Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts practiced outside today.

RockThatBlue

What advantage would it provide? The Pats are used to playing in the cold and snow. Plus it removes the advantage of having the roof closed, in terms of loudness. I've been to games with the roof open and closed, and it's distinctly louder when the roof is closed. I am guessing like another poster said, it was for later in the season...

The article says that it was just the special teams portion of practice that was outside. Practice was then moved inside.

Misleading post.

The roof should be closed there is supposed to be 1-2 inches of snow in Indy by midnight Sunday.

You're probably right FC. But TBH with you, as a diehard Colts fan, I sincerely hope that Pagano & Grigson are forcing us to play outside more. The franchises I respect the most can kick caboose under any conditions: Rain, snow, wind, ice, & fog. 

I want INDY to break this false finesse misconception that the Colts need a controlled environment to win Playoff games. No, I'm not slamming Peyton Manning BTW. I'm just saying we can dominate any team anywhere regardless of what mother nature unleashes. 

Football was made to played outside & if this coaching staff has us prepared for every possible circumstance that makes me happy & helps INDY out in the longrun. 

We only have 2 more outside games.   December 7th at Browns & December 17th at Titans.

Ah the Titans, when was the last time they were a competitive franchise? 1999 & 2006 when QB Vince Young was rookie of the year I think. If INDY loses to Dallas, stomping Ken Wisenhunt's team should cheer me up. 

Yeah, I know that's not good sportsmanship on my part, but that's how I truly feel. A nice scrimmage game for INDY away from home right? LOL! Okay, maybe I'm being cruel. Truthful, but a little cruel. 

You're probably right FC. But TBH with you, as a diehard Colts fan, I sincerely hope that Pagano & Grigson are forcing us to play outside more. The franchises I respect the most can kick caboose under any conditions: Rain, snow, wind, ice, & fog. 

I want INDY to break this false finesse misconception that the Colts need a controlled environment to win Playoff games. No, I'm not slamming Peyton Manning BTW. I'm just saying we can dominate any team anywhere regardless of what mother nature unleashes. 

Football was made to played outside & if this coaching staff has us prepared for every possible circumstance that makes me happy & helps INDY out in the longrun. 

I read Kevin Bowens status update story on this site about practice. 

I agree with practicing outside if we have an outside game that week, but why try to play in cold weather if you dont have to. Luck and Co. are all young healthy men for the most part and I dont think the cold really matters to those young arms. I understand the ball is harder and all that just not so excited about being outside over inside. Once you started playing when you were younger did you feel the cold or any of the elements? I never did.