Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Spikes and Talib Say Patriots Put Out False Injury Reports

HtownColt

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee this story is only a thread on forums of teams that have reasons to hate the Patriots.

Nobody else cares. I could google "Cowboys forum" right now and I bet I would see nothing or a news report with 2 uninterested replies.

If I go to a colts forum, Steelers forum, Jets forum, Bills forum, Dolphins forum, Ravens forum, etc, it's probably "OMG THE EVIL PATS AGAIN"

And Cardinal forums, Philly forums, Texan forums, Jags forums..... I could go on, that's 5 mins work in Google, that's not including the number of Pats forums but you said it would only be on forums of Pats haters right?

Haters will hate and trolls will troll I guess :)

So that it doesn't get targeted by an opposing team. If I report that a guy has an ankle injury on his left leg then there's the chance that the next team you play targets his already injured ankle in an attempt to injure him. 

How would that help Talib? He goes down no matter where you hit him.

I don't think Talib was grinding any axes. I think he was just saying he hasn't felt his hip has been a problem. Spikes is just running his mouth off.

Wonder why Belichick didn't want him anymore

But go on and hoist all our angry rejects on to your shoulders if it makes you feel better about your envy over our success.

:thmup:

Seriously, though... non-story. Belichick protects his players by being vague about their injuries. Like Steven A Smith said today, who is a NY fan mind you, if Spikes was man enough to play here and take pay checks from here and operate under our system, he should be man enough to leave with grace

Good point by Smith. I think Spikes was more upset that they never offered him a deal like they did with Mayo. Problem is he is just a run stopper in a pass oriented league. He got one year with lousy Buffalo. That should probably tell him something about his value at this point and being late to meetings is pretty much the quickest way into the dog house of any team.

Wow, I just looked it up, the Patriots(asterisk)* haven't won a Super Bowl in 9 years. Crazy. The last time they won a Super Bowl the Raiders were relevant.

Since spygate no SB's and Brady and co. are about.500 in playoff games and before were 12-4 

I guarantee this story is only a thread on forums of teams that have reasons to hate the Patriots.

Nobody else cares. I could google "Cowboys forum" right now and I bet I would see nothing or a news report with 2 uninterested replies.

If I go to a colts forum, Steelers forum, Jets forum, Bills forum, Dolphins forum, Ravens forum, etc, it's probably "OMG THE EVIL PATS AGAIN"

I'm trying to figure out what would make you want to hang around this forum which does't like you or your team.

And yet that record is still better than the Colts'.

How'd you enjoy that game in January?

Every year there's only one team that finishes the season happy and unless I'm crazy it wasn't yours. Enjoy your 1-2 year window.

Question what advantage is gained by falsely reporting injuries?  Especially in the case of Talib and saying his quad injury was a hip injury?

I can see how there might be some benefit in putting someone in IR when they are not injured.  

Because players target previous injury areas.

Your team has been consistant at not winning Superbowls since they were caught cheating.The Colts may have only won 1 Superbowl in the ammount of time the Patriots have won 3, but the main difference is that win doesn't have a giant * next to it.

The game in question sucked, but if it's any conselation to you the beatdown the following week brought a smile to my face. Knowing Tom (He didn't watch because...well....), Bill, and the rest of team JVC had the same view of the Superbowl as the Colts and myself more than made up for the loss.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - posts and quotes for a banned poster
Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - posts and quotes for a banned poster

Every year there's only one team that finishes the season happy and unless I'm crazy it wasn't yours. Enjoy your 1-2 year window.

Hey DW49, how's Syndergaard doing this spring? Maybe we can get some positive energy going here. :)

Seriously, I have not been following his progrless but I know you have a lot invested in him.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - posts and quotes for a banned poster

Hey DW49, how's Syndergaard doing this spring? Maybe we can get some positive energy going here. :)

Seriously, I have not been following his progrless but I know you have a lot invested in him.

He was as impressive as you would hope. Future No 1 starter they will bring up in June. Next year looks pretty formidable with him , Wheeler and Harvey. I'm a Pirate fan and they'll also have a monster rotation in a couple years with Cole , Tallion and Glasnow.

Well it's posts such as these, which happened to be made by you in this topic that tend to give the impression that you don't much like the Pats, So no I wasn't really twisting things round, just responding to something you'd previously wrote. I'd also feel fairly confident that if we looked at your previous posting history regarding them there is going to be theme of anti-Patriots feelings. Now there's nothing wrong with that in the slightest but I think it would be fair at the least to say you have a bias against them. 

I was sticking to the topic, I was merely suggesting that the opinions ventured by yourself might be influenced by your feelings regards the organisation in question. If this was another franchise I'd wager you wouldn't feel so strongly about the rights of multi-millionaires. 

