3) 2007 regular season

4) 2003 regular season

5) 2013 regular season

6) 2009 regular season

7) 2005 regular season

8) 2013 AFCCG

9) 2001 first game

10) 2004 Divisional playoff game

Thanks Yehoodi. I hope NFL Network re-airs it. Definitely must see TV. 

1) 2006 AFCCG

2) 2003 AFCCG

3) 2007 regular season

4) 2003 regular season

5) 2013 regular season

6) 2009 regular season

7) 2005 regular season

8) 2013 AFCCG

9) 2001 first game

I think the top 10 should be:

1) 2006 AFCCG

2) 2003 AFCCG

3) 2009 regular season (4th & 2 game, swapped with 2007 regular season)

4) 2003 regular season

5) 2013 regular season

6) 2007 regular season

7) 2005 regular season

8) 2013 AFCCG

9) 2001 first game

The 4th & 2 game was way more exciting and entertaining and kept folks on the edge with its drama than the win on their way to a 16-0 season, might have been the only time both Peyton and Brady were undefeated going into their regular season matchup, maybe that is why some writers voted for it???

The 2005 regular season game where Peyton put up 40 pts is meh, a 40-21 blowout, I would replace it with the 2006 regular season game with the Colts winning 27-20. It had more people on the edge with Marvin's tip-toe circus catch being a highlight moment and Pats fans booing Peyton's Sprint commercials on their stadium big screen :).

I think the top 10 should be:

1) 2006 AFCCG

2) 2003 AFCCG

3) 2009 regular season (4th & 2 game, swapped with 2007 regular season)

4) 2003 regular season

5) 2013 regular season

6) 2007 regular season

7) 2005 regular season

8) 2013 AFCCG

9) 2001 first game

The 4th & 2 game was way more exciting and entertaining and kept folks on the edge with its drama than the win on their way to a 16-0 season, might have been the only time both Peyton and Brady were undefeated going into their regular season matchup, maybe that is why some writers voted for it???

The 2005 regular season game where Peyton put up 40 pts is meh, a 40-21 blowout, I would replace it with the 2006 regular season game with the Colts winning 27-20. It had more people on the edge with Marvin's tip-toe circus catch being a highlight moment and Pats fans booing Peyton's Sprint commercials on their stadium big screen :).

4&2 game #3?  Really?  Other than the 4&2 call I really can not remember that game as being anything special . . . if the pats punt and the colts come down and win (or lose) not sure what the hoopla is about the game . . . the trouble with the game is that it was likely our weakest team of the decade, the 2009 version and we really should not have even been in the game with the colts going for 16-0 . . .indeed it was not that much different than the 2010 game where the pats were up and the colts came back in the same manner and we made the play in the end to seal the deal with a pick of Peyton . . . the two games were essentially the same and most kind of forget the 2010 game . . . and is why for me, I am not big on the game outside the whole 4th&2 hoopla . . .  

As for 2007 that has to be the highest raided regular season game . . . both teams were solid and both undefeated at that time, the deepest point in the regular season history that two undefeated teams met in the regular season, the colts were the defending SB champs, had all the drama, playing in indy, one team leading the other coming back, came down to the last possessions for each team and so on . . . the buzz before that game was bigger than any other regular season game in the series and it brought all the drama as any of them . . . so it had it all . . .  

as for 2005 I think it was put in there as it was the first time Peyton had beaten the Pats and it was the only real blowout of the series . . .

4&2 game #3?  Really?  Other than the 4&2 call I really can not remember that game as being anything special . . .

It was pretty awesome from where I sat.....  ;)

My favorite is the 2005 "changing of the guard" game, as I call it. We went into Gillette and rofl-stomped the Pats. 

You could put a whole list of wins for NE if you really wanted to. Really it didn't become a rivalry until 2005....after the Colts broke through the games really got tighter and much much more competitive. The early years Peyton had no answer for that defense and Brady and the Pats really owned us....kinda still do. Fact is the Pats have generally had more well rounded teams...and especially early on...those games in Foxboro in the playoffs....it isn't just Peyton thats not going in there and winning...nobody is. Once Peyton started figuring out Belichecks schemes and some of those stars started leaving like Mcginnist and Harrison...Peyton has played decent since then.....Brady has had his way with the Colts and Broncos...neither have had anything near a fearsome defense most years they have played. Cover 2....thats like giving points to Brady or Manning...and Denver and Del Rio doesn't scare most.

Interesting thing I just heard on the radio...

Brady's last win on the road against a Manning team was 2007 in Indy.

Manning's last win in Foxboro was in 2006.

Both of those... long time. Our recent discussion in another thread about seeding and home field comes to mind. So critical to get the home playoff games...

It was pretty awesome from where I sat.....  ;)

My favorite is the 2005 "changing of the guard" game, as I call it. We went into Gillette and rofl-stomped the Pats. 

