Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ChrisMoy´ Mock

This is my first Mock Draft i hope you like it  :goodluck:

# 59.- Lamarcus Joyner CB/S Florida State 
He is projected to be a Safety in the NFL.  He is only 5´8¨ but Joyner does a great job of reading plays and has the athleticism to be an excellent player in pass coverage. 

#90.- Pierre Desir CB Linderwood
At 6´1´´ and  198 pounds he is one of the most physicals corners in the draft and he fits the model of a great Press corner. He is extremely raw but with Pagano I think that the sky is the limit for this guy

#166.- Michael Sam OLB Missouri
Im taking the SEC Defensive Player of the year. Outside of Mathis we don’t have another Pass rusher and with Sam we could get one at this point of the draft, he had 11.5 sacks last season and we could use some of that

#203.- Brandon Thomas OG-OT Clemson
2 weeks ago he was a 2nd round player but after his injury he could fall to us in the 6th round. He can play OG or OT and  he dominated Jadeveon Clowney who may be the 1st overall pick in this draft

#232.- Henry Josey RB Missouri     
Bradshaw, Ballard and Richardson are power backs but with a guy like Josey we will get a change of pace runner and can be used as a returner
PS: I apologize if I had any grammar mistakes or something like that, Im from Mexico and English is not my mother language

This is my first Mock Draft i hope you like it  :goodluck:

# 59.- Lamarcus Joyner CB/S Florida State 

He is projected to be a Safety in the NFL.  He is only 5´8¨ but Joyner does a great job of reading plays and has the athleticism to be an excellent player in pass coverage. 

#90.- Pierre Desir CB Linderwood

At 6´1´´ and  198 pounds he is one of the most physicals corners in the draft and he fits the model of a great Press corner. He is extremely raw but with Pagano I think that the sky is the limit for this guy

#166.- Michael Sam OLB Missouri

Im taking the SEC Defensive Player of the year. Outside of Mathis we don’t have another Pass rusher and with Sam we could get one at this point of the draft, he had 11.5 sacks last season and we could use some of that

#203.- Brandon Thomas OG-OT Clemson

2 weeks ago he was a 2nd round player but after his injury he could fall to us in the 6th round. He can play OG or OT and  he dominated Jadeveon Clowney who may be the 1st overall pick in this draft

#232.- Henry Josey RB Missouri     

Bradshaw, Ballard and Richardson are power backs but with a guy like Josey we will get a change of pace runner and can be used as a returner

PS: I apologize if I had any grammar mistakes or something like that, Im from Mexico and English is not my mother language

Overall I like this especially the first two picks not sure these guys will be there so might consider going with McGill in the third as I think we have a better chance of Joyner being there in the second than Desir being there in the third. Instead of Michael Sam think I would have gone with Preston Brown ILB Louisville. And at 232 I would probably just go BPA great job though.

Joyner - Why use our first draft choice on a project?  We need a safety to come in and play, and there will be guys there who are suited to start now that will be just as good.

Desir - He's not my favorite choice, but he's not all that bad either.  I think he'll require a bit more work as a project than say McGill or Jean-Baptiste (whom I like better by the way), but could be a nice prospect.

Sam - Meh, there will be other DE/OLB prospects who should be there in the 5th that I like much better.  I'd take Howard Jones before I took Michael Sam, and Jones could be available in the 6th or 7th (though he's recently shot up some boards).

Brandon Thomas - If he lasts to the 6th, I'm all for this pick.  He's injured, sure, but it's not like he'd start this year anyway.  I think that we shouldn't go into this draft with the intent of drafting Thomas in the 6th, so if there's a lineman we can't pass up in the 3rd or 5th (or 4th via trade back), then we should take him.  But yeah, I like him at this slot.  I think a team will take a chance on him sooner, but you never know.

Josey - Who?  Admittedly I don't follow college football in season.  I just watch film afterward.  What little research I did in the 5 minutes I looked him up  revealed a near career ending injury and a sub 200 lb running back, so I imagine you see him as a scat back.  Will have to look into him, but perhaps you could make the argument.  Why take him in the 7th and not soemone like, say D'Anthony Thomas (whom I think people are grossly overvaluing as a 5th round prospect or better - I think he's a 6th round prospect or lower).

Joyner - Why use our first draft choice on a project?  We need a safety to come in and play, and there will be guys there who are suited to start now that will be just as good.

Desir - He's not my favorite choice, but he's not all that bad either.  I think he'll require a bit more work as a project than say McGill or Jean-Baptiste (whom I like better by the way), but could be a nice prospect.