In fact the only person so far to make it personal was yourself by suggesting I have issues with reading comprehension, I never intended to antagonise (it's hard to indicate tone on-line I know but I thought a smiley was the de facto for I'm not getting in your face). 

So every post i make, you are going to highlight, his opinion is biased rather than what i actually post. Its like me saying, oh SteelcityColt, that guy has a history of blabbering for pages ( you Vs Naptown ). But no i wont do that. I will address the topic in hand NOT deviate and have pre conceived notions of people who are posting.

You still havent addressed the point i made. Here is another chance for you to reply to the topic with out trying to understand my "feelings" or deviate.

You can do it, i have faith in you.

We are talking about  SB victories NOT your team's performance just against Colts. But if you want to go that route, lets nitpick.

Since 2004, Brady and the Pats have never beaten a Manning led football team in playoffs ( i am assuming playoffs is where is the pressure is and the game which matters?. ). For 10 full years, your team cant beat Manning.

0-4.

2 AFC Championship losses

2 SB losses.

I am sure you appreciate these stats.

So every post i make, you are going to highlight, his opinion is biased rather than what i actually post. Its like me saying, oh SteelcityColt, that guy has a history of blabbering for pages ( you Vs Naptown ). But no i wont do that. I will address the topic in hand NOT deviate and have pre conceived notions of people who are posting.

You still havent addressed the point i made. Here is another chance for you to reply to the topic with out trying to understand my "feelings" or deviate.

You can do it, i have faith in you.

No not every post, just the ones where I feel the bias might be relevant to the the topic in hand which seeing as this is a topic about the Pats and I'm saying you have a bias against the Pats it might just be. You could bring up my previous posts with Naptown if you would like and I will freely admit I'm biased against people who post belligerent hyperbolic drivel, an opinion I feel was borne out seeing as he's gone from Naptown to Bantown. 

I'm not sure what I've failed to address? I've responded to everything you've posted, so please spell it out for me. As far as I can summarise you're making out it's unfair to the players, I've said they should then have raised this grievance at the time, not after the fact. They have a union after all no? You point that it could affect future opportunities I think would be mitigated that any other team should do due diligence which would include (with the player's consent) access to medical records. 

I repeat again that you chose to engage me on this, I suggested you might have some bias here (which has been recognised by not just myself), and rather than admit to it and letting us move on you've chosen to make it personal. 

He was as impressive as you would hope. Future No 1 starter they will bring up in June. Next year looks pretty formidable with him , Wheeler and Harvey. I'm a Pirate fan and they'll also have a monster rotation in a couple years with Cole , Tallion and Glasnow.

Sounds good. Young pitchers bring optimism; so, I am looking forward to 2015 when Harvey should be 100%. You should post in the Baseball is Back thread in the Misc. Section. I will be looking for your posts. Thanks.

Sour grapes from both Talib and Spikes because the Patriots did not re-sign them. They should work on their fitness to try to stay on the field instead of griping as Denver can dump Talib after next season without much ramification and Spikes has one year playing for the perennial basement dweller Bills.

No not every post, just the ones where I feel the bias might be relevant to the the topic in hand which seeing as this is a topic about the Pats and I'm saying you have a bias against the Pats it might just be. You could bring up my previous posts with Naptown if you would like and I will freely admit I'm biased against people who post belligerent hyperbolic drivel, an opinion I feel was borne out seeing as he's gone from Naptown to Bantown. 

I'm not sure what I've failed to address? I've responded to everything you've posted, so please spell it out for me. As far as I can summarise you're making out it's unfair to the players, I've said they should then have raised this grievance at the time, not after the fact. They have a union after all no? You point that it could affect future opportunities I think would be mitigated that any other team should do due diligence which would include (with the player's consent) access to medical records. 

I repeat again that you chose to engage me on this, I suggested you might have some bias here (which has been recognised by not just myself), and rather than admit to it and letting us move on you've chosen to make it personal. 

How did i make it personal?. I answered to your post. Please read my first reply to yours.

You started making it personal saying my opinion is biased which is not relevant to the post or the thread.

Anyways, knowing your history with Naptown, you will never stop and go in circles.. I have made my point. Enjoy.

Your team has been consistant at not winning Superbowls since they were caught cheating.The Colts may have only won 1 Superbowl in the ammount of time the Patriots have won 3, but the main difference is that win doesn't have a giant * next to it.

The game in question sucked, but if it's any conselation to you the beatdown the following week brought a smile to my face. Knowing Tom (He didn't watch because...well....), Bill, and the rest of team JVC had the same view of the Superbowl as the Colts and myself more than made up for the loss.

