Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seattle (+1) @ SF (11-27-14)

oldunclemark

1. Kaepernick sucks. He's just not good. There have been so many flash-in-the-pan, young QBs these past few years, and so many of them have now (IMO) fallen from their perch. Kap, RGIII, Cam Newton... the Colts really got it right with Luck. 

2. Richard Sherman is making me hate him. 

3. Harbaugh is just about done in SF. If he does end up at Michigan, I don't think it'll be for very long. An NFL team will come calling pretty soon. 

1. Kaepernick sucks. He's just not good. There have been so many flash-in-the-pan, young QBs these past few years, and so many of them have now (IMO) fallen from their perch. Kap, RGIII, Cam Newton... the Colts really got it right with Luck. 

3. Harbaugh is just about done in SF. If he does end up at Michigan, I don't think it'll be for very long. An NFL team will come calling pretty soon. 

You left out Tim Tebow, he's not even in the league anymore.

Cardinals hopes for their division hinges on that Eagles-Seahawks game, IMO.

If the Cardinals beat the Falcons, Chiefs and the 49ers in one of their matchups (which is possible the way the 49ers offense is playing), it is realistic that they end up with a 12-4 record losing to the 49ers and Seahawks once. The key is the Seahawks getting their 5th loss, that gives ample breathing room for the Cardinals in the division.

I still think the Eagles' O-line is playing well, and if they manage Mark Sanchez's throws, the Eagles can beat the Seahawks in a close game.

Eagles and Packers hopes for HFA in the NFC boils down to which home team can seize the win in the Packers-Patriots or Eagles-Seahawks matchup. Eagles have a better chance, IMO.

I haven't been on the Kaep hatewagon. Just because a guy isn't Peyton Manning, it doesn't mean he worthless. Kaep is a tough young quarterback who has won a ton of games like this that traditional quarterbacks have lost...by a bunch.

But he was BAD tonight.

Heck the Seahawks look like they were just bored, not just Sherman lol! It's like they were amped for the big opener and have been asleep until crunch time.

Myself, I don't hate Kaep.  But I think I'm decent at spotting when someone gets overhyped by the media.  The thing about him, and RG3, is that in all of the evaluations I've heard, NONE HAVE EVER talked about how quick, or slow, their release of the ball is.

Dan Marino had maybe the quickest release of any QB in the NFL.  Its something that is constantly judged by talent evaluators.

Seriously, both Kaep and RG3 look like baseball pitchers and have a long wind up before they throw.  Its really noticeable.  Yet, curiously, I have never heard the media evaluate them on their release speed, but rather their running speed, as well as arm strength.  I haven't noticed Wilson's release, so that tells me its probably more like the speed of a normal NFL QB.

How silent the media is about either QBs release strikes me as very odd, since it was listening to the media traditionally evaluate QBs is how I came to learn about it in the first place.

That Seattle defense looked like it was in SB form. That is scary for the rest of the NFC. The offense struggles most of the time but that defense now that it is getting healthier is looking pretty good. When they are playing fast and down hill they are pretty hard to beat. You have to beat them up at the LOS if your going to win. Thats how STL and KC and DAL beat them. Run the ball down their throat and blow up the LOS. 49ers didn't get very good pressure on Wilson...you have to stay in your lanes and push them back in his face and collapse down on him. 49ers just aren't that good imo....their OL hasn't been able to get off the ball or protect and their secondary is no where near as good as it used to be.

Watch out but Seattle will probably still get #1 seed.

Myself, I don't hate Kaep. But I think I'm decent at spotting when someone gets overhyped by the media. The thing about him, and RG3, is that in all of the evaluations I've heard, NONE HAVE EVER talked about how quick, or slow, their release of the ball is.

Dan Marino had maybe the quickest release of any QB in the NFL. Its something that is constantly judged by talent evaluators.

Seriously, both Kaep and RG3 look like baseball pitchers and have a long wind up before they throw. Its really noticeable. Yet, curiously, I have never heard the media evaluate them on their release speed, but rather their running speed, as well as arm strength. I haven't noticed Wilson's release, so that tells me its probably more like the speed of a normal NFL QB.

