Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buffalo (+10) @ Denver (12-7-14)

oldunclemark

4:05 EST - CBS

.....low 50s and sunny ..over-under 48.5

Kyle Orton 64%...13 TDs and 5 interceptions

WR Sammy Watkins 51 catches for 595 yards (but he's questionable)

Buffalo has 48 QB sacks (No.1 in the NFL) (ex-Colt Jerry Hughes has 9 sacks)

Buffalo averages 3.8 yards per carry and has rushed for 1,178 yards in 12 games..(they lost top RB Spiller early in the year) Freddie Jackson gained 70 yards in 21 tries last week

Denver's CJ Anderson has 59 carries for 355 yards in his last 2 games..but Buffalo has allowed just 1,156 yards

rushing all year

Denver TE Julius Thomas - questionable..CB Kaywvon Webster, RBs Ronnie Hillman, Montee Ball both out.

Buffalo (7-5) plays 3 of their final 4 game son the road and they almost surely need 10 wins to make the postseason.

A Denver (9-3) win and a New England (9-3) loss at San Diego (7-5) gives the Broncos a one-game lead for the No,.1 seed in the AFC with 3 games to play.

10 is a lot but, in perfect weather, this looks like a Denver blowout

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a blowout unless the secondary just breaks down. I've been impressed with their defense this year, and I think with the great defensive line they have, they could give Peyton some trouble. Not to confident in the offense. But I don't see this as a super high scoring game. 

Think defense should hold down the fort and keep us in as long as they can, but don't see the offense going toe to toe with these guys. Denver probably pulls away at the end.

Still having weird feelings about this game though

Last time the Bills went up against a Peyton-led team was 2006 in Indy. I know we played him again in 2009, but it was the last game of the season and he was pulled after a couple of series.

Weird how it's been 8 years since we've played a full game against him...

Very hard to play at Denver if you don't play there regularly..that's part of why SD does so well.

....What is bad from a Buffalo standpoint is that they havent run the ball well and they have an immobile QB...

That's a blueprint for getting jacked up here.... That's probably why the spread is so high

I'm just glad the Pats already played the Bills and Dolphins on the road this year, so they SHOULD be able to close out the season 3-0 in the division

For some reason the Jets still scare me though. . Rex, and really that entire organization, has a complex when it comes to the Pats and always seem to play like it's their superbowl.

Very hard to play at Denver if you don't play there regularly..that's part of why SD does so well.

....What is bad from a Buffalo standpoint is that they havent run the ball well and they have an immobile QB...

That's a blueprint for getting jacked up here.... That's probably why the spread is so high

Orton is familiar with playing in Denver though, so he may cherish the challenge but he is not as consistent as he used to be.

Buffalo has a beastly pass rush but Denver did a pretty good job last week....I think they will run a lot of two receiver sets and do the jumbo packages again this week. Be interesting to see if Julius plays this week. I would think they would limit his snaps and perhaps just use him in certain packages like redzone etc. Buffalo is a good defense...this will be a good test to see if that offense is legit or if they just ran up against two really weak run defenses.

I'm just glad the Pats already played the Bills and Dolphins on the road this year, so they SHOULD be able to close out the season 3-0 in the division

For some reason the Jets still scare me though. . Rex, and really that entire organization, has a complex when it comes to the Pats and always seem to play like it's their superbowl.

Not you too, JM...

This irrational fear of JETS....a.m. has it, too...I'm stupified

The Jets really scare you more than Buffalo, which leads the NFL in sacks...?

Geno scares you more than Orton. ReallY/

Not you too, JM...

Probably because the Jets tend to give the Patriots tough games, while the Bills tend to fold up against them and play horribly. That and we've beat them like twice in the past 11 years. Really does sink in after a while.

Probably because the Jets tend to give the Patriots tough games, while the Bills tend to fold up against them and play horribly. That and we've beat them like twice in the past 11 years. Really does sink in after a while.

But past years dont matter.....Those are totally different teams..that are gone now./

THESE Jets are 2-10...you cant logically think that last year's results matter in a match of this year's teams.

How many games do the Jets have to lose before folks see them for what they are..?

The Bears beat the Jets. What does that say about them?

But past years dont matter.....Those are totally different teams..that are gone now./

THESE Jets are 2-10...you cant logically think that last year's results matter in a match of this year's teams.

How many games do the Jets have to lose before folks see them for what they are..?

The Bears beat the Jets. What does that say about them?

the pats beat them by 2 points in October

I know you don't care one way of the other.

i don't, but it doesn't change the fact that rex ryans defense gives new england trouble. Its also a division game and weird things happen I dont think anyone is predicting a pats loss to the jets, but to suggest it is impossible is naive at best

Not you too, JM...

Geno doesnt scare me... but that team in general, i honestly think spend more time on the Pats than anyone.. Rex has a HUGE complex about BB and the Pats.. he feels like he has something to prove every time they play

Its just a long rivalry with lots of hate, backstabbing, stealing each others players and coaches, spygate, etc... Those games are very personal, especially with the history of the Jets always playing upsetter for the Pats.. they usually split 1-1 with them and/or Miami

You're not the first Ive hear say that....it must be above and beyond what's on the field..like you say

,...the game is in NY....

....I just cant see the Pats 'D' giving up more than 17 points to the Jets

I think you are right Mark. When they did play back in NE, the Pats had just lost Ridley and Mayo and it was on the short week. The Jets are even worse now and the Pats are the best team in the AFC. I expect them to handle the Jets in NY but it won't be easy. Division games are always tough and the Jets almost always play us tough.

The 'air' issue in Denver wont affect the QB as much as the line and perimiter people...

Its a big issue for teams that don't play there regularly

I think it was a tough go for us going in there first game of the year...opening night...prime time. Nobody's even played 4 qtrs yet and we have a lot of young guys gasping for breath early on...and we fall behind fast...then we adapt..calm down and make a game of it. Veteren teams that can control clock etc won't have as much of an issue...young inexperienced teams and teams that can't control clock with a run or passing game usually struggle.

I think you are right Mark. When they did play back in NE, the Pats had just lost Ridley and Mayo and it was on the short week. The Jets are even worse now and the Pats are the best team in the AFC. I expect them to handle the Jets in NY but it won't be easy. Division games are always tough and the Jets almost always play us tough.

Yes. As much as Rex gets made fun of he usually throws a good defensive game plan together against Tom and that offense....plus he usually runs the ball well enough to keep him off the field....but he just doesn't have the guns to win in this fight...and I imagine most of his team has probably already cashed out on the season and him by now.

If Rex was here running our defense or Denver or like he was back with Baltimore....dang that would make for a good team.

Geno doesnt scare me... but that team in general, i honestly think spend more time on the Pats than anyone.. Rex has a HUGE complex about BB and the Pats.. he feels like he has something to prove every time they play

Its just a long rivalry with lots of hate, backstabbing, stealing each others players and coaches, spygate, etc... Those games are very personal, especially with the history of the Jets always playing upsetter for the Pats.. they usually split 1-1 with them and/or Miami

You measure yourself with the best. I really respect Rex as a coach...and I'll leave it at that though lol.