I am sure it was a cool from where you sat . . . :thmup:  . . . I am sure all of the games where awesome from a given perspective . . .

Yah and that 2005 regular season game was a good one too . . .

Both of those... long time. Our recent discussion in another thread about seeding and home field comes to mind. So critical to get the home playoff games...

yes each team has held serve at home for a long time now . . . time will tell if that will break . . .

You could put a whole list of wins for NE if you really wanted to. Really it didn't become a rivalry until 2005....after the Colts broke through the games really got tighter and much much more competitive. The early years Peyton had no answer for that defense and Brady and the Pats really owned us....kinda still do. Fact is the Pats have generally had more well rounded teams...and especially early on...those games in Foxboro in the playoffs....it isn't just Peyton thats not going in there and winning...nobody is. Once Peyton started figuring out Belichecks schemes and some of those stars started leaving like Mcginnist and Harrison...Peyton has played decent since then.....Brady has had his way with the Colts and Broncos...neither have had anything near a fearsome defense most years they have played. Cover 2....thats like giving points to Brady or Manning...and Denver and Del Rio doesn't scare most.

Actually Brady had a tough time against Denver for most of his career until the Tebow era in Denver . . . both Denver and Miami give Brady fits . . .

1) 2006 AFCCG

2) 2003 AFCCG

3) 2007 regular season

4) 2003 regular season

5) 2013 regular season

6) 2009 regular season

7) 2005 regular season

8) 2013 AFCCG

9) 2001 first game

Seeing that list makes me have cold sweats about TY Law actually & Troy Brown. Yeah I know, it's supposed to be a rivalry between QBs, but seeing that list reminds of those 2 NE weapons which cost INDY 2 more SB runs.

Sorry for going off script there & not following the rules, but it's accurate. LOL! I can laugh about it now. Well, sort of. Law & Brown were phenomenal players. I gotta give them their props.  :thmup:

My favorite was the Willie McGinest goal line stop in Indy. Great game all around. Tons of scoring and back and forth.

Yah that 2003 regular season game was great too . . . we thought we had it, the colts came back . . . we thought we lost Willie McGinest for the game and even more, then he comes back in plays later and makes a tackle playing on one leg . . . great stuff . . .  

Seeing that list makes me have cold sweats about TY Law actually & Troy Brown. Yeah I know, it's supposed to be a rivalry between QBs, but seeing that list reminds of those 2 NE weapons which cost INDY 2 more SB runs. 

I hear yah . . .

Well we pats fan too have missed SB runs too with the 2006 AFCCG being one of them . . . neither team can win them all . . .

Yah that 2003 regular season game was great too . . . we thought we had it, the colts came back . . . we thought we lost Willie McGinest for the game and even more, then he comes back in plays later and makes a tackle playing on one leg . . . great stuff . . .  

Yeah that stop was pretty epic....couldn't believe Edge couldn't bust through. Great game.

I hear yah . . .

Well we pats fan too have missed SB runs too with the 2006 AFCCG being one of them . . . neither team can win them all . . .

Thanks. I appreciate that. Colts/ Pats is the best rivalry in football because both squads are experienced in high pressure situations & both sides know the slightest mistake will be pounced on literally. 

Fans like to jump on the Steelers/Ravens bloodbath confrontation. Not me. I am always fascinated with the Brady/Manning now Luck psychological chess match. Nothing else like it. 

I did tape this program on my DVR this morning, but I haven't watched it yet. Once I do, I will return to this thread with my commentary. 

This is why I respect you Yehoodi:  "Both Denver and Miami give Brady fits." You are honest about your QB's weaknesses or temporary stumbling blocks. 

Let me return the favor: Manning can't admit publicly when he has a horrible game. See the Seattle SB press conference & Luck can't throw multiple picks vs NE & expect to win. Gotta reduce the turnovers because NE will make INDY pay with TDs not FGs. Book it. 

This is a pet peeve of mine too: When a QB stinks up the joint & has an off night, HOF caliber or not, say I played poorly tonight not we. Own it. Do that & I respect you & give you an enormous benefit of the doubt. Hide behind word play games like we & I'm calling you out. 

Yes, I know football is a team driven sport, but every position can be broken down individually quarter by quarter I don't care who you are or how many years you have played. End rant. 

1 horrible game performance will not tank or tarnish an illustrious HOF career. I wish Peyton Manning could grasp this fundamental point. He's a 1st ballot yellow jacket QB. Just please be honest & stop pretending that the wheels didn't fall off when everybody knows they did. You look foolish playing this card. I'm just saying.  

I did tape this program on my DVR this morning, but I haven't watched it yet. Once I do, I will return to this thread with my commentary. 

This is why I respect you Yehoodi:  "Both Denver and Miami give Brady fits." You are honest about your QB's weaknesses or temporary stumbling blocks. 

Let me return the favor: Manning can't admit publicly when he has a horrible game. See the Seattle SB press conference & Luck can't throw multiple picks vs NE & expect to win. Gotta reduce the turnovers because NE will make INDY pay with TDs not FGs. Book it. 

