Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens are the 6th seed (merge)

bap1331

Congratulations, Ravens fans.  You earned it.

I honestly don't think the Chiefs will make it past the first round.  They are very beatable.  Even with all our injuries we could have and should have beaten them today.  Chase Daniel won't take them far, he crumbled in the second half.  The only reason the Chiefs had 7 sacks is we were playing out Practice Squad out there on the Oline for a chunk of the game.  

Good luck all that got their ticket to the "ball!"

Congratulations, Ravens fans. You earned it.

I honestly don't think the Chiefs will make it past the first round. They are very beatable. Even with all our injuries we could have and should have beaten them today. Chase Daniel won't take them far, he crumbled in the second half. The only reason the Chiefs had 7 sacks is we were playing out Practice Squad out there on the Oline for a chunk of the game.

Good luck all that got their ticket to the "ball!"

the chiefs aren't in the playoffs

I was pulling for the Texans to make it... Oh well. 

absolutely not! i think we really need a good team to compete against the Broncos and Pats. Tired of seeing them face each other every year. And neither of them stand a chance against the NFC.

I think this is great. We need a team to eliminate the powerhouses of the Broncos and Patriots. Steelers are just kryptonite to the Pats. While the Bengals, Texans dont stand a chance. Chiefs maybe but they have too many injuries..

Pats own the Steelers. I do not fear them. I do fear the Ravens who have beaten the Pats twice at Foxboro. My hope is Steelers win tonight and then take of Ravens next week.

I'm kind of shocked we got in. One good thing is Ngata will be back rested off his suspension. If Bell is out, that is huge. I would blanket Brown and let someone else try to beat you. This isn't the strongest Ravens playoff team, but at least they have a punchers chance. I prefer playing Pittsburgh because we are built to play against them. There will be hatred, hard hits, and no surprises.

I'm kind of shocked we got in. One good thing is Ngata will be back rested off his suspension. If Bell is out, that is huge. I would blanket Brown and let someone else try to beat you. This isn't the strongest Ravens playoff team, but at least they have a punchers chance. I prefer playing Pittsburgh because we are built to play against them. There will be hatred, hard hits, and no surprises.

Congrats to your Ravens on getting in.

How do you see the Steeler game going? You guys seem to both have the same weakness - a poor secondary. Do you see Flacco being able to take advantage? Got to think there will be some plays there especially of Troy and Ike are out again. Bell has a hyperextended knee so I would think he would play but if he does not than I think the Ravens can win as so much of their O comes through him. He is such a threat in the pass game.

Question- have the Ravens ever beat the Steelers in the post-season since 2000?

Congrats to your Ravens on getting in.

How do you see the Steeler game going? You guys seem to both have the same weakness - a poor secondary. Do you see Flacco being able to take advantage? Got to think there will be some plays there especially of Troy and Ike are out again. Bell has a hyperextended knee so I would think he would play but if he does not than I think the Ravens can win as so much of their O comes through him. He is such a threat in the pass game.

Question- have the Ravens ever beat the Steelers in the post-season since 2000?

Good question. No Baltimore team, the Orioles, Colts, or Ravens have ever beaten Pittsburgh in the playoffs. The Ravens are 0-3 , but all the games have been in Pittsburgh, as this one is.

That being said, I think we are playing with house money as I didn't expect to get in after the horrendous loss to the Texans. There is some reason for optimism. Ngata is back, Melvin and Webb have somewhat stabilized the CB positions, although they have played 3rd string QB's. Big Ben will be far different. Flacco is a much better playoff QB on the road than the regular season. If Bell is out, that helps big time, and you keep the ball away from Brown, which the Bengals didn't. The Ravens are not afraid of the Steelers, and are built to play them. History is against them, but it's nice to be in a year after blowing up the team , and having decimating injuries this year. They played hard, and Harbaugh did a great job.

Good question. No Baltimore team, the Orioles, Colts, or Ravens have ever beaten Pittsburgh in the playoffs. The Ravens are 0-3 , but all the games have been in Pittsburgh, as this one is.

That being said, I think we are playing with house money as I didn't expect to get in after the horrendous loss to the Texans. There is some reason for optimism. Ngata is back, Melvin and Webb have somewhat stabilized the CB positions, although they have played 3rd string QB's. Big Ben will be far different. Flacco is a much better playoff QB on the road than the regular season. If Bell is out, that helps big time, and you keep the ball away from Brown, which the Bengals didn't. The Ravens are not afraid of the Steelers, and are built to play them. History is against them, but it's nice to be in a year after blowing up the team , and having decimating injuries this year. They played hard, and Harbaugh did a great job.

Yes, it has been a nice season for Harbaugh even though inconsistent. I do love when the Steelers and Ravens play. Can't wait for T-sizzles comments this week. :)

Yes, it has been a nice season for Harbaugh even though inconsistent. I do love when the Steelers and Ravens play. Can't wait for T-sizzles comments this week. :)

We had one foot in the grave until KC gave us a break, so I'm very happy to be in even though we almost blew it in Houston. With all the injuries and adversity we have had, I'm certainly stoked for a third Steelers week this season. The game will be full of hard hits, malice , hatred, tripping , hype, agitated fans, and other fun. I'm sure Sizzle won't let you down.

Ravens will be an easy out. I don't see them getting past the Steelers and the Patriots if they miraculously beat the Steelers. I just don't see it. They don't have the horses in the secondary to compete.

Maybe, but they are in the dance. You are right about the secondary, both offensive tackles were out against the Browns, and the running game is tiring. This is not the 2012 Ravens with a lot of players coming back from injuries, this is an injury battered team. Still, with all the off the field issues, Ray Rice, and then Ngata suspended for Adderall , it's a nice accomplishment just making it to the playoffs. Harbaugh did a great job keeping it together , and everyone is 0-0. Just great to be in after a one year absence, and we will see what happens.

I think this is great. We need a team to eliminate the powerhouses of the Broncos and Patriots. Steelers are just kryptonite to the Pats. While the Bengals, Texans dont stand a chance. Chiefs maybe but they have too many injuries..

Brady is 5-2 lifetime against the Steelers, and 2-0 in the playoffs. Lost one game in Big Ben's rookie season (the game that ended their 21-game win streak, including playoffs) and a second one in 2011 in Pittsburgh. The Steelers also beat the Pats in 2008, but no Brady that year. 

Point being, I'm not sure where you're getting that idea. Anything can happen but historical precedent clearly favors NE here.