Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonotthan Harrison (Mega Merge)

MTC

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will slowly progress as the season moves on.. By this time next year he will probably be in beast mode. A few times I caught him running down field and throwing blocks..which is always something I look for.

I think he's progressing faster than we fans expected.  Pagano made a good call on putting him in there to work out the kinks - glad he doesn't read this forum for advice.  Harrison played against some very good DTs yesterday and did fine.

What about this scenario:  Mewhort replaces Cherilus at RT in a few years.  Harrison develops as a center.  Hugh Thornton improves.  Holmes becomes the left guard.  Costanzo-Holmes-Harrison-Thornton-Mewhort.  I think it is plausible enough to keep Holmes around to see if he can do it.  If not, maybe Donald Thomas can come back. 

What about this scenario:  Mewhort replaces Cherilus at RT in a few years.  Harrison develops as a center.  Hugh Thornton improves.  Holmes becomes the left guard.  Costanzo-Holmes-Harrison-Thornton-Mewhort.  I think it is plausible enough to keep Holmes around to see if he can do it.  If not, maybe Donald Thomas can come back. 

Personally, I think Mewhort has a lot of good trades but he is too slow footed and too slow off the snap to play tackle in the NFL.  It could happen but he would have to work very hard on his lower body agility to make the move to tackle.

It took him a couple of games to clean up the rookie mistakes and the rookie jitters....Because HE'S STILL A ROOKIE!!  But  we got our first game without the bad snap or missed snap count, Jon Harrison still did his job which is to be a MONSTER in the middle of our OL,   And that wasn't some cheap DL he held up against. That Bengals front is as good as any! I'm proud of our UDFA Center, I think he's a keeper.