeling Detroit lion fans are very close to not support thier team if nothing is done about this. Nation Fixed League!!!!

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 5, 2015 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, January 5, 2015 - personal argument

Watching NFL network and Michael Irvin was saying the refs were just picking up the flag because the bottom line is to get the call right and it wasn't PI.  Marshall disagreed with him.  Irvin & Sanders are clowns and really add nothing to the show except being rude and talking over everyone else.  It even appears that Rich Eisen is becoming fed up with Irvin.

LOL they are told what to say. No one is mad at anyone. Not a single one of them is giving any form of  personal opinion.

LOL they are told what to say. No one is mad at anyone. Not a single one of them is giving any form of  personal opinion.

You know what the beauty of you is?

Absolutely anything can happen,  and you can turn it into proof of a conspiracy theory.

You think those guys are "told what to say".....   Holy Cow,  I worked in that business for 30 years.    If you only knew how far off the mark you really are!!

Man,  your tinfoil hat must be on extra tight tonight!   :thmup:

Excellent no call.

We complain about ticky tac pass interference, but when Stafford throws a crap pass that hits the defender in the back and people want a flag.

He ran into the receiver before the ball arrived with his back to the play. That by rule is PI and the fact that itv was called and then reversed is ridiculous. If not called , I can understand it. Also Dallas O line outright tackled more than once in pass protection in the 4th quarter

Lol governor Christie was in the box with jerry jones celebrating! New Jersey just legalize sport gambling also! Connect the dots. I know you guys see how National Fixed League is scripted now right? NFL is just like WWE now.

I hope you are joking

He ran into the receiver before the ball arrived with his back to the play. That by rule is PI and the fact that itv was called and then reversed is ridiculous. If not called , I can understand it. Also Dallas O line outright tackled more than once in pass protection in the 4th quarter

Meh, I don't believe in throwing flags on crappy under thrown passes. I have zero problem with it.

I think it's safe to say we are all rooting for the Packers to completely decimate the Cowboys now.

It was a horrible call no doubt, but I was happy to see SUH lose. Apparently, 70 grand can't buy a win there eh Ndamukong?  :lol: I don't feel sorry for you at all. Yes, that's a little mean, but it's the truth. 

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12120752

He was still extremely lucky to even be playing in that Wildcard Game IMO. What comes around; goes around; Karma. I'll bet Aaron Rogers was laughing in private. 

You know what the beauty of you is?

Absolutely anything can happen,  and you can turn it into proof of a conspiracy theory.

You think those guys are "told what to say".....   Holy Cow,  I worked in that business for 30 years.    If you only knew how far off the mark you really are!!

Man,  your tinfoil hat must be on extra tight tonight!   :thmup:

no you didn't. Yes, everything in a studio is scripted. These are dumb ex jocks. They cant spontaneously do crap. What ? you worked for a public cable station or something ?  You've never done a damn thing for any major network or you are straight lying to look good. Not one thing about reality tv or studio tv is spontaneous in any way,shape or form. Its either completely edited or scripted. Anything the ex jocks say is to create controversy on purpose so you think theres personal opinion involved.

no you didn't. Yes, everything in a studio is scripted. These are dumb ex jocks. They cant spontaneously do crap. What ? you worked for a public cable station or something ?  You've never done a damn thing for any major network or you are straight lying to look good. Not one thing about reality tv or studio tv is spontaneous in any way,shape or form. Its either completely edited or scripted. Anything the ex jocks say is to create controversy on purpose so you think theres personal opinion involved.

You really do live on another planet.

Pre-game shows are scripted.

But half-time and post-game shows are not.  There's no time to write scripts.    They're ad-libed. 

And those dumb ex-jocks are not as dumb as you think they are.    Ad-libbing their opinions is not that hard to do.

As for me.    I have a National Emmy Award I earned for working for CBS Network sports.

I've also worked for CBS, NBC and Fox here in Los Angeles.    I have local Emmy awards for when I worked there.

Like I said,  you have no idea -- none at all -- what you're talking about.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, January 5, 2015 - personal shot
Hidden by -JJ-, January 5, 2015 - personal shot

But half-time and post-game shows are not.  There's no time to write scripts.    They're ad-libed. 

