Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any body else think moncrief has fastest top end speed

Stephen

We're talking about Moncrief's great speed because he put it on display on Coby's long TD reception.....

So, I'll add this.....

I thought Moncrief blocked TWO Washington defenders in the back on the play and I was stunned that the play wasn't called back as a result.

His speed was impressive,  but I think the Colts caught a break by not getting flagged on either illegal block.

We're talking about Moncrief's great speed because he put it on display on Coby's long TD reception.....

So, I'll add this.....

I thought Moncrief blocked TWO Washington defenders in the back on the play and I was stunned that the play wasn't called back as a result.

His speed was impressive, but I think the Colts caught a break by not getting flagged on either illegal block.

You're the second person I heard say that, I went back on my dvr and looked and ill admit it was close. I think it's just the angle the TV camera had on it. Then again it could be the ref happened to glance away for a second on each of those or wasn't sure so he didn't throw the flag

So, I'll add this.....

His speed was impressive,  but I think the Colts caught a break by not getting flagged on either illegal block.

I was worried about a penalty too -- especially on the first guy.  He just reached in from behind and grabbed his shoulder which turned and slowed him down a bit.

Moncrief needs to start lifting

He's 6'2" 220 pounds.  He's plenty big.  Anymore muscle at his size could compromise his speed/agility.  He just needs to keep refining other points of his game such as route running and consistently catching the ball with his hands.  We all know he has the physical tools of a #1 WR.