Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Coach and 3 QBs to play a game for your life

Shane Bond

They are the same.

Its about accountability. Brady was asked specifically about the drop and he didnt acknowledge its his fault.

Peyton was asking not about one play but the whole game in general and he said it is insulting to ask that way. Did he stay quiet or said next question?. No.

There is no nice way to ask: Peyton can you shed some light & why you lost & what role you personally played in the SB outcome? That question is not a firing squad or witch hunt question BTW. Historians ask all the time why civilizations collapsed & what role leaders of a nation played in their demise; why can't NFL reporters ask Peyton, why did the Broncos offensive wheels fall off exactly?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no nice way to ask: Peyton can you shed some light & why you lost & what role you personally played in the SB outcome? That question is not a firing squad or witch hunt question BTW. Historians ask all the time why civilizations collapsed & what role leaders of a nation played in their demise; why can't NFL reporters ask Peyton, why did the Broncos offensive wheels fall off exactly?

If they would have asked liked that, he would have probably answered. Instead he asked a loaded question about embarrassing performance.

If they would have asked liked that, he would have probably answered. Instead he asked a loaded question about embarrassing performance.

I agree with you on that 100% Jvan. By focusing on the embarrassment side of the question, reporters are creating the false impression that neither the Broncos nor Peyton Manning really put their heart into trying to win the SB. Nothing could be further from the truth BTW. I know how diligent, dedicated, & determined 18 is to win every game he plays. 

Once Preseason starts in August & a new NFL calendar year begins, I will bury my issue with any SB comments & wash the slate clean because I owe that to Manning as well as any NFL QB at this time of year. 

I respect you Jvan & your NFL expertise. You are I are perfectly fine with no animosity or problems whatsoever. I just needed to set the record straight. 

Why would I need 3 QB's since only 1 can throw at a time......wouldn't it  be better to pick a QB, WR and a coach?

Your point is a salient one Gavin, but I think what Shane was getting at is this: View the 2 additional QBs as injured reserve players that suit up if your main field general goes down. Or perhaps Shane was duplicating a ProBowl style format where different QBs play different quarters. 

I like your addition of a WR from any team or era into the mix...a very interesting & intriguing wrinkle BTW Gavin. That way you could have crazy scenarios like this: QB Dan Fouts, WR Lynn Swann, & HC Marv Levy. Very cool stuff when you have no age or era restrictions. 

Jim Mora

Kerry Collins

Rex Grossman

Tim Tebow

Don't talk to me about Playoffs. Playoffs?

And I think that rant from Jim Mora really reached out to Manning. He had been to playoffs every year since.

What he did after reaching is a different discussion all together :).

Poor Jim...he was a good coach. I said good...I didn't say Vince Lombardi. The YouTube clip I always watch of that rant (you know...because we all watch that atleast once a week still :P) cuts to a reporter asking Peyton what he thought of the comments before it ends. What did Peyton say? I've never been able to find that on YouTube.

I am offensive minded. Love throwing the ball 50+ times rather then running the ball.

Coach- Bruce Arians

1st quarter- Peyton Manning

2nd quarter-Drew Brees

Whole second half-Tom Brady

I prefer Brady to play the rest of the game because he is clearly the best clutch quarterback. Would not like Manning in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. I love Manning but the man chokes all the time..

I am offensive minded. Love throwing the ball 50+ times rather then running the ball.

Coach- Bruce Arians

2nd quarter-Drew Brees

I prefer Brady to play the rest of the game because he is clearly the best clutch quarterback. Would not like Manning in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. I love Manning but the man chokes all the time..

You may want to check Peytons 4th quarter gwd and come from behind games. I think you will find he has produced heavily in the 4th quarter

Poor Jim...he was a good coach. I said good...I didn't say Vince Lombardi. The YouTube clip I always watch of that rant (you know...because we all watch that atleast once a week still :P) cuts to a reporter asking Peyton what he thought of the comments before it ends. What did Peyton say? I've never been able to find that on YouTube.

The best thing I can say about Jim Mora is that you always know what he is thinking & where you stand with him. I respect that. Just read his facial expressions. I'm a lot like that myself. When I'm ticked off, you'll know it & when I'm real quiet something is seriously wrong. I like people you can read like a book because I value straight shooters & consistency. You know exactly what you're gonna get & there is comfort in dependability. 

I even like his kid Jim Mora Jr. I value people who don't nonsense me, don't sugarcoat me, & give it to me straight warts & all. The Mora family is built that way & I admire that. 

The best thing I can say about Jim Mora is that you always know what he is thinking & where you stand with him. I respect that. Just read his facial expressions. I'm a lot like that myself. When I'm ticked off, you'll know it & when I'm real quiet something is seriously wrong. I like people you can read like a book because I value straight shooters & consistency. You know exactly what you're gonna get & there is comfort in dependability. 

I even like his kid Jim Mora Jr. I value people who don't nonsense me, don't sugarcoat me, & give it to me straight warts & all. The Mora family is built that way & I admire that. 

Granted, I was 11 when he left the Colts- but wasn't he plagued by Jeff George and Jim Harbaugh as QBs before Manning? 

Harbaugh wasn't horrible- but I don't remember much. I was 7 when Peyton was drafted.

Granted, I was 11 when he left the Colts- but wasn't he plagued by Jeff George and Jim Harbaugh as QBs before Manning? 

Harbaugh wasn't horrible- but I don't remember much. I was 7 when Peyton was drafted.

Jim Mora? He was brought in Peytons rookie year in '98, Prior to that he was the Saints coach for 10 years where he went .500 or better in 7 of 10 seasons but managed only 4 playoff appearances despite that and 0 playoff wins in New Orleans.......Or at all actually (In 6 total)

Mora didn't arrive until 1998. While he wasn't around for George or Harbaugh, the concept applies for his days as a Saints. The best quarterbck he ever had was Bobby Hebert. It seemed like a good idea, the coach and quarterback of the 2 USFL Championship teams combiming, and those teams were good because Mora was a good coach who always got average guys to play great as a team but that typically applies more to the defense and running game than the quarterback.

Harbaugh wasn't the reason that team fell apart. I was a huge fan of his as a youngster. He was fun to watch...very Favre like minus a few breaks. It's no wonder he's such a good coach.

I was 26 years old when Peyton was drafted. I loved Jim Mora press conferences because there was nothing artificial about the guy. He's as genuine & unvarnished as you can get.

"Playoffs?! Playoffs?! I just wanna win a darn game." LOL! I like the man's candor & I always will. 

Jim's gonna give you his honest assessment whether you want to hear it or not so be careful what you ask for.  haha Nice. 

Mora didn't arrive until 1998. While he wasn't around for George or Harbaugh, the concept applies for his days as a Saints. The best quarterbck he ever had was Bobby Hebert. It seemed like a good idea, the coach and quarterback of the 2 USFL Championship teams combiming, and those teams were good because Mora was a good coach who always got average guys to play great as a team but that typically applies more to the defense and running game than the quarterback.

Harbaugh wasn't the reason that team fell apart. I was a huge fan of his as a youngster. He was fun to watch...very Favre like minus a few breaks. It's no wonder he's such a good coach.

Did he wear dockers dress pants back then, hang a Sharpie marker over his neck, & complain how NFL zebras robbed him of games via bad calls way back when too? Just kidding! Jim's a great HC no question, but he needs to stop whining about bad referee calls in NFC Championship Games & SBs & demand better execution out of CK his 49ers QB. That's my only complaint about Harbaugh, a tiny one, but it is there. 

Jim Mora? He was brought in Peytons rookie year in '98, Prior to that he was the Saints coach for 10 years where he went .500 or better in 7 of 10 seasons but managed only 4 playoff appearances despite that and 0 playoff wins in New Orleans.......Or at all actually (In 6 total)

HC Mike Ditka didn't do much better Gavin & even Jim Haslett only really only had 1 good year in 2000 being named AP Coach of the Year.

Success only came to New Orleans with the signing of HC Sean Payton, QB Drew Brees, & a 2009 Lombardi trophy. 

Coach- Bruce Arians

2nd quarter-Drew Brees

I guess you have missed Brady's more recent playoff performances

HC Mike Ditka didn't do much better Gavin & even Jim Haslett only really only had 1 good year in 2000 being named AP Coach of the Year.

Success only came to New Orleans with the signing of HC Sean Payton, QB Drew Brees, & a 2009 Lombardi trophy. 

Being able to watch the Mike Ditka documentary on NFL Network I don't agree with a lot of the things he did but he does have a SB win to his credit with the Bears and that was with a very average QB...who shall we say...was not an easy person to get along with...Though neither was Ditka according to many players who played for the Bears during Ditkas reign

Ditka lost his fire after being fired from Chicago. People don't give him the typical amount of cresot as a HC for the success of the Bears but he had to be doing something right. He was handpicked by George Halas to return the Bears to prominence is Halas' last major decision ever. He also worked for Tom Landry...a guy who didn't keep numbskulls around.

Mora is vastly underrated. He was actually never fires. He quit New Orleans when he thought he'd done all he could do in the town that he gave more winning seasons to in his run than it'd had in it's life. He also quit Indy when he refused to fire his DC (yes I know there are people who don't believe this but I do lol).