Sam - Meh, there will be other DE/OLB prospects who should be there in the 5th that I like much better.  I'd take Howard Jones before I took Michael Sam, and Jones could be available in the 6th or 7th (though he's recently shot up some boards).

Brandon Thomas - If he lasts to the 6th, I'm all for this pick.  He's injured, sure, but it's not like he'd start this year anyway.  I think that we shouldn't go into this draft with the intent of drafting Thomas in the 6th, so if there's a lineman we can't pass up in the 3rd or 5th (or 4th via trade back), then we should take him.  But yeah, I like him at this slot.  I think a team will take a chance on him sooner, but you never know.

Josey - Who?  Admittedly I don't follow college football in season.  I just watch film afterward.  What little research I did in the 5 minutes I looked him up  revealed a near career ending injury and a sub 200 lb running back, so I imagine you see him as a scat back.  Will have to look into him, but perhaps you could make the argument.  Why take him in the 7th and not soemone like, say D'Anthony Thomas (whom I think people are grossly overvaluing as a 5th round prospect or better - I think he's a 6th round prospect or lower).

Desir probably couldn't start until his second or third year. A lot of adjustment time because of his level of competition.

As for DE/OLB prospects, I'd give Dominique Easley a look late. Also Cassius Marsh. At OLB I'd look at Morgan Breslin. I like Jones as well. The 7th round pick is whoever.

Joyner - Why use our first draft choice on a project? We need a safety to come in and play, and there will be guys there who are suited to start now that will be just as good.

Desir - He's not my favorite choice, but he's not all that bad either. I think he'll require a bit more work as a project than say McGill or Jean-Baptiste (whom I like better by the way), but could be a nice prospect.

Sam - Meh, there will be other DE/OLB prospects who should be there in the 5th that I like much better. I'd take Howard Jones before I took Michael Sam, and Jones could be available in the 6th or 7th (though he's recently shot up some boards).

Brandon Thomas - If he lasts to the 6th, I'm all for this pick. He's injured, sure, but it's not like he'd start this year anyway. I think that we shouldn't go into this draft with the intent of drafting Thomas in the 6th, so if there's a lineman we can't pass up in the 3rd or 5th (or 4th via trade back), then we should take him. But yeah, I like him at this slot. I think a team will take a chance on him sooner, but you never know.

Josey - Who? Admittedly I don't follow college football in season. I just watch film afterward. What little research I did in the 5 minutes I looked him up revealed a near career ending injury and a sub 200 lb running back, so I imagine you see him as a scat back. Will have to look into him, but perhaps you could make the argument. Why take him in the 7th and not soemone like, say D'Anthony Thomas (whom I think people are grossly overvaluing as a 5th round prospect or better - I think he's a 6th round prospect or lower).

Why is Joyner a project?

Y'all are downgrading these injured players a little too much.

Easley just had a pro day and with 18 teams present and came away impressed, said he would be ready for OTAs

@TonyPauline: Dominique Easley/DL/Florida drawing heavy interest from Seattle Seahawks, Chicago Bears, NE Patriots & San Fransisco 49ers...saying 2nd rnd

10:50am - 17 Apr 14

Brandon Thomas - If he lasts to the 6th, I'm all for this pick.  He's injured, sure, but it's not like he'd start this year anyway.  I think that we shouldn't go into this draft with the intent of drafting Thomas in the 6th, so if there's a lineman we can't pass up in the 3rd or 5th (or 4th via trade back), then we should take him.  But yeah, I like him at this slot.  I think a team will take a chance on him sooner, but you never know.P

Joyner a project???

It's obvious, you have not watched much FSU football !

Y'all are downgrading these injured players a little too much.

Easley just had a pro day and with 18 teams present and came away impressed, said he would be ready for OTAs

@TonyPauline: Dominique Easley/DL/Florida drawing heavy interest from Seattle Seahawks, Chicago Bears, NE Patriots & San Fransisco 49ers...saying 2nd rnd

10:50am - 17 Apr 14

Easley is a top-10 talent tho. Thomas was a fringe round 1 guys and is going to miss the entire season.

Why is Joyner a project?

Joyner a project???

It's obvious, you have not watched much FSU football !

