Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF ReFo: Colts @ Giants, Week 9

ColtsLegacy

None of those numbers surprise me.  Ayers made Louis and Harrison look like high schoolers out there.  I knew VD had a great game but 4 of 12 targets for 49 yards is a great game.

Newsome looked good all game, User Werner to replace Walden and Newsome to replace Mathis and the Colts have their OLBs for the next few years.

Others not mentioned.

Kerr made a couple of nice plays but also got pushed around quite a bit.  Brown looked good on the last drive by the Giants but played pretty poorly most of the game.  Bradshaw had a good game (would be great if not for a couple of dropped passes) TRich played well as usual.

AC, Mewhort and GC all played well.  Harrison and LL were bad.

Luck's number is a bit higher than I would have thought but as bad as his 1st 1-1/2 quarters were, his second half was that good.

None of those numbers surprise me.  Ayers made Louis and Harrison look like high schoolers out there.  I knew VD had a great game but 4 of 12 targets for 49 yards is a great game.

Newsome looked good all game, User Werner to replace Walden and Newsome to replace Mathis and the Colts have their OLBs for the next few years.

Others not mentioned.

Kerr made a couple of nice plays but also got pushed around quite a bit.  Brown looked good on the last drive by the Giants but played pretty poorly most of the game.  Bradshaw had a good game (would be great if not for a couple of dropped passes) TRich played well as usual.

Luck's number is a bit higher than I would have thought but as bad as his 1st 1-1/2 quarters were, his second half was that good.

Kerr: +2.0 overall, +1.7 run, +0.2 pass rush

Sergio: +2.4 overall, -0.3 run, +2.8 pass

Bradshaw: +1 overall

Richardson: -0.2 overall

AC: +0.6 overall, +2.0 pass, -1.7 run

Mewhort: -2.5 overall, -2.0 pass block, +0.3 run

GC: +1.1 overall, +.5 pass, +.3 run

LL: -4.0 overall, -6.5 pass block, +1.8 run

Harrison: -4.9 overall, -3.3 pass, -1.2 run

Luck is 10th for QBs. He was in the top 5 but he dropped since he hasn't graded well the last 3 weeks.

I for one don't really get how PFF grades QBs and CBs but that's just me. Tend to disagree on those two positions the most regarding their grades of them

Others not mentioned.

I agree with you on a lot, but I don't see how you feel Mewhort had a good game. He got beat pretty bad a few times in pass protection. Ayers had his way with a lot of our linemen though.

Andrew Luck is on a historic pace yet I wonder if his cumulative PFF grade is even in the top 15 of QBs?

Meh, that's why I take PFF with a grain of salt. I guarantee they would have graded john elway low if they were around back then.

Kerr: +2.0 overall, +1.7 run, +0.2 pass rush

Sergio: +2.4 overall, -0.3 run, +2.8 pass

Bradshaw: +1 overall

Richardson: -0.2 overall

AC: +0.6 overall, +2.0 pass, -1.7 run

Mewhort: -2.5 overall, -2.0 pass block, +0.3 run

GC: +1.1 overall, +.5 pass, +.3 run

LL: -4.0 overall, -6.5 pass block, +1.8 run

Harrison: -4.9 overall, -3.3 pass, -1.2 run

Do you need to be a member to get these stats?  I see the summary page for the game, but can't find these stats.  Also, what's the scale they use?  

I agree with you on a lot, but I don't see how you feel Mewhort had a good game. He got beat pretty bad a few times in pass protection. Ayers had his way with a lot of our linemen though.

I counted two times he got beat in pass protection, and one penalty run blocking he did well in limited opportunities.  That is why I think he had a good game.

Time after time the pressure up the middle came from LL and Harrison.

I knew VD had a great game but 4 of 12 targets for 49 yards is a great game.

My favorite part about VD is  that every pass he's allowed this season, he is on the guy already -- I don't think he gave up more than 2-3 yards after catch on those 4 receptions that were caught.  I couldn't figure out why in the world they continued to go after him throughout the game.

Do you need to be a member to get these stats? I see the summary page for the game, but can't find these stats. Also, what's the scale they use?

Yes, you need to be a member. $20 a year, I believe.

They grade every play by every player on a scale of -2 to +2 using 0.5 intervals and in the end they get a cumulative score. They break down their grading with great detail here: https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/grading/

Yes, you need to be a member. $20 a year, I believe.

They grade every play by every player on a scale of -2 to +2 using 0.5 intervals and in the end they get a cumulative score. They break down their grading with great detail here: https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/grading

First, thanks for paying and sharing!   :thmup:

I read the breakdown, but what I'm wondering is what is considered a good score.  According to them, 0 means you're an average NFL player.  So what would be considered horrible to all-pro?  Like some type of scale.  +10 is an A, -10 is an F, that sort of thing.

First, thanks for paying and sharing! :thmup:

I read the breakdown, but what I'm wondering is what is considered a good score. According to them, 0 means you're an average NFL player. So what would be considered horrible to all-pro? Like some type of scale. +10 is an A, -10 is an F, that sort of thing.

Anything over +1.0 for a game is considered a "green score" or good score and anything below -1.0 for a game is a "red score" or poor score. They add up the scores over the season and you can see where guys stack up.

A guy like JJ Watt scored a +99.8 overall last year while Corey Redding score +9.8 overall for the year. Redding's score was quite good, where as Watt's score is that of the best defensive player in football. The next best 3-4 DE after Watt scored a 34.1 (Calais Campbell).

It's easier to understand if you could browse the grades yourself.