Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Biggest fear in this draft

Let me preface this by saying this topic could very well be in the general section (so mods please feel free)

As a Colts fan I have a vested interest in what the Texans do here tonight.  In regards to my team, I would rather them draft Manziel than Clowney or Mack.  It would be more stressful with Clowney and Watt coming at Luck vs having to defend Manziel IMO.  What does everyone else think?  

Clowney is going to be a huge bust in my opinion. Almost every draft has one huge bust in the first 5-10 picks and Clowney is that bust. I would love to see him sink the Texans. Taking Clowney would be the best thing for us. Mack would hurt us a lot as he is the best football player in the draft. I think Blake Bortles could hurt us as well if the Texans get him. He is a poor man's Andrew Luck and if he reaches his potential, he'll give us trouble for the next 10-15 years.

I think this question is irrelevant and been asked 1000 times too many and no matter who they draft the Colts will have the Texans number all year and will dominate the division like always it'll be nice to knock Clowney/Manziel down a few pegs both are wayyy too arrogant

Texans 2011 draft:

JJ Watt

Brooks Reed

Brandon Harris

Rashad Carmichael

Shiloh Keo

TJ Yates

Derek Newton

Cheta Ozougwu

What grade would you give that draft? A bunch of underwhelming players, an average Brooks Reed, and the best defensive player in the game.

That's an A+ draft just because of Watt but without him that's a horrible draft,

so I don't know what's an average draft or a worse draft that you are asking us to choose from because one player could turn it to an A+ draft

Clowney is going to be a huge bust in my opinion. Almost every draft has one huge bust in the first 5-10 picks and Clowney is that bust. I would love to see him sink the Texans. Taking Clowney would be the best thing for us. Mack would hurt us a lot as he is the best football player in the draft. I think Blake Bortles could hurt us as well if the Texans get him. He is a poor man's Andrew Luck and if he reaches his potential, he'll give us trouble for the next 10-15 years.

What makes you say that Clowney will be a bust while Bortles will be a franchise QB? I'm very curious. Feel free to post the link to the Bleacher Report article you read that said that.

As long as the Texans don't pony up 2 first round picks for Tom Brady, I'm OK with it. :)

Like someone else said, the combo of Wisenhunt and Ray Horton with the Titans is something to keep an eye on. Locker, of the 3 division rivals of ours, is probably the 2nd best QB in the division, IMO, right now. He was not turning it over and winning games before he went down. If the Titans continue to develop Locker and get more pieces for their D, I'd be worried more to be honest.

What makes you say that Clowney will be a bust while Bortles will be a franchise QB? I'm very curious. Feel free to post the link to the Bleacher Report article you read that said that.

Clowney has the qualities of a bust, he's an excellent athlete that's a below average football player. He only plays when he wants too and takes plays off. He gives up when his first effort to sack the qb doesn't work. He has little to no heart as well. As far as Bortles goes, he is very raw but seems to have elite qualities in his game like a rothlisberger/luck mix. I don't necessarily think he'll be a franchise qb, but I think he has the highest ceiling of any qb in this draft.

Clowney has the qualities of a bust, he's an excellent athlete that's a below average football player. He only plays when he wants too and takes plays off. He gives up when his first effort to sack the qb doesn't work. He has little to no heart as well. As far as Bortles goes, he is very raw but seems to have elite qualities in his game like a rothlisberger/luck mix. I don't necessarily think he'll be a franchise qb, but I think he has the highest ceiling of any qb in this draft.

Clowney isn't a good football player? Is that why he was tripled teamed multiple times this season? The kid has been pegged as the next big thing since he came out of high school. You don't get to where he is by accident. He would have been a top 5 pick this year. If anything, Bortles has the potential to be the next Blaine Gabbert.

Let me preface this by saying this topic could very well be in the general section (so mods please feel free)

As a Colts fan I have a vested interest in what the Texans do here tonight.  In regards to my team, I would rather them draft Manziel than Clowney or Mack.  It would be more stressful with Clowney and Watt coming at Luck vs having to defend Manziel IMO.  What does everyone else think?

