Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here!

Alright, I'm trying to hold onto first place in my league here and thanks to Bradshaw's untimely broken fibula I've got an open spot on my team. Here are my options:

Shane Vereen vs GB, V. Jackson vs Cincy, K. Allen or Malcom Floyd vs Baltimore, John Brown vs Atlanta, Andrew Hawkins vs Buffalo, or Jarvis Landry vs NY Jets.

Andrew Hawkins has been pretty solid lately, but I'm afraid Gordon is going to hog all of the fun...or maybe he'll open things up for him. New England's rbs are ridiculously hard to predict. I've been burnt with Vereen multiple times. If Fitz is out then Brown might be money. 

Also, I'm in a keeper league and I've got an open spot for stashing someone. I've been thinking Davante Adams, but John Brown and Christine Michael are sitting around as well. Other?

Thanks!

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'm trying to hold onto first place in my league here and thanks to Bradshaw's untimely broken fibula I've got an open spot on my team. Here are my options:

Shane Vereen vs GB, V. Jackson vs Cincy, K. Allen or Malcom Floyd vs Baltimore, John Brown vs Atlanta, Andrew Hawkins vs Buffalo, or Jarvis Landry vs NY Jets.

Andrew Hawkins has been pretty solid lately, but I'm afraid Gordon is going to hog all of the fun...or maybe he'll open things up for him. New England's rbs are ridiculously hard to predict. I've been burnt with Vereen multiple times. If Fitz is out then Brown might be money.

Also, I'm in a keeper league and I've got an open spot for stashing someone. I've been thinking Davante Adams, but John Brown and Christine Michael are sitting around as well. Other?

Thanks!

Hawkins or brown. Hawkins still got points last game. if anything I think teams will see that Gordon is for sure a threat and will demand better coverage, leaving hawkins with better opportunities.

Locked in for the playoffs... but always like moving up the ladder.

Red is who I am leaning to.

WR (Need to start 2)

Dez Bryant vs. Eagles

ODell Beckham @ Jags

Randall Cobb vs. Patriots

Josh Gordon @ Bills

Mike Evans vs. Bengals

RB (Need to start 2)

Lesean McCoy vs. Cowboys

Justin Forsett vs. Chargers

CJ Anderson @ Chiefs

Rashad Jennings @ Jags

Gio Bernard @ Bucs

Mark Ingram @ Steelers

Flex (need to start 1 from above)

Torn on flex... leaning towards CJ Anderson or Rashad Jennings

WR (Need to start 2)

Dez Bryant vs. Eagles

ODell Beckham @ Jags

Josh Gordon @ Bills

Mike Evans vs. Bengals

RB (Need to start 2)

Lesean McCoy vs. Cowboys

CJ Anderson @ Chiefs

Rashad Jennings @ Jags

Gio Bernard @ Bucs

Mark Ingram @ Steelers

Gordon or Evans for Flex. Anderson is tempting but I think the broncos will lose that game.

Colts D/ST vs Was. Or Eagles D/ST @Dal.

Andrew Hawkins @Buf or Martavis Bryant vs NO

Colts D/ST definitely given the Redskin's OL issues and the Colts' D being at home vs the Cowboys solid/stellar OL and the Eagles being on the road

Martavis Bryant, no doubt. Browns are still a running team and Hawkins might get some yards but Martavis gets TDs more often. 

WR (Need to start 2)

Dez Bryant vs. Eagles

ODell Beckham @ Jags

Josh Gordon @ Bills

Mike Evans vs. Bengals

RB (Need to start 2)

Lesean McCoy vs. Cowboys

CJ Anderson @ Chiefs

Rashad Jennings @ Jags

Gio Bernard @ Bucs

Mark Ingram @ Steelers

To be honest, the Cowboys are better vs RBs running between the tackles than defending RBs that catch. In the Eagles offense, McCoy does not catch many balls, that honor goes to Darren Sproles. I'd bench McCoy if you have better options because it seems you do.

I'd play Justin Forsett and C.J.Anderson (because Peyton throws a LOT to him lately and no Hillman/Ball back for the Chiefs game). For Flex, the matchup vs the Bengals is brutal for Mike Evans. However, it is hard to bench him given his streak.

Boy, this is very difficult. I'm almost tempted to go with Rashad Jennings for flex here because there will be enough attention to OBJ that Rashad will benefit from and he gets high volume touches too, much like C.J.Anderson right now. Mike Evans is doing so well that it is like asking you to bench a stud. Others are free to disagree on this part and provide their thoughts.

Must win to get into playoff scenario:

League 1:

WRs: Randall Cobb, OBJ, Percy Harvin, Mike Evans

RBs: C.J.Anderson, Rashad Jennings, Jerrick McKinnon, Shane Vereen

League 2:

WRs: Randall Cobb, Julio Jones, Torrey Smith, Kenny Stills

RBs: Lamar Miller, Justin Forsett, Shane Vereen, Trent Richardson

The bolded are the ones I am leaning towards (2 RBs, 2 WRs, FLEX). 