And those dumb ex-jocks are not as dumb as you think they are.    Ad-libbing their opinions is not that hard to do.

As for me.    I have a National Emmy Award I earned for working for CBS Network sports.

I've also worked for CBS, NBC and Fox here in Los Angeles.    I have local Emmy awards for when I worked there.

you are a  liar LOL yes its easy to script anything when its understood whats happening well ahead of time. They can also not know whats going on and be told to roll with it. You take pro and you take con = its real easy.

If you worked in sports you are straight liar or the dumbest person on earth. I'm too intelligent to be bluffed by this crap.

what did you think ? I was just going to fold and say gee whiz golly, he must be right...LOL nope, no chance buckwheat. I am the lion and you are the mouse. Get over yourself and tell a 12 year old your crap.

I understand what you are saying but my problem is they threw the flag. How do they then pick it up ?

It was explained above link. The line judge saw not enough for PI but the other guy Pete called it. Too soon.\So yeah it was a confusion by the ref crew (it happens with humans) and Pete admitted it could have gone smoother by waiting while they conferred. Then again if they threw the flag late people would complain. Can't win sometimes.

I'm a Lions fan, and I didn't really view it as a pass interference call. There are WAY too many ticky-tack penalties in the NFL these days and that's because it has become a pussified sport and is almost unwatchable. It's now designed to make the QB's look pristine and pretty and keep them pretty throughout the entire year so they can put up a lot of points. If you're a defensive player, you're basically the scum of the earth. The Lions have only themselves to blame since they only scored six points from quarters two through four.When you can't get Calvin Johnson off, well, you only have yourselves to blame.Detroit still is not a very good team and you know what it comes down to? They have ANOTHER s___y coach. Caldwell sucks. He sucked at Wake Forest. He sucked with the Colts. And he sucks now. Period.

Imagine if this happend to us against the Pats !

Hey dude, don't even joke about that man because if it did happen as you suggest it might rupture the world as we know it. Just messing with you Shane.  :D

Watching NFL network and Michael Irvin was saying the refs were just picking up the flag because the bottom line is to get the call right and it wasn't PI.  Marshall disagreed with him.  Irvin & Sanders are clowns and really add nothing to the show except being rude and talking over everyone else.  It even appears that Rich Eisen is becoming fed up with Irvin.

Yep, I have a strong disdain for both Deion & Michael, who love the sound of their own voices. Both guys could play in their day yes, but neither 1 of them knows how to shut the hades up & just listen. 

And just once, I want a SB winning QB to go off on Deion & say "Stop trying to be my best friend now when you have been slamming my teammates & coaches all year. Get the hades away from me you media fraud. Oh yeah, you're HOF speech sucked too. How can somebody who talks so much deliver a sad excuse for a speech? Riddle me that Prime Time." 

Watching Michael try to justify picking up the penalty flag was just hilarious. Mike can you be objective about anything Dallas related or do you see Blue stars everywhere? In you soup, in your meatloaf, when you take a take a dump in the bathroom? Sigh...

It was explained above link. The line judge saw not enough for PI but the other guy Pete called it. Too soon.\So yeah it was a confusion by the ref crew (it happens with humans) and Pete admitted it could have gone smoother by waiting while they conferred. Then again if they threw the flag late people would complain. Can't win sometimes.

Yeah .. I just found that link a while ago. I didn't see it here... missed it.

I would say by rule it was no doubt 100% PI but if the crew thought the other official had a better view of it , what can you do? No doubt there was no conspiracy to give Dallas a win. IMO very lucky and they no doubt got all the calls in the 4th quarter . But it happens ...

Yeah .. I just found that link a while ago. I didn't see it here... missed it.

I would say by rule it was no doubt 100% PI but if the crew thought the other official had a better view of it , what can you do? No doubt there was no conspiracy to give Dallas a win. IMO very lucky and they no doubt got all the calls in the 4th quarter . But it happens ...

yep pretty much how I always feel...what can you do. and it maybe PI by rule in the strictest sense.

I was only glad they picked it up because I agree with the post above by Lordhelpourcolts

Maybe in the end they were letting them play but messed it up..