I'm hoping they draft Manziel. Don't you think every NFL team that faces him is going to study the LSU game?

Clowney isn't a good football player? Is that why he was tripled teamed multiple times this season? The kid has been pegged as the next big thing since he came out of high school. You don't get to where he is by accident. He would have been a top 5 pick this year. If anything, Bortles has the potential to be the next Blaine Gabbert.

Clowney is a great athlete, not a great football player. He's actually a very average football player. He's being drafted so high because he's a highlight reel. 3 1/2 sacks last year and basically skipping games doesn't qualify you as a good football player and a no1 pick. The Texans will regret taking at 1 if they choose him. Bortles could be Blaine Gabbert but he has similar qualities as Andrew Luck. He will probably have a longer career than Clowney. You seem to be high on Clowney, I'd like to hear why besides that big hit he did.

Clowney is a great athlete, not a great football player. He's actually a very average football player. He's being drafted so high because he's a highlight reel. 3 1/2 sacks last year and basically skipping games doesn't qualify you as a good football player and a no1 pick. The Texans will regret taking at 1 if they choose him. Bortles could be Blaine Gabbert but he has similar qualities as Andrew Luck. He will probably have a longer career than Clowney. You seem to be high on Clowney, I'd like to hear why besides that big hit he did.

Phenomenal athlete. Great pass rusher. 21 sacks between his freshmen and sophomore year, when he wasn't consistently double and triple team by his opponents. I think he's a sure-fire top 10 pass rusher in this league. I don't think the same can be said about any of the QB's in this draft. 

Phenomenal athlete. Great pass rusher. 21 sacks between his freshmen and sophomore year, when he wasn't consistently double and triple team by his opponents. I think he's a sure-fire top 10 pass rusher in this league. I don't think the same can be said about any of the QB's in this draft. 

Here's the problem I have with Clowney, when he gets double or triple teamed, even in college, he does nothing. The players in the NFL are much better than the college competition he faced and some of them will handle him 1 on 1. When he fails to get by the Tackle on his first try, he'll probably give up just like he did in college. His effort is poor and teams can easily stop him and frustrate him. Whoever takes him will figure this out. He's the ultimate high-risk high-reward pick in this draft. I'd rather take a safe pick like Mack.

My fear after watching this first round is that we will not find a real quality safety prospect.  Ward and Bucannon are already gone, the safety crop is thinning out quickly

Yeah there was a little run on safety tonight there for a minute, but it may allow our highest ranked interior linemen to fall to us...

Might get lucky and score Vereen or Huff in the 3rd...

Got some friends who are Bears fans & they are irate that they passed on Ha Ha & Pryor...

Yeah there was a little run on safety tonight there for a minute, but it may allow our highest ranked interior linemen to fall to us...

Might get lucky and score Vereen or Huff in the 3rd...

Got some friends who are Bears fans & they are irate that they passed on Ha Ha & Pryor...

Fuller should turn out pretty good for the Bears.  I thought they were going to take Dennard though.

Ha Ha to me fits more of a Man scheme than that Tampa 2 stuff.  Pryor would have been okay for them 

Vereen is okay to me, but he's more closer to a corner slash nickel back the more tape I watched of him.

Many people probably are hoping for Brooks from FSU but I don't think he'll be available by the time we pick.

If we can't find a quality safety in round 2, which it's looking like less of a possibility.  I at least hope we can 

come out of that round with Attouchu or maybe even Jean Baptiste.  We may have a good chance to pick one of them up. I was surprised how many picks went by with people like CJ Mosley still on sitting on the board.  I was mad when the Eagles got Marcus Smith though!

worry is not draft a second round top center  , such as  Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State 

Height: 6-3. Weight: 300. 

Projected 40 Time: 5.19. 

Projected Round (2014): 1-2. 

basic all good safety a be gone way draft is doing.  we have chance a 1 are second round top center. at 59 pick .