This is a pet peeve of mine too: When a QB stinks up the joint & has an off night, HOF caliber or not, say I played poorly tonight not we. Own it. Do that & I respect you & give you an enormous benefit of the doubt. Hide behind word play games like we & I'm calling you out. 

Yes, I know football is a team driven sport, but every position can be broken down individually quarter by quarter I don't care who you are or how many years you have played. End rant. 

1 horrible game performance will not tank or tarnish an illustrious HOF career. I wish Peyton Manning could grasp this fundamental point. He's a 1st ballot yellow jacket QB. Just please be honest & stop pretending that the wheels didn't fall off when everybody knows they did. You look foolish playing this card. I'm just saying.  

Generally, if you get something bad out in the open immediately, it tends to be forgotten quickly, but deny the obvious & the situation tends to haunt you forever. It's what I have learned in life anyway. 

You mean the hype games between the two QB's that haven't won a Super Bowl in 8 years now?

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

I respect Drew Brees too & even you'd have to admit that the Saints haven't been back to the Promiseland since 2009; a 5 year drought themselves. Getting to the Big Dance isn't easy as you know. 

You mean the hype games between the two QB's that haven't won a Super Bowl in 8 years now?

The New England Patriots, Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos have not won a Super Bowl in 8 years, no.

Those QB's aren't half bad, though.  Call me crazy but it's almost like they're a pair of the best players at that position every season for over a decade.

So true...That No.1 seed is gold

..and for Denver..to sit in the mile high air and wait for the teams to come there in janjuary and try to catch their breath..

such an advantage

For all the arguing, teasing, comparing, contrasting, debating, declaring, stat-citing, measuring, analyzing, surveying, posturing, and and quarreling...

We're all very lucky to have been football fans in this era. This game, their 16th head-to-head, represents the most games played against each other among any QB pairs with at least 150 NFL starts. They have more career TDs between them than any other match-up, and they reset that record every time they play. These guys are responsible for seven MVP awards, four Super Bowl titles, have appeared in another four combined, and countless records and milestones. 

Everyone's going to have "their guy." But any football fan would be foolish to deny that watching these two for the past 15 or so years has been pretty special. 

Okay, I just sat down & watched the Top 10 Brady vs Manning TV Special. Here are my overall impressions...

--I laughed my caboose off when the Boston commentator called the 2004 Divisional playoff game the "Peyton locked his keys in the car snow game with his arms in the air out of frustration." That imagery is very vivid & funny.

--I also laughed hysterically at the classification of the 2009 regular season game as not 4th & 2, but "4th & Jack caboose." TBH, that bobbled catch by RB Kevin Faulk could have gone either way zebra wise. 

--Originally, I wanted the 2013 AFCCG to be ranked higher, but after thinking about it more, I figured 8 is the right spot since the Broncos SB performance that season was nothing to write home about & needs to be forgotten. 

--2006 AFC Championship Game: Peyton's crowning achievement that ends with a ring. Makes me miss the RCA Dome for nostalgic purposes actually. This bums me out though because 18 should have more than just 1 ring. Yeah, it's selfish & stupid I know, but rings plural matter to me darn it. Sigh...

Manning will play in 1 more SB before he retires, will he cross the finish line a second time? There was a time when I would have said absolutely. Now, my position has shifted from complete certainty to maybe, but not without a reliable running game at his disposal. Wow, I never thought I'd say that outloud, but the days of Manning carrying a team on his shoulders exclusively alone are over now. 

I want him to win a 2nd ring. I really do. But the defense must step up in the Playoffs & Peyton's gotta just sling the ball with confidence & play to win the darn game with calculated risks & not to lose. There's a huge difference in the mindset there. JMO. And stop sitting on the bench with your helmet on like a kid banished to the corner when your team is down on the scoreboard please. It drives me nuts. Yeah I know, your dad Archie probably taught you to lose with dignity & grace. I get that. But, a defeated body language doesn't inspire your teammates man. I know your capable of incredible comebacks in the regular season, but why is there such a large gulf in the post season? Can you be hypnotized in the playoffs to think that your team is playing a regular season game for the AFC West Crown? That might do wonders for you Peyton. I'm just saying.

The program itself did have a Patriots slant to it with more Boston based radio guys & comedians in it than Indianapolis commentators in it. It's okay. It didn't bother me that much. I will give the Boston fellas credit for saying Peyton has a better comic persona than Tom does, which is true. Brady's got a SB model wife & 3 rings. Manning's got 1 ring & he's the pimp of endorsement deals & corporate advertisers love him. Brady wins the hardware angle & Manning wins the comedian/money angle. It's all good & rosey in the end for both QBs. 

They may not have won it in 8 years now, but they've played in half of 'em. That alone is impressive...and as southwest said, it's not easy getting to the big game, let alone winning it.