Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colt McCoy starting Sunday/RG3 Benched (Merge)

wesd2890

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what has happened with Robert Griffin The Turd.  I used to like him quite a bit in his rookie year, now I'm just scratching my head at the guy.

He's got the yips is really the only thing to say only 4 qb's in history have dropped so far in performance none ever recovered .  

Colts are soft defensively so Alfred Morris could have a field day running the ball.

Soft defensively? Maybe before this year you could definitely call us soft, but not any more. We have some fully grown men in that front seven. Our rushing numbers are dead middle of the pack ranked at number 16 in the league, but that is a far cry better than years past where we were pretty much always ranked from somewhere around 26th to dead last.... Oh and by the way, coming off a game where we gave up only 80 yards rushing to the entire opposing team... Yeah it was only the Jags, but in years past we have made the Jags rushing attack look like it was commanded by Edgerin James for gods sake.... This front seven isnt as soft as people think it is.

Crap I was looking forward to the big gun fight. After all this time and Gruden pulled the plug.

I was looking forward to it as well. Everyone knows that RG3 is going down the pan and that Luck is by far the superior QB, but I really wanted it to be televised and for Luck to just CRUSH him...

I don't know what has happened with Robert Griffin The Turd.  I used to like him quite a bit in his rookie year, now I'm just scratching my head at the guy.

He was never good. He was a gimmick QB who came in at a time when the league didn't know how to defend the running QB. He played in a baby offense his rookie year, with plays directly from his college playbook. Then the league figured out the running QB, got tape on him, and everything was exposed. He has glaring character and mechanical flaws that have been present since he was at Baylor. His health issues have even been around as long as well. Everything is just finally in the light now.

In a season or two we'll be having the same discussion about Johnny Manziel when he's getting benched or being traded.

He was never good. He was a gimmick QB who came in at a time when the league didn't know how to defend the running QB. He played in a baby offense his rookie year, with plays directly from his college playbook. Then the league figured out the running QB, got tape on him, and everything was exposed. He has glaring character and mechanical flaws that have been present since he was at Baylor. His health issues have even been around as long as well. Everything is just finally in the light now.

In a season or two we'll be having the same discussion about Johnny Manziel when he's getting benched or being traded.

"He played in a baby offense his rookie year".........Luck has his offense coordinator from college and much of what he did in college Pep has done now. I don't see where you think Griffin has character issues unless Im missing a quote but.....

“All of the sacks are on me. Period. We’re 3-7, and everybody in this room knows that, and everybody in that locker room knows that. We can’t do what 3-7 football teams do. We can’t throw knives and stab each other in the back. I think we have good people in our locker room, men of God that are going to stick together and stay strong. So when you ask me that question, and I say all of the sacks are on me, it’s because I’m looking myself in the mirror and saying, I can do better. I have to do better. I need every man in that locker room, players and coaches, to look themselves in the mirror and say, ‘What can I do better?’”

......That knife quote simply means in my opinion they cant keep playing apart and that they all have to get on the same page and that they cant start placing blame on each other....Several of the sacks are not on him as well.....That O Line is garbage pass blocking wise and there was an instance I saw that 2 wr's ran to the same spot. He cant plant his back foot consistently without an O Lineman getting beat and at least one defender in his face. Do I think he has the long way to go? Yes, He should also be more willing to scramble more under pressure and he did miss a wr off in the right flat vs the Bucs but also in that game a wr bobbled the ball which led to a pick that wasn't on him

Just my opinions based on what I saw of him

Soft defensively? Maybe before this year you could definitely call us soft, but not any more. We have some fully grown men in that front seven. Our rushing numbers are dead middle of the pack ranked at number 16 in the league, but that is a far cry better than years past where we were pretty much always ranked from somewhere around 26th to dead last.... Oh and by the way, coming off a game where we gave up only 80 yards rushing to the entire opposing team... Yeah it was only the Jags, but in years past we have made the Jags rushing attack look like it was commanded by Edgerin James for gods sake.... This front seven isnt as soft as people think it is.

It doesn't really matter to me that they are slightly better statistically because the eye test doesn't lie.  The debacle against the Patriots pretty much said it all to me.  The defensive line was punched in the mouth and then curled up into the fetal position against their bully & nemesis...not rival.  This defensive line got dominated in similar fashion as they have for the past decade plus.  It didn't matter that the Colts are now the heaviest team in the league.  They still got moved around reminiscent of the days of the Cover 2 and in strikingly similar manner to their playoff exit in Foxboro last year.  They remain soft  until proven otherwise against elite competition...not against the likes of the Jags and the other perennial AFC South softies. They may be better than recent Colts defensive fronts but that isn't saying much.  They are still too soft in my opinion...just paper soft as opposed to cotton soft.

