Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we get a little love for Greg Toler?!?

NewColtsFan

I think Toler is every bit as talented as Vontae. He is way more physical and makes better plays on the ball than Davis. I swear everyone has to chime in with a negative comment these days. Yes, he draws more PI penalties because Vontae is a little quicker and can cover a bit better. Therefore Greg Toler gets thrown at more. Don't get me wrong Vontae is great, I just think Toler is underrated. IF GT could keep his hands to himself I think he would be a top tier corner.

Toler, while good, isn't on Vontae's level, nor is he really close. Toler see's more targets because he's the easier one to pick on. I believe through 3 games Vontae has seen 7 or 8 targets and only had 2 completed on him that I'm aware of. The guy is shutting his side down, however Toler has given up a few plays here and there. Again, Toler has been good and he compliments Vontae well, but he's a ways behind Vontae.

Toler, while good, isn't on Vontae's level, nor is he really close. Toler see's more targets because he's the easier one to pick on. I believe through 3 games Vontae has seen 7 or 8 targets and only had 2 completed on him that I'm aware of. The guy is shutting his side down, however Toler has given up a few plays here and there. Again, Toler has been good and he compliments Vontae well, but he's a ways behind Vontae.

Coverage wise Davis is a step ahead, but being able to make plays on the ball ie INT's and jump ball deflections I think Toler is a little better, because of his size.  Vontae can make get INT's (as we saw yesterday) but Toler makes acrobatic catches and can return.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything bad about Vontae, I just think Greg should get recognized more than he does... The training camp practice I went to this summer GT picked off Luck 3x in one practice!

To the OP i would say lollygagger8 & Luck12-to-Wayne87 sum it up very well. While it was a great INT he still continues to get PI. He needs to keep his hands to himself, which may take some time. He gets burnt, which often leads to him reaching out and grabbing the opposing WR. He can be very good at times.

You realize that every cb gets called for PI now, right? The rules are garbage. Either the receiver catches the ball, or the flag gets thrown.

Georgia Satellites said it best.....don't hand me no lines, and keep your hands to yourself! 

:lol:  haha  lmao  Way to make me laugh & pull out a good music reference man. You have a gift for that you know...Good football analysis, a wide catalog of great song tracks, & a healthy dose of sarcasm. Nice! 

I like Toler. He's always making his presence known & knocking away balls. He just keeps improving every week. 

You realize that every cb gets called for PI now, right? The rules are garbage. Either the receiver catches the ball, or the flag gets thrown.

I should have said Illegal Contact, not PI. The rules are are garbage, I agree. I've never seen worse officiating,as a whole, in the NFL.