Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne fined.

PeprunrunrunPunt

yoga pants/leggings

But even then they banned the girls at my school from wearing those or at least tried to ban them cause they're "distractions" to us guys

haha

Then they should allow the girls decide what's too distracting in male attire. I'm sure they would have a lot to say about that

yoga pants/leggings

But even then they banned the girls at my school from wearing those or at least tried to ban them cause they're "distractions" to us guys

haha

In the mid 1980's when I was in high school, spandex shorts were all the fad. Now....this form fitting, snug attire had a similar effect on both male and female ...*ahem..."features". The lighter colors were practically transparent. When you can read the washing instructions on your classmates underwear from 10 feet away, there might be a problem. 

So, to your point, boys aren't wearing Yoga pants, and I would hope the rule you mentioned only stipulated that NOBODY could wear them, not just females. 

Also, tight fitting clothing like Yoga pants/spandex.....just as much a distraction to the teachers as it is to the students. They are human, after all. 

I've been posting about this "Roger Goodell needs to be fired" stuff all the time. Hearing of this penalty isn't anything new. Roger Goodell once fined RGIII and Brian Urlacher for wearing clothes that violated clothing policy. The only thing new is it's applying to one of OUR players, not to mention a future HoF'er.

I've been posting about this "Roger Goodell needs to be fired" stuff all the time. Hearing of this penalty isn't anything new. Roger Goodell once fined RGIII and Brian Urlacher for wearing clothes that violated clothing policy. The only thing new is it's applying to one of OUR players, not to mention a future HoF'er.

Those policies came before goodell. You know that, right?

Those policies came before goodell. You know that, right?

Some of them, but Goodell's time saw the emergence of a number of new penalties and fines. He has abused the system. I'm sure Jimmy Graham agrees with the goalpost dunking. But what would I know, they're a non-profit organization.

Some of them, but Goodell's time saw the emergence of a number of new penalties and fines. He has abused the system. I'm sure Jimmy Graham agrees with the goalpost dunking. But what would I know, they're a non-profit organization.

How has he abused the system?

How has he abused the system?

Are you defending Roger Goodell? Not sure how anyone could defend that guy, but to each his own.

As for how he is abusing the system, have you been living under a rock the past few weeks? I'd be more curious to know he ISN'T abusing the system. Now you even have this coming out about penalties. It's getting out of control.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-referees-association--league-saying-calls-are-wrong-when-they-re-correct-211024522.html

So much for "protecting the shield."

The overreaction to and defensiveness about the fine is both ridiculous and amusing. 

You all are really mad about him being fined for violating the uniform rules? I for one support strict uniform rules. It's like the PED policy: black and white and doesn't allow for subjective interpretation. Without the strict rules, players would be pushing the limit constantly and it would turn into subjectively stating this is OK, this is not. They already push the limits but under the current rules, there is a clear line that draws a fine. 

Are you defending Roger Goodell? Not sure how anyone could defend that guy, but to each his own.

As for how he is abusing the system, have you been living under a rock the past few weeks? I'd be more curious to know he ISN'T abusing the system. Now you even have this coming out about penalties. It's getting out of control.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-referees-association--league-saying-calls-are-wrong-when-they-re-correct-211024522.html

So much for "protecting the shield."

I'm not defending him but I don't get the witch hunt for him either. This Reggie pants thing is simply a case of him enforcing a league rule. In no way is that abusing the system.

From the sounds of your posts it's like you think he sits in his little office at the top of his dark castle doing the finger pyramid of evil contemplation trying to figure out every possible way he can ruin the game of football. Do you think he alone came up with all the new rules and penalties like the no dunking rule? Have you by chance heard of the owners meetings that happen every off season to discuss rule changes.

You act like he's some evil dictator but there are commitees, owners, the players association etc.

yoga pants/leggings

haha

I don't know TK. It just depends on what region a guy finds most distracting. Not all males are mesmerized by legs or big cabooses aim higher...You all knew I was referring to a photogenic face right? Yeah, let's go with that PC answer shall we. Just kidding! 

The overreaction to and defensiveness about the fine is both ridiculous and amusing. 

You all are really mad about him being fined for violating the uniform rules? I for one support strict uniform rules. It's like the PED policy: black and white and doesn't allow for subjective interpretation. Without the strict rules, players would be pushing the limit constantly and it would turn into subjectively stating this is OK, this is not. They already push the limits but under the current rules, there is a clear line that draws a fine. 

I somewhat disagree with this. I'm not typically a fan of black and white, no tolerance policies. They're lazy and often times over applied. Case in point...on one side of the coin we have an important issue in PED use. PEDs are cheating. Players using PEDs are not setting a good example to those that look up to them. Use them without approval, even without nefarious reasoning (e.g. Robert Mathis), and you get punished. This makes sense. This is a good use of a no tolerance policy. However, then we get no tolerance "your pants are too short" policies. This is obviously some pencil pusher sitting around either trying to find ways to make a little extra money for the league and/or professionalize a sport where guys smash their bodies into each other and end up tearing their uniforms anyway. Good use vs bad use.

However, rules are rules and Reggie broke them so show them the money. 

P.S. No disrespect for pencil pushers. Their jobs are important too.

I somewhat disagree with this. I'm not typically a fan of black and white, no tolerance policies. They're lazy and often times over applied. Case in point...on one side of the coin we have an important issue in PED use. PEDs are cheating. Players using PEDs are not setting a good example to those that look up to them. Use them without approval, even without nefarious reasoning (e.g. Robert Mathis), and you get punished. This makes sense. This is a good use of a no tolerance policy. However, then we get no tolerance "your pants are too short" policies. This is obviously some pencil pusher sitting around either trying to find ways to make a little extra money for the league and/or professionalize a sport where guys smash their bodies into each other and end up tearing their uniforms anyway. Good use vs bad use.

However, rules are rules and Reggie broke them so show them the money.

P.S. No disrespect for pencil pushers. Their jobs are important too.

The league doesn't make extra money when a player gets fined. The money goes to various charitable causes. Certainly not into Goodell 's wallet.