How silent the media is about either QBs release strikes me as very odd, since it was listening to the media traditionally evaluate QBs is how I came to learn about it in the first place.

That's his only bad quality though, and he's better than RGIII on his worst day...even as his worst day is fresh in everyone's minds lol!

Myself, I don't hate Kaep.  But I think I'm decent at spotting when someone gets overhyped by the media.  The thing about him, and RG3, is that in all of the evaluations I've heard, NONE HAVE EVER talked about how quick, or slow, their release of the ball is.

Dan Marino had maybe the quickest release of any QB in the NFL.  Its something that is constantly judged by talent evaluators.

Seriously, both Kaep and RG3 look like baseball pitchers and have a long wind up before they throw.  Its really noticeable.  Yet, curiously, I have never heard the media evaluate them on their release speed, but rather their running speed, as well as arm strength.  I haven't noticed Wilson's release, so that tells me its probably more like the speed of a normal NFL QB.

didn't think of that but you're sure right. Just saw a clip of Kap.- yep baseball wind up lol

Completely agree with point 2. I love his game but just can't stand him.

Well he may be a hot dog on the field (every sports has them) but he sure comes across like he actually got something out of college which is more than you can say for most of them. At first everyone thought he was a thug till they heard him speak off the field in interviews.

He's AOK  in my book

didn't think of that but you're sure right. Just saw a clip of Kap.- yep baseball wind up lol

Yup...and reportedly comes off of his first read to run.  A combination that suggests a lack of NFL caliber QB talent actually.

Its amazing that the smart ex-QB analysts on ESPN never mention either kaep's or RG3's release...like some order from above came down and told them they couldn't talk about it.

Well he may be a hot dog on the field (every sports has them) but he sure comes across like he actually got something out of college which is more than you can say for most of them. At first everyone thought he was a thug till they heard him speak off the field in interviews.

He's AOK  in my book

I think his constant degrading of his opponents is what irks me. I don't mind confidence, bravado, some dog dogging but he takes it to a new level. Granted, he has the game for the most part to back it up but his lack of sportsmanship is nauseating. To me anyways.

Fran Tarkenton

Well, I had to watch Sir Francis growing up in Chicago I had to watch NFC Central games and yes he could almost be comical avoiding defenses and some of his artful dodgery is classic but Wilson seems to do it at will as if he has six eyes.

I never liked the "Sir Francis" nickname, maybe because it was usually coming from the loudmouth Howard Cosell.

I'm telling you watching Wilson play he reminds me of a young Drew Brees. He moves so so well in the pocket....always eyes down field. He doesn't have the accuracy of a veteren Brees nor the offense around him that Payton provides Brees but I think in a couple years the comparison will be uncanny. I love Luck as our qb..he has some flaws but he doesn't lack heart nor skill really...just experience. If I would be forced to have any other young qb (not a Manning or Brady) I would love me some Russell Wilson. I have nothing to criticize the kid about. That said he would get killed behind our line though...so glad we got Luck.

Funny that Fran comes up here. He's the ultimate big mouthed jerk.

There's something about Sherman that makes him different that the others from his mold. He backs every bit of it up and it's not just with what he happened to be born with. He has no problem laying licks. Also, everything that comes out of his mouth is a product of the desire to win and some of his opponents need to learn to take it as well as they dish it out.

Funny that Fran comes up here. He's the ultimate big mouthed jerk.

There's something about Sherman that makes him different that the others from his mold. He backs every bit of it up and it's not just with what he happened to be born with. He has no problem laying licks. Also, everything that comes out of his mouth is a product of the desire to win and some of his opponents need to learn to take it as well as they dish it out.

Except when he does not play well like earlier this season vs the Chargers and leaves the locker room before the media has a chance to speak with him ... he is the classic big mouth buffoon when he wins and then sheepishly disappears when he does not. So no, he is from the same mold as the others behind him.

Except when he does not play well like earlier this season vs the Chargers and leaves the locker room before the media has a chance to speak with him ... he is the classic big mouth buffoon when he wins and then sheepishly disappears when he does not. So no, he is from the same mold as the others behind him.

It's not up to players to wait on the media in the lockerroom wth