He's too small weight-wise to start SS immediately, his height will be a limitation in drop zone coverage as a FS so I wouldn't put him there.  If he were to play SS, he'd have to bulk up to closer to 200 lbs - and his body may be close to maxed out.  In other words, he may play like a SS and do it well at the collegiate level with his body size, but that won't carry over into the NFL quite so easily. I don't like him as a CB as I think he'll get owned by bigger NFL receivers - and his college tape supports that.  To me, he's an average to above average athlete who's instinctive traits and wreckless abandon have made his draft stock higher than it should be, but without the body type to play CB, SS, or FS.  I think he could be a good slot cover guy, but I wouldn't use a 2nd rounder on him.

Desir probably couldn't start until his second or third year. A lot of adjustment time because of his level of competition.

As for DE/OLB prospects, I'd give Dominique Easley a look late. Also Cassius Marsh. At OLB I'd look at Morgan Breslin. I like Jones as well. The 7th round pick is whoever.

I don't think Easley lasts to the 5th round if that's what you meant by "late look."  2nd or 3rd, he may be a good prospect, though I have no idea where the colts stand on that.  I wouldnt be disappointed if we took him though.  Marsh and Breslin would be solid 3rd day picks.  I'd prefer Prince Shembo to Breslin, but I'd be okay with either.

He's too small weight-wise to start SS immediately, his height will be a limitation in drop zone coverage as a FS so I wouldn't put him there.  If he were to play SS, he'd have to bulk up to closer to 200 lbs - and his body may be close to maxed out.  In other words, he may play like a SS and do it well at the collegiate level with his body size, but that won't carry over into the NFL quite so easily. I don't like him as a CB as I think he'll get owned by bigger NFL receivers - and his college tape supports that.  To me, he's an average to above average athlete who's instinctive traits and wreckless abandon have made his draft stock higher than it should be, but without the body type to play CB, SS, or FS.  I think he could be a good slot cover guy, but I wouldn't use a 2nd rounder on him.

You bring up great points. His size is definitely a concern but he plays so much bigger. If he were just a little taller we wouldnt even be discussing Joyner because he would be a early first rounder right with Clinton-Dix and Pryor.

Joyner is a hydrid DB. I think he would fit very well in the Colts D. He played every position in the secondary for the NC FSU team that he led in sacks and second in tackles. He hits like Landry and would be by far our best cover safety. The kid is a ball hawk with great instincts. He would bring a lot of versatility to a much needed secondary.

Would love this draft, if it happened.  I am adding here rankings of some popular choices for Pick 59 listed on these boards (Lamarcus Joyner, Jeremiah Attaochu, Terrence Brooks, and Marcus Smith) ranked by draft site according to the Huddle Report (which ranks the accuracy of predictions; how many of the site's top 100 were actually drafted in the top 100).

Huddle Report (5 year results) 1 BOB McGINN Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (hasn't posted list yet), 2 DRAFT ACE, 3 DRAFT BOARD GURU, 4 DRAFT COUNTDOWN, 5 NFL DRAFT SCOUT (CBS)

Draft Ace

25 Marcus Smith, 33 Jeremiah Attaochu, 39 Lamarcus Joyner, 50 Terrence Brooks

Draft Board Guru

47 Lamarcus Joyner, 62 Jeremiah Attaochu, 67 Terrence Brooks, 71 Marcus Smith

Draft Countdown

39 Lamarcus Joyner, 58 Jeremiah Attaochu, 81 Terrence Brooks, 82 Marcus Smith

NFL Draft Scout

47 Jeremiah Attaochu, 51 Lamarcus Joyner, 71 Terrence Brooks, 81 Marcus Smith

Each of these choices has some flaw that causes them to drop, although I have seen Attaochu as a first rounder recently.  For Joyner, it is his height, ditto Terrence Brooks, Marcus Smith is downgraded for his inexperience.  Fans of other players, no scorn, please.

You bring up great points. His size is definitely a concern but he plays so much bigger. If he were just a little taller we wouldnt even be discussing Joyner because he would be a early first rounder right with Clinton-Dix and Pryor.

Joyner is a hydrid DB. I think he would fit very well in the Colts D. He played every position in the secondary for the NC FSU team that he led in sacks and second in tackles. He hits like Landry and would be by far our best cover safety. The kid is a ball hawk with great instincts. He would bring a lot of versatility to a much needed secondary.

I agree that he plays bigger, I just don't know if that's going to be enough to make him a 2nd round prospect.  Of course there's been undersized guys in teh league who have excelled, so I'm not counting Jaylen out altogether.  But no doubt it puts him behind the 8 ball from the outset.  As you said, if he was about 2 or 3 inches taller, we'd be having a different conversation.  If we drafted him, I'd be skeptical, but open.  Heck, I'm still holding out for Trent Richardson, so it's not like I'm not accustomed to the wait and see approach lol.