Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Spikes and Talib Say Patriots Put Out False Injury Reports

HtownColt

You could not be more wrong.

I've talked with fans of all teams and most do not like the patriots. Sure they don't dislike them like us colts fans but they still don't like them. Actually from fans of all sports I've talked to just aren't big fans of Boston in general.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you hate another person because of their football rooting interests, that says 100% more about you than it does the person you hate. It also suggests you're either: a) A very emotional individual, b) A little too overzealous about sports, or c) 12 years old. Or all of the above.

Just sayin'.

Don't recall using the word hate but ok whatever makes you sound like a better person

+

I am a Colts fans and do not hate Patriots fans or any other teams fans. But I have learned that it takes effort to get along. And you bringing up Spygate on a thread on a completely different subject is the fastest way to be hated by rival fans.

As I told go pats I don't recall using the word hate so whatever. Also I said most fans can't stand the patriots you know the sports team

Don't recall using the word hate but ok whatever makes you sound like a better person

Okay, change "hate" with "can't stand." Same thing. What we all tend to forget is that we're all people first... I don't identify myself as a Pats fan ahead of father, husband, son, etc-etc. We can disagree, and we can actually have a little fun with it, and not take it all so seriously. It's football for crying out loud. Neither you nor me have much to do with it, we just watch the games man! 

Any team with a prolonged run of success, and subsequently their fans, are usually resented by other teams' fans, regardless of the sport. Boston's had a good run in the 2000s with all of our teams, so yeah... we know no one else is rooting for us, lol...

Okay, change "hate" with "can't stand." Same thing. What we all tend to forget is that we're all people first... I don't identify myself as a Pats fan ahead of father, husband, son, etc-etc. We can disagree, and we can actually have a little fun with it, and not take it all so seriously. It's football for crying out loud. Neither you nor me have much to do with it, we just watch the games man!

Any team with a prolonged run of success, and subsequently their fans, are usually resented by other teams' fans, regardless of the sport. Boston's had a good run in the 2000s with all of our teams, so yeah... we know no one else is rooting for us, lol...

Still not sure how this got turned into "i hate people" people I'm talking about the patriots most teams fans do not like that franchise hate to burst everyone's bubbles

It seems some things just go right over your head.  His point is that they were within a miracle helmet catch and a Welker drop away from winning both of those Super Bowls..  The game could have gone either way, its not like it was the Denver vs Seattle SB where it was just an embarrassing beat down... it was an extremely competitive game that came down to the final drive.

You're just looking to pick fights with people and don't do a very good job of presenting or backing up your argument.  You just twist peoples words and play the semantics game to paint your own distorted picture.

My man Jerod never misses a chance to take a shot at Denver  :clap:  :disco:

Still not sure how this got turned into "i hate people" people I'm talking about the patriots most teams fans do not like that franchise hate to burst everyone's bubbles

Welllllll... you sort of started off a little different there, but we'll chalk it up to my misunderstanding.  ;)

Cheers.   :thmup:

Welllllll... you sort of started off a little different there, but we'll chalk it up to my misunderstanding. ;)

Cheers. :thmup:

I talked about you guys teaming up on a colts fan on a colts board. Then I said colts fans aren't the only ones who don't like the PATRIOTS cause fans of other teams can't stand you as in your FRANCHISE never targeted a person in general except sayin you were teaming up on crazy colt

I talked about you guys teaming up on a colts fan on a colts board. Then I said colts fans aren't the only ones who don't like the PATRIOTS cause fans of other teams can't stand you as in your FRANCHISE never targeted a person in general except sayin you were teaming up on crazy colt

Spygate was brought up by a "Colt fan" so you can probably understand why the thread took a complete nose dive after that.

A franchise by the way is made up of people and its fans so the inference is natural. Unless you mean you are just jealous of the success of the franchise in a corporate sense.

This is not a big deal as I bet a lot of teams including our own do this kind of stuff.  It just gets more attention because it is the Pats.  If it came out that the Browns did this nobody would care.  The only reason why this is done anyways is because of gambling.  The NFL is not having teams report this info  keep things competitive.  This is all about Vegas and gambling and having info to set the lines.    

This is not a big deal as I bet a lot of teams including our own do this kind of stuff.  It just gets more attention because it is the Pats.  If it came out that the Browns did this nobody would care.  The only reason why this is done anyways is because of gambling.  The NFL is not having teams report this info  keep things competitive.  This is all about Vegas and gambling and having info to set the lines.    

What makes you say that? (He said, unable to keep a straight face while doing so...)  ;)

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - posts by banned poster
Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - posts by banned poster

"fans of other teams can't stand you."  lol  Who is they?  You don't speak for other fans and other teams.   Plenty of fans don't like the Colts.

PPP's annual poll about the NFL finds that voters across party lines can agree on one thing- the Cowboys are not 'America's Team.' Just 23% think they deserve that label, to 60% who disagree. And this is one sentiment that doesn't divide along political lines- 63% of independents, 61% of Republicans, and 57% of Democrats say they don't consider the Cowboys to be America's team.

