Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nice little article on Robert Mathis

backshoulderfade

http://www.wthr.com/story/27344288/2014/11/10/tonight-at-11pm-one-on-one-with-robert-mathis

It's a good read. It seems his year has had a lot of ups and downs but he is an absolute warrior.

I know he reads the forums from time to time so hopefully he can see our immense support for him as a player, but more importantly as a human being.

I never cared what any of the critics speculated about Robert Mathis with his suspension. He`s a great football player and a greater human being. I`ve followed him on Twitter and he was the first "famous" person to ever answer one of my questions I posed to him on Twitter. He took the time. Mathis plays with that same urgency, a "this could be my last play" mentality and he always has from day one. Among my favorite all time favorite Colts players. Can`t count the times watching a Colts game I`ve caught myself thinking, praying, "ok Robert, we need a big play, a tomahawk strip sack" and he delivered. Great post and thanks for sharing Hirst

I never cared what any of the critics speculated about Robert Mathis with his suspension. He`s a great football player and a greater human being. I`ve followed him on Twitter and he was the first "famous" person to ever answer one of my questions I posed to him on Twitter. He took the time. Mathis plays with that same urgency, a "this could be my last play" mentality and he always has from day one. Among my favorite all time favorite Colts players. Can`t count the times watching a Colts game I`ve caught myself thinking, praying, "ok Robert, we need a big play, a tomahawk strip sack" and he delivered. Great post and thanks for sharing Hirst

That was the best thing about Robert last season. It wasn't that he led the league in sacks, it's that he made plays when the team needed them most.

While it's definitely a serious injury, guys have come back in less than a year. I think Suggs tore his and was back in less than 6 months.

Not everyone is the same, obviously.

coming back and being able to play and coming back and playing at a high lv is not the same. Sluggs is more of a power/finesse type Mathis is all speed and he most likely lost two steps due to this.