Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants @ Lions

Superman

Eli has two rings yet isn't even on the same planet as peyton or Brees. Granted when he was good he had a GREAT ol and running game.... And great pass rushing defense to keep him in the game long enough to make a play. Now he is all on his own. He has no ol and no running game. I feel bad he is stuck back there... But he makes some bad decisions. Looks like he is a rookie again and they had to bring Kurt Warner in. I think he would be better off getting traded. He needs something....bad team and it isn't going to turn around in a season or two. Maybe go to Minnesota who has a run game or the jets who have a defense. Whatever I think it's time for giants and him to part ways and see if he can start over somewhere and they can rebuild. I'm sure a team like Houston would trade their first for him or Tennessee. He still has a lot of talent but he tries to make too many plays and is having to play from behind too much. Giants aren't going anywhere with or without him. That said a 9-7 giants team won the sb so they will probably always think they have a shot.

Eli has two rings yet isn't even on the same planet as peyton or Brees. Granted when he was good he had a GREAT ol and running game.... And great pass rushing defense to keep him in the game long enough to make a play. Now he is all on his own. He has no ol and no running game. I feel bad he is stuck back there... But he makes some bad decisions. Looks like he is a rookie again and they had to bring Kurt Warner in. I think he would be better off getting traded. He needs something....bad team and it isn't going to turn around in a season or two. Maybe go to Minnesota who has a run game or the jets who have a defense. Whatever I think it's time for giants and him to part ways and see if he can start over somewhere and they can rebuild.

I think going to Minnesota would be great for him. He'll have Patterson, Jennings, Peterson, a decent O-line and not a lot of defense being played in the division going off of the last few years.

I;d like to see Seattle vs. Detroit..

....just for the matchups

Seattle would crush Detroit, don't be fooled by them dominating a non-competitive opponent.

Seattle's defense is good enough to cover the other recievers and rush Stafford enough to double Johnson, and their o line is good enough combined with the mobility of Wilson to slow the Detroit front 7.

If Detroit had a better secondary to make Wilson dance for longer, it might be more interesting, but as it stands, Seattle is on paper just a hard counter to Detroit.

Pretty much. The front is a monster.

If Suh doesn't loose it, and stomp on anyone... or get suspended again they have a great front line. I don't think they are the Lions of ol'. The offense is much improve, and not just Calvin Johnson anymore. They are a team I think will be playoff bound for sure. Coach Caldwell might even manage to smile for once.

Eli has two rings yet isn't even on the same planet as peyton or Brees. Granted when he was good he had a GREAT ol and running game.... And great pass rushing defense to keep him in the game long enough to make a play. Now he is all on his own. He has no ol and no running game. I feel bad he is stuck back there... But he makes some bad decisions. Looks like he is a rookie again and they had to bring Kurt Warner in. I think he would be better off getting traded. He needs something....bad team and it isn't going to turn around in a season or two. Maybe go to Minnesota who has a run game or the jets who have a defense. Whatever I think it's time for giants and him to part ways and see if he can start over somewhere and they can rebuild. I'm sure a team like Houston would trade their first for him or Tennessee. He still has a lot of talent but he tries to make too many plays and is having to play from behind too much. Giants aren't going anywhere with or without him. That said a 9-7 giants team won the sb so they will probably always think they have a shot.

I almost always agree with you but not this time. :) I want no part of Eli Manning. He is not too much better than what we have. If we have to sit Matt Cassel, I and almost all Vikings fans I know want Bridgewater to start.

I believe the Giants would win more games now if they started Ryan Nassib. But, the Giants will not sit Manning.

I almost always agree with you but not this time. :) I want no part of Eli Manning. He is not too much better than what we have. If we have to sit Matt Cassel, I and almost all Vikings fans I know want Bridgewater to start.

I believe the Giants would win more games now if they started Ryan Nassib. But, the Giants will not sit Manning.

i understand. He's an upgrade over casserole for sure. Bridgewater is great now. All rookie backups are until their warts show up. Time will tell. What I was really saying is that Eli on a solid team that just a need a qb would be sb form IMO.