In fact the designation the Cowboys do win out for is America's least favorite team. 23% say the Cowboys are their least favorite team with no one else coming particularly close- the Bears get 13%, Patriots 9%, Broncos 8%, Steelers 6%, and Giants 5%.

When it comes to Americans' favorite team this year it appears there's quite a bit of bandwagonism. The Broncos come out on top with 14% to 12% for the Cowboys, 11% Packers, 10% Bears, 8% Patriots and Steelers, 5% Giants, and 4% Saints and 49ers. When we did this same poll in 2011 the Packers were undefeated and came out way ahead of the pack with 22% naming them as their favorite team so we've found some inclination in the past for respondents to go with the hot hand.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2014/01/3rd-annual-nfl-poll.html

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - posts by banned poster
Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - posts by banned poster

I would bet you if you Googled up polls of NFL fans the Patriots have more fans than the Colts do.

People dislike the Patriots.  Same reason why people dislike the Yankees, Lakers, Miami Heat and Alabama.

Posted · Hidden by Blackhawk4, March 22, 2014 - Political
Hidden by Blackhawk4, March 22, 2014 - Political

You see, the narrative has been created by Colts fans and some other fans of teams that "the Patriots are the most hated team and EVERYONE hates them."   Well according to multiple polls conducted that's not true.  It just gives Pats' haters comfort when they say that and most of that hate comes from men and not women.

It's almost impossible to have an educated intellectual discussion about football with someone who dislikes the Pats because it's too hard for them to be objective and not be biased.  They just blurt out in a emotional reaction: "THEY CHEATED!!!"  Sort of like when a liberal American who gets frustrated in a political debate and calls you a "RACIST" when they can't articulate their thoughts in an honest proper manner.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - new account for a banned poster and quotes of him
Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - new account for a banned poster and quotes of him

"fans of other teams can't stand you." lol Who is they? You don't speak for other fans and other teams. Plenty of fans don't like the Colts.

PPP's annual poll about the NFL finds that voters across party lines can agree on one thing- the Cowboys are not 'America's Team.' Just 23% think they deserve that label, to 60% who disagree. And this is one sentiment that doesn't divide along political lines- 63% of independents, 61% of Republicans, and 57% of Democrats say they don't consider the Cowboys to be America's team.

In fact the designation the Cowboys do win out for is America's least favorite team. 23% say the Cowboys are their least favorite team with no one else coming particularly close- the Bears get 13%, Patriots 9%, Broncos 8%, Steelers 6%, and Giants 5%.

When it comes to Americans' favorite team this year it appears there's quite a bit of bandwagonism. The Broncos come out on top with 14% to 12% for the Cowboys, 11% Packers, 10% Bears, 8% Patriots and Steelers, 5% Giants, and 4% Saints and 49ers. When we did this same poll in 2011 the Packers were undefeated and came out way ahead of the pack with 22% naming them as their favorite team so we've found some inclination in the past for respondents to go with the hot hand.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2014/01/3rd-annual-nfl-poll.html

If you could read you would see that I said from the MANY fans of other teams I have talked with most are not real big on the good old patriots
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - new account for a banned poster and quotes of him
Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - new account for a banned poster and quotes of him

If you could read you would see that I said from the MANY fans of other teams I have talked with most are not real big on the good old patriots

Well I guess of those 20 to 50 sports fans you talked to is a good gauge and representation of the 200 million NFL fans in the U.S.

Flex myself? lol. Calling out ridiculousness is important regardless of fandom. You completely derailed this thread and for some reason think it is ok because it was at rival fans expense. 

I dont know which team you support and i could care less but i want to tell you this.

This is a Colts forum and Colts got beat pretty bad by Pats in the playoffs. There is going to be animosity especially when some Pats fans come in here and run their mouth off. There are mods to maintain law and order. If you have nothing better to say, dont say anything.

I dont know which team you support and i could care less but i want to tell you this.

This is a Colts forum and Colts got beat pretty bad by Pats in the playoffs. There is going to be animosity especially when some Pats fans come in here and run their mouth off. There are mods to maintain law and order. If you have nothing better to say, dont say anything.

I support the Colts and so what if the Pats beat us in the playoffs? Why is that a reason to derail a thread back to 2007? I would like to think our fanbase is above that and not sore losers. Guess not for some anyways.

Flex myself? lol. Calling out ridiculousness is important regardless of fandom. You completely derailed this thread and for some reason think it is ok because it was at rival fans expense. 

You call it ridiculousness because it is negative to the Pats and BB. As a Colt fan I never go to another team's forum and instigate as you and some other Pats fans do. I don't feel the need to flex myself on a Pats forum or any other. No matter how you word yourself your intensions show through to those that can just read between the lines. It's pretty sad to lower yourself to that level. 