In League 2, the reason I am leaning towards Vereen is that my gut tells me that Gray and Blount will be stopped enough that Brady will be throwing more. NE RBs take turns in producing, it seems like and this game feels like a Vereen game to me and my other options do not seem as stellar right now for the FLEX.

Thoughts???

Must win to get into playoff scenario:

League 1:

WRs: Randall Cobb, OBJ, Percy Harvin, Mike Evans

RBs: C.J.Anderson, Rashad Jennings, Jerrick McKinnon, Shane Vereen

League 2:

WRs: Randall Cobb, Julio Jones, Torrey Smith, Kenny Stills

RBs: Lamar Miller, Justin Forsett, Shane Vereen, Trent Richardson

The bolded are the ones I am leaning towards (2 RBs, 2 WRs, FLEX).

In League 2, the reason I am leaning towards Vereen is that my gut tells me that Gray and Blount will be stopped enough that Brady will be throwing more. NE RBs take turns in producing, it seems like and this game feels like a Vereen game to me and my other options do not seem as stellar right now for the FLEX.

Thoughts???

Honestly that RB situation in NE is just to dicey for me. I think Trent will score about the same as last game, 10-15 points.

In League one you have about the best play possible.

Honestly that RB situation in NE is just to dicey for me. I think Trent will score about the same as last game, 10-15 points.

In League one you have about the best play possible.

This is where my gut tells me that Trent, who does not hit the hole fast enough is TD dependent to get double digit points. Redskins are a difficult matchup on the DL vs our OL to run on them.  Plus, Herron looked good to me.

However, if the Packers score points, Vereen will be out there more often, I feel, giving me the same production as Trent. I am going with my gut here and going with Vereen. 

Giants D at Jags

or

Rams D vs Raiders

or

Colts D vs Redskins???

This league rewards me for return yardage (1 pt. for every 50 yards) and I feel the Rams, with their aggressive penchant to score defensive TDs and good return game, have a better chance for a TD scored. But then, the Jaguars are offensively inept. The only thing that keeps me putting the Giants' D is their run D that the Jags can exploit to keep a low turnover low risk game.

Thoughts???

Colts D/ST definitely given the Redskin's OL issues and the Colts' D being at home vs the Cowboys solid/stellar OL and the Eagles being on the road

Martavis Bryant, no doubt. Browns are still a running team and Hawkins might get some yards but Martavis gets TDs more often.

How about colts D or the Browns D @Buf

How about colts D or the Browns D @Buf

I have watched Orton stink it up but when he stinks it up, he short arms it for incompletions more than throwing it up for grabs. He does not take chances. He overthrows or short arms his throws and gets rid of the ball quick. RG3 has one read and if that does not work, he runs around and tries to do something more and takes sacks, Orton does not. In the TNF game at Miami that Orton lost 9-22, Miami got only about 10 points in FF because Orton, as little as he scored, did not take too many sacks and did not have an INT even while trailing.

That is why I feel Colts' D. The ceiling is higher. How about answering my question above on the 3 Ds?

Giants D at Jags

or

Rams D vs Raiders

or

Colts D vs Redskins???

This league rewards me for return yardage (1 pt. for every 50 yards) and I feel the Rams, with their aggressive penchant to score defensive TDs and good return game, have a better chance for a TD scored. But then, the Jaguars are offensively inept. The only thing that keeps me putting the Giants' D is their run D that the Jags can exploit to keep a low turnover low risk game.

Thoughts???

You know with cribbs in that is a plus for the Colts. I forgot about that. My league gives 1 pt for every 25 yards in punt and kick returns.

I think the fishes will get two turnovers but I doubt any td's. I'm not so sure on their pass rush.

I day teams or Colts because colts ability on returns.

To be honest, the Cowboys are better vs RBs running between the tackles than defending RBs that catch. In the Eagles offense, McCoy does not catch many balls, that honor goes to Darren Sproles. I'd bench McCoy if you have better options because it seems you do.

I'd play Justin Forsett and C.J.Anderson (because Peyton throws a LOT to him lately and no Hillman/Ball back for the Chiefs game). For Flex, the matchup vs the Bengals is brutal for Mike Evans. However, it is hard to bench him given his streak.

Boy, this is very difficult. I'm almost tempted to go with Rashad Jennings for flex here because there will be enough attention to OBJ that Rashad will benefit from and he gets high volume touches too, much like C.J.Anderson right now. Mike Evans is doing so well that it is like asking you to bench a stud. Others are free to disagree on this part and provide their thoughts.

I am considering benching Shady. It is just so hard to do so. I am locked into the playoffs, so it doesnt really matter either way honestly.

For some reason, I have a hard time starting a WR at the flex spot over a #1 RB.

I think I am going with Forsett, CJ Anderson at RB and Rashad Jennings at flex.

