Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury report...I mean training camp thread 8/13

Legend of Luck

I'm sure most of them is just a lot of extra rest/precaution due to it being the last day of camp! It would follow suit with how the rest of camp was!

Only one the sounds weird is the Mewhort thing going on. Sucks, but we have to be EXTRA careful with offensive line. We are one injury away from making a MAJOR move to upgrade the O-Line.

His blocking was very good for the most part. It was whenever he pulled for run blocking or had to move to a different position to pass block a blitz, he took poor angles and was beat a few times. I was really impressed with him overall, it was just that aspect he really needs to work on.

I really hope Pep noticed or someone pointed it out to the guy that Mewhort seems to have trouble pulling and we don't have to watch that play blow up for 8 wks.

I really hope Pep noticed or someone pointed it out to the guy that Mewhort seems to have trouble pulling and we don't have to watch that play blow up for 8 wks.

Every one of their plays, including their leg and hand movements, are analyzed by the coaches.  They know each players limitations. 

I'm not one of those 'have blind faith' in the coaches guys, but I have to assume they know a lot more than me when it comes to who to play and where.

Meh, Come Sunday I'd be worried, People lose sight of the fact that before Twitter and the internet football players had to deal with nicks and bruises and a pulled this or that, Now with the invention of texting and the internet  its suddenly known basically right after it happens that so and so got nicked up a bit, Its football, bodies are not made the abuse they to through more then a couple times a week. We just need to avoid the long term injuries as much as possible and allow the players that do get nicked up or an injury that will keep them out a week or a couple weeks to recover which is what we are doing

Every one of their plays, including their leg and hand movements, are analyzed by the coaches.  They know each players limitations. 

I'm not one of those 'have blind faith' in the coaches guys, but I have to assume they know a lot more than me when it comes to who to play and where.

You did watch us try to run behind the weakest part of our O Line for like 9 straight weeks last year continually ending up in 3rd and long and down a couple of td's before any changes right? I would say based on last year Pep tends to get locked into what HE wants rather than what we have the players to do. Just an observation I could be wrong. You are right the coaches should know a lot more than I do.

You did watch us try to run behind the weakest part of our O Line for like 9 straight weeks last year continually ending up in 3rd and long and down a couple of td's before any changes right? I would say based on last year Pep tends to get locked into what HE wants rather than what we have the players to do. Just an observation I could be wrong. You are right the coaches should know a lot more than I do.

No, I agree with you.  It was ugly, and a lot of us (me included) had to wonder why we weren't putting our best players on the field.  There had to be better guys than Satele and McGlynn, right?

But if I take my emotion out of it, I have to believe that our coaches are doing what they think gives us the best chance to succeed.  They all know (Pep especially) that if their stubborness results in the franchise being injured, it's their jobs.

I remember someone said we should have given the other guys a chance.  Well, the coaches see those other guys in practice.  They know if they have injuries or if they can be exploited.  So sadly enough, maybe Satele and McGlynn WERE the best choices at the time.

Colts weren't consistently in 3rd and long, in fact we was 1st in league in shortest 3rd down distance in the NFL last season

"We’ll start with the basics: the Colts’ average third (or fourth) down came with 6.14 yards to go, the shortest average in the league. That’s a good thing, the best offenses in the league put themselves in good position on third down. The other teams in the top three? San Diego, Denver and New England, in that order. "

http://coltsauthority.com/2014-articles/ca-charting-project-colts-and-third-downs.html

I am not mad just worried since the target date for Mewhort's return was today

I won`t be worried if doesn`t play till game 4. 

And if Holmes is back by then it isn`t a big deal because he won`t be playing any if much better than his likely backups. He is a slower footed Rookie.

It sure looked bad didn`t it!  Last season TRich kept cutting back to the middle rather than hitting some of the tiny gaps AC was making. He missed an obvious hole to his left last game. 65% of our runs last season were between the guards. The worst pair in the league with SS BAD also. Gagarooooo!

We will be better!!!!

It sure looked bad didn`t it! Last season TRich kept cutting back to the middle rather than hitting some of the tiny gaps AC was making. He missed an obvious hole to his left last game. 65% of our runs last season were between the guards. The worst pair in the league with SS BAD also. Gagarooooo!

We will be better!!!!

Yeah, i don't think that percentage is correct.