You call it ridiculousness because it is negative to the Pats and BB. As a Colt fan I never go to another team's forum and instigate as you and some other Pats fans do. I don't feel the need to flex myself on a Pats forum or any other. No matter how you word yourself your intensions show through to those that can just read between the lines. It's pretty sad to lower yourself to that level. 

The FIRST negative Pats comment out of our fingertips would get you ....

BANNED.         fact.

Fear not...     Brady has MAYBE 2 strong years left..  after.... ?   

NE will be back to being New England......   AVERAGE. 

BANNED.         fact.

Some teams have trash talk sections on their message board designed for fans of other teams to talk trash, but then ban people for taking advantage of that. Denver for one comes to mind.

Go to Patriot Planet and just start a ...  Colt / Andrew L thread....     

OR....    inquire if Tommy is "getting old" ?  

hehe...     they are quick to hit the switch...

Some teams have trash talk sections on their message board designed for fans of other teams to talk trash, but then ban people for taking advantage of that. Denver for one comes to mind.

I think Colts forum is extremely tolerant with the non-colts fans who come in here.

BANNED.         fact.

I feel and think Brady and Peyton can be good till they're at least 41 and play another good 4 to 5 years.  Same goes with any pocket passer in today's NFL who is very good.  Taking into consideration the fact that Brady and Peyton are QB's and pocket passers so they don't have as high a risk of getting injured.  Sports and technology have progressed so athletes can play longer.  For QB's in today's NFL 40 is the new 35.

Take into consideration as well the youth of the Pats' offensive players.  "IF" the Pats land Kenny Britt then they have Gronk, LaFell, Britt, Dobson, Edelman, Amendola, Boyce and Thompkins.  They'll have room to cut one of those WR's if need be and to sign him back if one of the others gets injured.  Give Brady all those weapons for the next 3 to 5 years and he can put up at least 40 td's a season into his 40's.

As of right now the future for the Pats' offense is brighter and more stable than the Colts is as Reggie Wayne will be 36 in mid November coming off an ACL injury.

Both Peyton and Brady seem so in love and passionate about the game to walk away when they can still play at a pretty high level.

As of right noEdelman, Amendola, Dobson, Britt, LaFell (and Boyce)

Bear in mind the planet is not official such as this forum is.  There are other colts forums that would do the same or worse as you suggest.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - quoting removed post

NFL expert needs to just change his name to "Patriots #1 fan"

btw ~ what exactly are the credentials and qualifications  to be an "expert"  :scratch:

Inquiring Minds want to know.....  ;)

I feel and think Brady and Peyton can be good till they're at least 41 and play another good 4 to 5 years. Same goes with any pocket passer in today's NFL who is very good. Taking into consideration the fact that Brady and Peyton are QB's and pocket passers so they don't have as high a risk of getting injured. Sports and technology have progressed so athletes can play longer. For QB's in today's NFL 40 is the new 35.

Take into consideration as well the youth of the Pats' offensive players. "IF" the Pats land Kenny Britt then they have Gronk, LaFell, Britt, Dobson, Edelman, Amendola, Boyce and Thompkins. They'll have room to cut one of those WR's if need be and to sign him back if one of the others gets injured. Give Brady all those weapons for the next 3 to 5 years and he can put up at least 40 td's a season into his 40's.

As of right now the future for the Pats' offense is brighter and more stable than the Colts is as Reggie Wayne will be 36 in mid November coming off an ACL injury.

Both Peyton and Brady seem so in love and passionate about the game to walk away when they can still play at a pretty high level.

As of right noEdelman, Amendola, Dobson, Britt, LaFell (and Boyce)

We have Allen and Fleener neither are injury prone like gronk. We got TY and Rogers if nicks plays good we can resign him and with Reggie able to mentor them for atleast a year or 2. Rogers and TY both have more talent and potential then any of your young WRs. To top it off we also have a young QB to pair with them so I don't get where you think your Offense looks better then ours

Right, it is impossible to be a Colts fan AND not detest the Patriots. Does not exist in your world does it which must be why you took upon yourself to insert spygate into a thread that had nothing to do with the thread topic. From what I have read here, the Pats fans that you detest so much have taken upon themselves to try to educate you on spygate as you posted erroneous information and your responses have been infantile. Sure it is a Colts forum and this is the NFL section and the topic is Patriots related and here you are trying to flex your hate by bringing up a rule violation from 7 years ago. Quite frankly it is embarrassing as a Colts fan. It's not like we don't have our own baggage to deal with it right now with our owner.

We have Allen and Fleener neither are injury prone like gronk. We got TY and Rogers if nicks plays good we can resign him and with Reggie able to mentor them for atleast a year or 2. Rogers and TY both have more talent and potential then any of your young WRs. To top it off we also have a young QB to pair with them so I don't get where you think your Offense looks better then ours

I don't think the offenses are that much far apart talent-wise but the issue is your young QB throws the ball as much to our defense as your WRs. And the Pats just added the best CB in the game. Defensively you need more to contend with the likes of the Pats and Broncos and your coaching is suspect as well.