Edit: auto correct on cassell lol.. Maybe it auto corrected right. Lol

i understand. He's an upgrade over casserole for sure. Bridgewater is great now. All rookie backups are until their warts show up. Time will tell. What I was really saying is that Eli on a solid team that just a need a qb would be sb form IMO.

Edit: auto correct on cassell lol.. Maybe it auto corrected right. Lol

Lol. "Casserole" is our QB.

Regarding Eli, I get your point -- he may play much better on a team with a stronger O-line and more talent at the skill positions. However, I have never been a fan of Eli's game. He throws too many INTs and makes too many poor decisions. Geno Smith got a lot of criticism in NY/NJ for his poor play in his rookie year in 2013. Eli may have been worse but because he has two SB rings, his awful play is often dismissed.

As for the Vikes, we have a young team. I do not want to bring in a veteran QB unless it is a Philip Rivers or Matt Ryan, neither of whom is going anywhere. I would prefer starting the rookie than Cassel, but I trust our coaching staff to make the right decisions. It is Cassel for now.

Lol. "Casserole" is our QB.

Regarding Eli, I get your point -- he may play much better on a team with a stronger O-line and more talent at the skill positions. However, I have never been a fan of Eli's game. He throws too many INTs and makes too many poor decisions. Geno Smith got a lot of criticism in NY/NJ for his poor play in his rookie year in 2013. Eli may have been worse but because he has two SB rings, his awful play is often dismissed.

As for the Vikes, we have a young team. I do not want to bring in a veteran QB unless it is a Philip Rivers or Matt Ryan, neither of whom is going anywhere. I would prefer starting the rookie than Cassel, but I trust our coaching staff to make the right decisions. It is Cassel for now.

no problem with that at all. I think Eli isn't that far off being a really good qb but he is gun shy now. Think rivers a couple years ago. Bridgewater will be your qb but he hasn't mastered the offense. Once he can make all the plays and doesn't limit the play book he will be in. Oc is a good one... He needs to have the whole play book to work with... And that will benefit AP. Big test this week with NE.

no problem with that at all. I think Eli isn't that far off being a really good qb but he is gun shy now. Think rivers a couple years ago. Bridgewater will be your qb but he hasn't mastered the offense. Once he can make all the plays and doesn't limit the play book he will be in. Oc is a good one... He needs to have the whole play book to work with... And that will benefit AP. Big test this week with NE.

Thanks. Yes, it is a big test next week. The Pats will be better than they were this past Sunday.

I have to check Rivers' numbers from a couple of years ago but I don't believe they were as bad as some of Eli's.

You always make very thoughtful comments. I was looking for your post on the Ray Rice thread.

Thanks. Yes, it is a big test next week. The Pats will be better than they were this past Sunday.

I have to check Rivers' numbers from a couple of years ago but I don't believe they were as bad as some of Eli's.

You always make very thoughtful comments. I was looking for your post on the Ray Rice thread.

yeah somebody said that NE always comes back from a loss and takes it out on the next team and he was right. Scary thought playing NE after a loss.

Not much I could add to that. I didn't need a video to know it was handled poorly to begin with. I haven't even been in that thread. I will probably read something and bust a blood vessel lol. Sorry maybe I'll check it later.

yeah somebody said that NE always comes back from a loss and takes it out on the next team and he was right. Scary thought playing NE after a loss.

Not much I could add to that. I didn't need a video to know it was handled poorly to begin with. I haven't even been in that thread. I will probably read something and bust a blood vessel lol. Sorry maybe I'll check it later.

Yeah, I hear you. Some posts are incredibly disturbing.

Well, the Pats are reportedly something like 13-1 after their last 14 losses. I will hope for the best.

Eli is terrible. What the heck happened to him

Eli was a product of a great team the middle of his career when he was winning. Well, if you call 10-6 and 9-7 seasons winning. If you look at the beginning of his career and the last three seasons, you can see the type of QB he really is when he does not have a great D around him. I do think he lost confidence somewhere back in 2012 and never got it back though as he has been particularly horrible for the last two seasons and now into this season.

Detroit is going to kick major butt this year. Their front 4 can really bring the pressure, Fairley needs to get better conditioning, but I am sure he will get there. Also the linebackers look great! They are going to dominate this division this year, I don't see GB or Chicago doing much this year.