I was looking forward to it as well. Everyone knows that RG3 is going down the pan and that Luck is by far the superior QB, but I really wanted it to be televised and for Luck to just CRUSH him...

Or Luck could have lost and breathed new life into the dying debate.  Luck does commit a lot of turnovers you know.  But I agree he has proven to be vastly superior to RG3.  Still you never know how a game will unfold on any given Sunday.  Let's just hope he can get the better of Colt McCoy and the Colts can get the "W" today. 

This was one of the four games that I really wanted the Colts to win when the schedule came out (for personal reasons).  The other two games played thus far were Pittsburgh (uncle's team) & Patriots (despise them).  Thus far...Colts are 0-2 in such games and didn't bother showing up.   The fourth such matchup is the Cowboys (annoying fan base).  Hopefully, my Colts will finally win a game today that really matters...to ME.  lol 

He's got the yips is really the only thing to say only 4 qb's in history have dropped so far in performance none ever recovered .

i don't thinks it's the yips as much as teams figured him out. He would break the pocket and run wild so teams started hitting him and hitting him hard and his body couldn't hold up to that so he had to stay in the pocket and become more of a traditional QB and that was never what made RG3 special. That was what many who perfered Luck over RG3 to start with pointed too. They were concerned if RG3 could hold up physically. The answer has simply been no and if he can't run wild and has to beat you like a pocket passer he's very average.

Just a reminder............

For anyone who thinks today should be a pushover simply because we're facing a back-up quarterback,  don't forget this.......

In his limited work this year,  Colt McCoy is 36 of 42.       That's just 6 misses in 42 attempts.

That's 6 out of 7 six times in a row....    

We're talking 85.7 percent!    (I know, I know,  you were promised there would be no math today!    Sorry!)

Bottom line:   The guy can play and I hope we bring our game today.    This time of year,  teams have a habit of rallying around the back-up....  and one gets the feeling the Skins will do that just to show that benching RG3 was the right idea.

I do not expect an easy day today.    I'll be thrilled if it happens,  but surprised too.     Today could get tough!

"He played in a baby offense his rookie year".........Luck has his offense coordinator from college and much of what he did in college Pep has done now. I don't see where you think Griffin has character issues unless Im missing a quote but.....

“All of the sacks are on me. Period. We’re 3-7, and everybody in this room knows that, and everybody in that locker room knows that. We can’t do what 3-7 football teams do. We can’t throw knives and stab each other in the back. I think we have good people in our locker room, men of God that are going to stick together and stay strong. So when you ask me that question, and I say all of the sacks are on me, it’s because I’m looking myself in the mirror and saying, I can do better. I have to do better. I need every man in that locker room, players and coaches, to look themselves in the mirror and say, ‘What can I do better?’”

......That knife quote simply means in my opinion they cant keep playing apart and that they all have to get on the same page and that they cant start placing blame on each other....Several of the sacks are not on him as well.....That O Line is garbage pass blocking wise and there was an instance I saw that 2 wr's ran to the same spot. He cant plant his back foot consistently without an O Lineman getting beat and at least one defender in his face. Do I think he has the long way to go? Yes, He should also be more willing to scramble more under pressure and he did miss a wr off in the right flat vs the Bucs but also in that game a wr bobbled the ball which led to a pick that wasn't on him

Just my opinions based on what I saw of him

1. I'm not sure you get what I'm saying. RGIII didn't play in a "real" NFL offense. It was designed around his athletic ability and gimmick plays. A lot of it had him operating out of the pistol. Luck is playing in an NFL offense because it's a somewhat traditional West Coast offense, despite Pep being his OC. Let's not forget he played under Arians as well. RGIII was still playing like a college QB his rookie year. No one "figures out" a real NFL QB.

2. He has clear character flaws. Last year all he did was throw other people under the bus. On the field and off. He's insecure and at times, egocentric. That quote is him just trying to not get the media to jump down his throat like they did last season (rightfully so) when he called people out. People have called him out on his antics before. Like his arm band things, which prompted him to make a lengthy reply on Twitter. Again, he's insecure. I could go into further details about this, because there are countless examples.

-How he overthrows receivers and then he'll stand there in amazement like he can't believe they didn't catch it

-How he over exaggerates every hit he takes and will sometimes lie motionless face down as if it's the hardest hit he's ever took

-Always quick to say this is "his" team, yet hasn't been voted captain since.