Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Victor Butler

Godeepreggie

Thanks, just want to know what stance has been most effective for him.

Not so much his stance that's been the answer but his motor

His sacks have mostly come after the QB had time then moved around and BAM! There's Werner

I really believe Robert Mathis is behind this revamped pass rush we're seeing in Indy

First Baltimore witnessed it..... Then Houston

Cincinnati is next

Robert as a coach was the best thing we could ask for next to Marvin Harrison being a coach

I do believe in the Robert Mathis influence when it comes to the pass rush, but I think it's primarily due to all the statue quarterbacks we have played lately.  If not that then the receiving corps haven't been that good so we've been able to do a lot of blitzing without worrying about getting burnt that much. I'd be interested to see if we can continue to keep blitzing like this in the Bengals game.  They've got a decent mixture of everything as far as the offensive line, wrs, somewhat mobile quarterback, and good running game.

Don't get me wrong because I do feel like we will beat them, however I would like to see how much we can rely on the blitz in this one.  I'm still of the school of thought that we need to get better with the 4 man pressures to complement our ability to blitz. 

His sacks have mostly come after the QB had time then moved around and BAM! There's Werner

I really believe Robert Mathis is behind this revamped pass rush we're seeing in Indy

Cincinnati is next

Robert as a coach was the best thing we could ask for next to Marvin Harrison being a coach

I was thinking the same thing.. It's kind of funny that as soon as Mathis returns to the team, Werner starts making plays..

I was thinking the same thing.. It's kind of funny that as soon as Mathis returns to the team, Werner starts making plays..

Coach Mathis :clap:

Injury to him was what we needed in terms of uncovering/forcing guys to step up

Newsome, Kerr (Becoming a solid player IMO), Freaky Jean, Walden, Werner, Redding & DQ Jackson have all stepped up in the pass rush department

We're just missing Arthur Jones and moving McNary to OLB to make this even better

And having Sergio in has transformed this defense IMO

Him & Adams on the safety blitzes have been beautiful

Newsome, Kerr (Becoming a solid player IMO), Freaky Jean, Walden, Werner, Redding & DQ Jackson have all stepped up in the pass rush department

We're just missing Arthur Jones and moving McNary to OLB to make this even better

Couldn't agree more and having guys step up now is only going to benefit our defense in the long run..

Nicely put

Cincinnati is next

Mathis is behind it.

With him out we are keeping teams in 3rd and long much more often, just as i posted here a number of times before the season started, that would happen.

He played way to many plays on 1st down in his career.

Victor Butler is an OLB for Colts, since early October:

http://www.nfl.com/player/victorbutler/80725/profile

Edit: I wonder when he would see the turf. He seems more like a depth player to me.

He was behind a couple very good players in Dallas, but did well when in. Of course, that was a lifetime ago in football years.

We seem to have a few guys now that can rush the passer in Werner, Newsome, and Walden. Can never have too many.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but we've found a certain Darius Butler at this time of the year (on September 26th).

That was a unique situation.  Former second round pick that had failed to reach full potential with 2 previous teams that was given one final chance with our coaches, and developed into one of the better Nickel CB's in the league under the tutelage of Pagano, whose specialty has been DB coaching.  

If there was a pass rusher out there in FA in a similar situation then I'm sure Grigson would have found him.

Which actually, Victor Butler could be that guy.  He played in a lot of games with Dallas but looks like he rarely cracked the starting lineup.  You never know, Victor Butler could be our next Darius Butler.  I'm sure there were people who said Darius would be nothing more than a depth player when he was signed. ;)

That was a unique situation.  Former second round pick that had failed to reach full potential with 2 previous teams that was given one final chance with our coaches, and developed into one of the better Nickel CB's in the league under the tutelage of Pagano, whose specialty has been DB coaching.  

If there was a pass rusher out there in FA in a similar situation then I'm sure Grigson would have found him.

Which actually, Victor Butler could be that guy.  He played in a lot of games with Dallas but looks like he rarely cracked the starting lineup.  You never know, Victor Butler could be our next Darius Butler.  I'm sure there were people who said Darius would be nothing more than a depth player when he was signed. ;)

Nomen est omen...we may have an other 'diamond in the rough' type player. Butler became a 'ball-magnet', who knows...V.Butler can be the 'sack machine'. :-))))