Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets vs San Diego

amfootball

Anybody saying Donald Brown only ran hard last year due to contract year is full of s---! He is still a hard running explosive back, and again nowhere to run. Good stiff arm and changing ball from one side to the other. Would love to see him run behind a decent run blocking line. The Chargers aint it 

Anybody saying Donald Brown only ran hard last year due to contract year is full of s---! He is still a hard running explosive back, and again nowhere to run. Good stiff arm and changing ball from one side to the other. Would love to see him run behind a decent run blocking line. The Chargers aint it

One thing he sure is still, is injury prone.

Still he's looked like his usual self this season. Not sure what would be surprising.

I'm not sure if the Jets aren't becoming my new favourite for the #1 pick next year... I can see the Jags improving to win a game or 4. The Jets seem to be in a terminal dive. 

The only saving grace might be the Raiders. 

Gotta toss the Pats in there to 1 play away from loosing the Raiders they are so bad .

It's all they got and they are paying him $5 mil. lol.

Pretty sure they paid Sanchez even more than that.

Oh Jets. You so silly.

Also Vick is not worse than Geno. I'll take an injury prone hasbeen over a never will be. Smith never deserved a starting QB job in the NFL. He is atrocious.

I was watching behind time so couldn't come in on the thread - painful win in the  number of guys hurt today.  Geesh... really, our 4th center in 5 games.  We started the game with twice the number of guys injured than the Jets and our bye week isn't until Nov 9.  I about had a coronary when Rivers came out to keep playing after losing center #3, then they pulled him out to get a standing O.  

Really pleased with our defenses play and heck, the whole team.  

They do have a lot of injuries but they play at Oakland next..

...and you might call that easy

So many injured backs and linemen and still.. 31-0

Yeah, but if there's any team we could lose to, Oakland might be it - the old divisional rivalry.  But so far this year, we have played to a high level no matter the opponent (we've had a history of playing down to the competition and losing games we should have won).

Yeah, but if there's any team we could lose to, Oakland might be it - the old divisional rivalry.  But so far this year, we have played to a high level no matter the opponent (we've had a history of playing down to the competition and losing games we should have won).

Chargers just act like they expect to win..they have that attitude...I know they're crippled up on offense..

...but Rivers is just so confident....you do not get that feeling when you watch Alex and KC

Injury prone? Is it his fault he was nearly "clothes lined" and head removed from his body? He was coming on strong up to that play.

So Austin Collie isn't injury prone, despite the fact that it wasn't his fault he kept getting hit in the head?

Brown hasn't proven in his career that he can be an every down back. This isn't his first injury. Not sure why you're acting so incredulous.

Coming on strong really? 2.9 yards a carry gets Trent berated on the regular around here. 13 of his 26 yards coming off one carry. Not exactly setting the world on fire.

So Austin Collie isn't injury prone, despite the fact that it wasn't his fault he kept getting hit in the head?

Brown hasn't proven in his career that he can be an every down back. This isn't his first injury. Not sure why you're acting so incredulous.

Coming on strong really? 2.9 yards a carry gets Trent berated on the regular around here. 13 of his 26 yards coming off one carry. Not exactly setting the world on fire.

True but no fumbles and he picks up the blitz...ask the SD folks

True but no fumbles and he picks up the blitz...ask the SD folks

I will take a contribution like Bradshaws, and a fumble. Compared to what Brown is doing for the Chargers any day.

Ask.....any folks.

It's weird though. I haven't seen you posting how good of a game Trent had because he picked up the blitz and no fumbles.....

Really wouldn't matter who you are with Collie`s injuries, those were vicious shots he took. Very unfortunate.  Did you watch the game?  I cant argue he`s ever proven to be an every down back, nor against being his first injury. So like when he was with the Colts lets erase the big run and evaluate him with what`s left over to prove your point? The picture being painted on the Colts portion of the forum was that Donald Brown only ran hard and had success last year because it was a "contract year", that I disagree with. This was the first game I got to see him play in this year.He still looked fast and ran hard, not somebody "just going through the motions" and in it just for the money. That is all.