Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can I Official Say...

Girlzarefanstoo

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to pick a fight..and I'm sure you've listened to your share of post game interviews but listen to some more of Rivers and I think you will hear the difference...he really is a different cat.

I've seen phil flip off and cuss at fans in the dome. I'll never be a fan of that guy

WOW...never once witnessed that...I must say honestly I've never seen that from the guy..never. Thats very surprising.

Google it. And the cameras didn't catch all of it. i had a pretty good view of the whole thing. Now full disclosure,the fans were mocking him for being hurt and going to the locker room. But nothing like he would have endured in other cities

I've seen phil flip off and cuss at fans in the dome. I'll never be a fan of that guy

Did not happen.  Just didn't.  I'll give people the benefit of the doubt that they THINK that's what happened but it didn't.  He said, "Don't worry, I'll be back!"  With a smile.  He never cusses - EVER, let alone give any crude gestures.  He's a family man and does nothing he wouldn't want his kids and yours to be able to watch.

Seriously, he is such a 50s throwback.  But, I understand opposing fans not knowing that about him and misinterpreting or assuming what is being said.  After that year it never happened again because he learned his lesson.

Now trash talk on the field to other players (in good fun) absolutely.  Again, never a bad word or nasty comment.   

Did not happen. Just didn't. I'll give people the benefit of the doubt that they THINK that's what happened but it didn't. He said, "Don't worry, I'll be back!" With a smile. He never cusses - EVER, let alone give any crude gestures. He's a family man and does nothing he wouldn't want his kids and yours to be able to watch.

ok

Eyewitness testimony isn't always accurate, though the individual giving it can fully believe they are telling everything that happened.    

However, I really don't care what you choose to believe.  Not worth arguing about.  I just know you have his character completely wrong.  But in the end this is sports, it doesn't take being rational to form our opinions about teams or players :-)   

Is Eli really Romo-esque though? Eli's just been outright bad the last couple years, especially last. Romo and Rivers have actually been pretty good to great at times. But both imo have the tendency to make a bad play in th 4th quarter when they're winning (and have usually just played brilliantly), when no play was really needed at the time. They'll commit a huge mental mistake that just has you scratching your head and it costs the team the win. That's what Romo-esque means to me.

I don't know, man when I see either Tony... or Eli take the field I see trouble for their own teams. Tony will make flat out bad plays with guys wide open on the other side of the field, and Eli will try to force passes in places with no room while others are open too. So in that aspect they are a lot alike.

Is Eli really Romo-esque though? Eli's just been outright bad the last couple years, especially last. Romo and Rivers have actually been pretty good to great at times. But both imo have the tendency to make a bad play in th 4th quarter when they're winning (and have usually just played brilliantly), when no play was really needed at the time. They'll commit a huge mental mistake that just has you scratching your head and it costs the team the win. That's what Romo-esque means to me.

Romo is a MUCH better QB than Eli. Eli like you said is just plain bad. Romo can be great at times but does have the knack for the big mistake at the end. Eli's is not in position to make a mistake at the end as his bad play has already cost the Giants the game by the time the fourth quarter rolls around.

I would take Rivers over both Romo and Eli.