Giants D at Jags

or

Rams D vs Raiders

or

Colts D vs Redskins???

Thoughts???

Don't don't know what happened with that last answer. Rams or Colts

I hope you don't sit jordy. If anyone score points on that team it will be him.

im going with gordon. they held cal to 58 yards, aj to 40 before revis left the game for a little bit, shut down ty for 28 yards I believe, marshall to 35, d thomas had a 127, but that was because revis was on j.thomas

im going with gordon. they held cal to 58 yards, aj to 40 before revis left the game for a little bit, shut down ty for 28 yards I believe, marshall to 35, d thomas had a 127, but that was because revis was on j.thomas

I have Randall Cobb and Julio Jones in a league and the Revis & Arizona Cardinals matchup for those 2 scares me. Revis has normally taken on the #2 wideout - Wayne, Golden Tate and this time it is Randall Cobb :(

My other WRs are Torrey Smith and Kenny Stills. Not sure if I should play one of them instead of the above 2. Both Yahoo and ESPN have them (Cobb and Julio) ranked well above Torrey Smith and Kenny Stills, probably for the reason that they are most likely to get the QB's look while in the red zone. I guess I will go with Cobb and Julio if that is what the experts say.

Thoughts???

I have Randall Cobb and Julio Jones in a league and the Revis & Arizona Cardinals matchup for those 2 scares me. Revis has normally taken on the #2 wideout - Wayne, Golden Tate and this time it is Randall Cobb :(

My other WRs are Torrey Smith and Kenny Stills. Not sure if I should play one of them instead of the above 2. Both Yahoo and ESPN have them (Cobb and Julio) ranked well above Torrey Smith and Kenny Stills, probably for the reason that they are most likely to get the QB's look while in the red zone. I guess I will go with Cobb and Julio if that is what the experts say.

Thoughts???

if I didnt have the option of green dez and gordon, I would stick with nelson, but if they could hold cal and green in check and also the fact that nelson didnt have that good a game vs the vikings Im siding on the side of caution 

Here's a scenario.

LeSean mccoy, Denard Robinson, Isiah Crowell are the RB's

Aj green, Mike Wallace, Golden Tate, martavis Bryant are the WR's.

Can only have 5, who's the odd man out?

Weather in Buffalo, pass rush of Bills and style of Browns O leads me to Isiah Crowell as a solid RB2. Denard Robinson has a great matchup but until Bortles shows he can beat folks with his arm, they will gang up on him like the Colts did. McCoy might be a safer bet though Denard has high risk high reward possibility.

A.J.Green vs Bucs and Mike Wallace vs Jets are slam dunks. I'd lean towards Golden Tate because they are inside the dome while Martavis Bryant is in Heinz Field where there is a 50% chance of showers and against a leaky run D (NO Saints), they will rely on Leveon Bell more.

Pick 2 RBs:

Jerick McKinnon vs. Carolina

Jeremy Hill @ Tampa Bay

Gio Bernard @ Tampa Bay

LaGarette Blount @ Green Bay

Latavius Murray @ St. Louis

Joique Bell vs. Chicago

Yes, I have way too many RBs haha

Packers have literally cut down on production they have given to RBs the last few games. Given that, I'd eliminate Blount.

Chicago run D is more stout than their pass D. Plus, Reggie Bush is coming back, so less friendly circumstances for Joique Bell.

To me, Jerrick McKinnon seems to be the safe bet. So are both Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard.

Eagles had 17. I hope the Colts do better. Cmon cribbs!!

Eagles had 17. I hope the Colts do better. Cmon cribbs!!

So much for the Cowboys stellar OL, huh? I never saw that coming.

Yeah, there is something to be said about that Eagles' D, and their head coach too. They have good game plans coming in. I would not be shocked if they beat the Seahawks at home either. Cowboys show why they have always been Jekyll and Hyde. If Romo has to carry them, he cannot, that is what we are learning from the Redskins and Eagles defeats at home for Romo. Plus, the Cowboys OL is bad at blitz pickups (maybe falls back to Romo) and the Redskins and Eagles are heavy blitzing teams. Hopefully Luck can get some blitz beaters ready and available.

Once I heard Colt McCoy is starting, I do have my doubts about the Colts' D going off at home like they always do, we will see.

I can't, in good conscience, bet against mike Evans

Me neither, I am going with him. It is just re-assuring when someone else feels the same way :).

Tell me this. With Latavius Murray not being able to go on Sunday, do the Rams at home vs Raiders become a better play than the Giants at Jaguars as a defense?

Does McCoy starting help or hurt Alfred Morris? Thoughts?

If I give him respect based on the Cowboys game, I would have to say it would help because he moves the chains well enough that you have to respect the pass and cannot gang up on the run.

However, our man CBs are better than the Cowboys man CBs, no doubt in my mind. For all we know, McCoy might crap the bed come Sunday afternoon but odds are less likely if you base it on his high completion percentage in the 2 games he started.