Congratulations NCF! I'm not surprised. You deserve 3 more Emmys just working for Keith Olbermann. Good work.  :hat:

LOL am I supposed to be impressed by your lies ? Sorry dude but your quotes are meaningless fodder. I do in fact know how  studio and reality tv really work in the sports world. Youll have to try harder. 

all of it is a show. All of it

I'm a Lions fan, and I didn't really view it as a pass interference call. There are WAY too many ticky-tack penalties in the NFL these days and that's because it has become a pussified sport and is almost unwatchable. It's now designed to make the QB's look pristine and pretty and keep them pretty throughout the entire year so they can put up a lot of points. If you're a defensive player, you're basically the scum of the earth. The Lions have only themselves to blame since they only scored six points from quarters two through four.When you can't get Calvin Johnson off, well, you only have yourselves to blame.Detroit still is not a very good team and you know what it comes down to? They have ANOTHER s___y coach. Caldwell sucks. He sucked at Wake Forest. He sucked with the Colts. And he sucks now. Period.

I'm sorry for you LHOC that the Lions lost since you are a Detroit football fan, but I think you are being a tad harsh on HC Jim Caldwell here. He improved Matthew Stafford's throwing motion, confidence down the field, & he dissected all his throws before he was even hired in the Motor City.

Plus, the Lions had a chance to win the NFC North. Jim's not exactly inspirational, but he got them to a playoff game & unlike his predecessor the team did not unravel or fall apart at the seams either. 

I'm sorry for you LHOC that the Lions lost since you are a Detroit football fan, but I think you are being a tad harsh on HC Jim Caldwell here. He improved Matthew Stafford's throwing motion, confidence down the field, & he dissected all his throws before he was even hired in the Motor City.

Plus, the Lions had a chance to win the NFC North. Jim's not exactly inspirational, but he got them to a playoff game & unlike his predecessor the team did not unravel or fall apart at the seams either. 

No. He sucks. They should fire him immediately and bring in Rex Ryan.

LOL am I supposed to be impressed by your lies ? Sorry dude but your quotes are meaningless fodder. I do in fact know how  studio and reality tv really work in the sports world. Youll have to try harder. 

Well this went off script. Still cracks me up. Tho its more a blooper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcwcjt6qcYs

TMZ has a pic of the head of officiating Dean Blandino getting off a party bus with JerryJones son Stephen Jones a week ago. Reportedly certain NFL execs are infuriated with this pic becoming viral and the officiating in todays game seemingly coinsiding, I know its TMZ but still this does not look good. check out Lordhelpourcolts thread "Cowboys in bed with officials"

Having said all that LHOC, I'm pleased as punch that Caldwell is no longer working in INDY so part of me does feel your pain when it comes to Jim's shall we say slow to react sideline adjustments. 

That's the nicest way I can put it. That's not an indictment against him; just more relief that he's no longer the Colts HC anymore. Enough said. 

No. He sucks. They should fire him immediately and bring in Rex Ryan.

So, just out of curiosity, does this mean you'd rather have Jim Schwartz back? Rex Ryan would never come to Motown in a million years sorry. Who would be your number 2 prospect if there was a HC vacancy? 

Detroit's media market is way too small potatoes to Rex Ryan. You can't go from the media capital of the world to rural Michigan. Nothing wrong with either upper or lower peninsula here, it's just that Rex is too larger than life to ever jump at that job unless it's the only one available that is. 

Hey....   no worries....    I'm not the least bit surprised that you don't believe me....

So,  I'll make a peace offering so we can be bestest friend here....

The moon landings?     Didn't happen.    All done on Hollywood sound stages!

Elvis?     Still alive and living in one of the Dakotas....   I can't remember if it's North or South?

And JFK?      Not only was he not assassinated,  but he and Marilyn Monroe (yup, she's still alive too)  are living at the Kennedy compound behind those big tall walls.     They have their own little love nest and are having a great time together even though both are well into their Golden Years!

There!     Satisfied?

If not.....   there's a conspiracy theorist over on the Stanford fans website that I visit daily.

And he think that the Bush family brought down the Twin Towers on 9/11 with battlefield tactical nuclear weapons and that no one was killed at the Newtown elementary school.    All actors involved in a massive government conspiracy to try and take everyone's guns away from them.    Seriously.

The two of you should get along famously!    A match made in paranoid Heaven!      :thmup: