Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Concerned About The Mentality Of This Team Going Forward If They Go 0-16 This Year?

GoGoColts

The mentality of the Colts' opponents:

The Colts are now like Tiger Woods or like Mike Tyson (after he got beat by Douglas)...they have loss the mental edge they had over other teams and when Manning returns, that "intimidation-factor" will not return.

To other teams, the Colts are like that "little chump" in the playground who walks around with his chest pumped out because he knows the local bully (Manning) has his back..

Even If the Colts start winning when Manning returns, the Colts still won't get any repect; although, Manning will get praised for continuing to carry such a "gawd-awful" team.

I hope they do some real soul searching and make some fundamental changes.

1) Build a real defense capable of winning ball games.

2) Quit blowing off the preseason as completely meaningless so that they are flat for the first several games

3) Drop the arrogant "We just do what we do" routine

4) Continue building a real offensive line capable of both run and pass blocking.

5) Stop pretending that special teams don't matter and filling them with a bunch of cast offs who couldn't make 75% of the teams on the league.

0-16 might be shocking enough that some of these changes get made.

what is wrong with that?

you would think the colts are a 500 team the past 10 years the way some people act.

Business as usual = same defensive deficiencies and schemes and same poor special teams play. I'm hoping this poor season will break them from the "we do what we do" mentality.

I hope they do some real soul searching and make some fundamental changes.

1) Build a real defense capable of winning ball games.

2) Quit blowing off the preseason as completely meaningless so that they are flat for the first several games

3) Drop the arrogant "We just do what we do" routine

4) Continue building a real offensive line capable of both run and pass blocking.

5) Stop pretending that special teams don't matter and filling them with a bunch of cast offs who couldn't make 75% of the teams on the league.

0-16 might be shocking enough that some of these changes get made.

1. What do you consider a real defense? The Packers defense isn't great they are winning, the Pats defense isn't great they are winning, yet you look at say the Ravens with what people would consider a good defesne and they lose to Jville and Seattle?

2. What does winning pre season games mean?

1. What do you consider a real defense? The Packers defense isn't great they are winning, the Pats defense isn't great they are winning, yet you look at say the Ravens with what people would consider a good defesne and they lose to Jville and Seattle?

Ugh, greenbay has given up points and yards but they make big plays{two int returns for td's last week}.Raven's are still a good d.Are you trying to say our defense is not that bad?

This is the 2nd shot I've seen you take at the Packers def.

They are:10th in pts, 15th in yds, 15th in 1stD, 4th in rushing def, 1st in INTs and they score points on a nearly weekly basis. They are good at the least, and at times the best in the league.

I might have a small worry. Traveling around, I hear what other areas mention concerning the Colts. In Miami, they say the Colts have QUIT. They are Quitters. Miami lost the S4L race now because they don't quit and have pulled two games out so far. Sports Talking heads around there have dubbed the Colts "A Special Kind of Bad".

If they are right, these guys have given in and given up, they I do worry. No room for that type of mentality. Every guy should play like his job relies on it next year... because it does.

Our O has to do a better job for our D. Painter is not doing his job well enough.

The Packers and Patriots are #16 and #17 and are both improving The Colts are #32 and getting worse after having been horrible for years.

I didn't say anything about winning preseason games. I said don't blow them off completely and come out flat for several weeks. The Colt starters not giving up over 150 yards rushing in a half to both the Redskins and Rams and then laughing it off with :"we don't care about the preseason" and then getting blown out in week one would be a great place to start. The starters should expect to win their quarters and play that way.

I might have a small worry. Traveling around, I hear what other areas mention concerning the Colts. In Miami, they say the Colts have QUIT. They are Quitters. Miami lost the S4L race now because they don't quit and have pulled two games out so far. Sports Talking heads around there have dubbed the Colts "A Special Kind of Bad".

If they are right, these guys have given in and given up, they I do worry. No room for that type of mentality. Every guy should play like his job relies on it next year... because it does.

Our O has to do a better job for our D. Painter is not doing his job well enough.

the really sad thing about the Colts is that they HAVE NOT quit

This is as good as they can do...

Ugh, greenbay has given up points and yards but they make big plays{two int returns for td's last week}.Raven's are still a good d.Are you trying to say our defense is not that bad?

No, that our defense is what it is and when our offense is fully healthy and hitting on all cylinders it allows our defense to play to it's strengths and as seen with GB and NE, you can win with a strong offense and questionable D more often then not.

This is the 2nd shot I've seen you take at the Packers def.

They are:10th in pts, 15th in yds, 15th in 1stD, 4th in rushing def, 1st in INTs and they score points on a nearly weekly basis. They are good at the least, and at times the best in the league.

I would rate those averages at best average and now where near great. If their offense wasn't putting up the points they were the Packers would not have an undefeated record and would not be where they are.

I would rate those averages at best average and now where near great. If their offense wasn't putting up the points they were the Packers would not have an undefeated record and would not be where they are.

So the def that's 10th n pts, 4th in rushing, first in TOs and points scored is average? Seems kinda odd.

So the def that's 10th n pts, 4th in rushing, first in TOs and points scored is average? Seems kinda odd.

Look at thier teams offense. Look at last nights Pack/Vik game, the way the Pack offense is so explosive throws the other team out of it's game plan early on and forces them to take chances and such.

Look at thier teams offense. Look at last nights Pack/Vik game, the way the Pack offense is so explosive throws the other team out of it's game plan early on and forces them to take chances and such.

The packer def held the Vikings to 3 and out on the first poss. Then took the punt to the house. So it would seem the def set the tone for that game.

I'll say it again the packers def is good at the very least and best in the league at there best.