Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2011 Colts Vs. 1991 Colts..........who Would Win?

PreManningColtsFan

It's been 20 years since the worst Colts team ever and for the purposes of debate and entertainment, I wanted to start this thread. According to Wikipedia, the '91 squad set the record for the fewest points scored by an NFL team sinced going to a 16 game schedule with 143 total points or an average of 9 points per game. Pathetic. Offensively, the team was so bad, it didn't even score a td in 10 of the 16 games. So clearly, this would benefit our 2011 squad in a head to head game as our defense in 2011 is far worse than the one in '91. The '91 squad allowed 381 points in 16 games leaving an average of just under 24 points per game allowed.

For comparison purposes, the 2011 squad, albeit through 9 games, has allowed 283 points or an alarming 31.4 points per game and has scored a total of 128 points leaving an average of 14 points per game. So, on average, we are losing by 17 points every game while the '91 squad got beat by an average of 15 points. Obviously this season is yet to be engrained into the record books and we'll see how it all finishes. That said, I wanted to post this prior to today's game. In the event we lose today in what is sure to be a model of offensive ineptitude for both teams, I am certain everyone will pile on and say this team would get whipped by our '91 squad. Regardless, this is what the seaason has come to for me. One thing is for certain, from a performance / potential perspective, this 2011 squad is far worse than '91 as we simply are far underachieving. Our personnel is far superior overall to '91. Regardless, I am curious to see what everyone has to say on this. Who wins, '91 Colts vs the 20 year anniversary squad of 2011.

We are now seeing what we knew all along on Painter. He's terrible. This offense is anemic. Depending upon what we do with Manning this year, it may be time to cut bait with Painter as well. We have gone 7 qtrs without an offensive TD with the last coming in the 4th qtr against Tennessee. If it weren't obvious prior to this game, if we should lose today, the Colts are 0-2 against Rookie QB's as Andy Dalton and Blayne Gabbert will have beaten us. Next week we have another rookie in Newton going up against us. While we can't blaim all of this on Painter, it's worth noting that rookie qb's are performing at a higher level than he is and he's in his 3rd year. The good part of what happened with Manning is a ton of exposure has been given to the needs of this team. Clearly after nearly 7 complete games of work, we have learned that Painter gives us zero chance of winning. In fact, he is yet to win a start even going back to "meaningless" games in past seasons. This team is a joke.

It's been 20 years since the worst Colts team ever and for the purposes of debate and entertainment, I wanted to start this thread. According to Wikipedia, the '91 squad set the record for the fewest points scored by an NFL team sinced going to a 16 game schedule with 143 total points or an average of 9 points per game. Pathetic. Offensively, the team was so bad, it didn't even score a td in 10 of the 16 games. So clearly, this would benefit our 2011 squad in a head to head game as our defense in 2011 is far worse than the one in '91. The '91 squad allowed 381 points in 16 games leaving an average of just under 24 points per game allowed.

For comparison purposes, the 2011 squad, albeit through 9 games, has allowed 283 points or an alarming 31.4 points per game and has scored a total of 128 points leaving an average of 14 points per game. So, on average, we are losing by 17 points every game while the '91 squad got beat by an average of 15 points. Obviously this season is yet to be engrained into the record books and we'll see how it all finishes. That said, I wanted to post this prior to today's game. In the event we lose today in what is sure to be a model of offensive ineptitude for both teams, I am certain everyone will pile on and say this team would get whipped by our '91 squad. Regardless, this is what the seaason has come to for me. One thing is for certain, from a performance / potential perspective, this 2011 squad is far worse than '91 as we simply are far underachieving. Our personnel is far superior overall to '91. Regardless, I am curious to see what everyone has to say on this. Who wins, '91 Colts vs the 20 year anniversary squad of 2011.

The 2011 team would win....

This team isnt as bad as that 1991 team was and is far more talented...on offense..