*?

Show me the *, Mr. Wishful dreamer.

Making things up again, are we?

BTW, please show me what Polian, Irsay, and Dungy said about what the Patriots did, and whether it helped them win.

The ignorance in this web board of what the Patriots did is amazing.

How did i make it personal?. I answered to your post. Please read my first reply to yours.

You started making it personal saying my opinion is biased which is not relevant to the post or the thread.

Anyways, knowing your history with Naptown, you will never stop and go in circles.. I have made my point. Enjoy.

It's a post about the Patriots.... I believe you have a biased view how is this not relevant?!!!

I read your first post, I replied to it, I merely stated I think you wouldn't have such a strong view vis a vis players being unjustly treated if this wasn't  a story about Pats players. 

We go round and round in circles because like Naptown you refuse obfuscate very well. Let's make a it a bit more clear cut:

1) Do you feel you have a dislike of the Patriots?

2) Do you disagree that this influences your opinion on matters relating to the Patriots?

3) Do you think you'd be reacting like this if this was a report about another team?

You fail to understand that I'm not saying it's bad or wrong to have such a bias, just don't try and say you don't and go off on a twaddle crusade about player rights to hide it. Again look at my first interaction, I was at that point quite tongue in cheek pointing out it might have something to do with it being the Pats.... you chose to escalate it. 

It's a post about the Patriots.... I believe you have a biased view how is this not relevant?!!!

I read your first post, I replied to it, I merely stated I think you wouldn't have such a strong view vis a vis players being unjustly treated if this wasn't  a story about Pats players. 

We go round and round in circles because like Naptown you refuse obfuscate very well. Let's make a it a bit more clear cut:

1) Do you feel you have a dislike of the Patriots?

2) Do you disagree that this influences your opinion on matters relating to the Patriots?

3) Do you think you'd be reacting like this if this was a report about another team?

You fail to understand that I'm not saying it's bad or wrong to have such a bias, just don't try and say you don't and go off on a twaddle crusade about player rights to hide it. Again look at my first interaction, I was at that point quite tongue in cheek pointing out it might have something to do with it being the Pats.... you chose to escalate it. 

Can you give an opinion about my post keeping aside the thought that i am biased?. Even if i am biased against the Pats, what are you moral police for them?. There are a lot of people in this forum that dont like the Pats, rightfully so. If you want to be that super classy fan who gets high from some likes from Pats fans, go for it.

And i already said, i would say the same thing for any team.

But no, you dont want to focus on my reply and the thread. You want to start with a pre conceived notion. Its not worth replying. You wont focus on the point, you are going to circle back on the bias part.

Let you have the last word. Dont want to derail this thread. Sorry OP.

Can you give an opinion about my post keeping aside the thought that i am biased?. Even if i am biased against the Pats, what are you moral police for them?. There are a lot of people in this forum that dont like the Pats, rightfully so. If you want to be that super classy fan who gets high from some likes from Pats fans, go for it.

And i already said, i would say the same thing for any team.

But no, you dont want to focus on my reply and the thread. You want to start with a pre conceived notion. Its not worth replying. You wont focus on the point, you are going to circle back on the bias part.

Let you have the last word. Dont want to derail this thread. Sorry OP.

I gave several opinions about your replies not relating to your bias, namely that the players should have said something at the time if they felt so wronged and that I don't feel that it would have an impact on their future job prospects.....

The bias comes back and back because you dodged it so many times, no I'm not the moral police, I just queried if it was affecting your opinion which is a legitimate question to ask in a debate. I have no control over who likes my posts and I'm not playing the the audience as you suggest. You're quite right in that there are lots of people on here who don't like the Pats, I don't think I have at any point suggested that I think there is anything wrong with that.

If you had just gone yeah I don't like the Pats but it's not the reason for my feelings on this then we wouldn't have required so a go around now would we? It was your choice to get all affronted about it despite my stating several times it wasn't meant as a personal shot, just an observation. 

As you say let's leave it as this  :hat:

I gave several opinions about your replies not relating to your bias, namely that the players should have said something at the time if they felt so wronged and that I don't feel that it would have an impact on their future job prospects.....

The bias comes back and back because you dodged it so many times, no I'm not the moral police, I just queried if it was affecting your opinion which is a legitimate question to ask in a debate. I have no control over who likes my posts and I'm not playing the the audience as you suggest. You're quite right in that there are lots of people on here who don't like the Pats, I don't think I have at any point suggested that I think there is anything wrong with that.

If you had just gone yeah I don't like the Pats but it's not the reason for my feelings on this then we wouldn't have required so a go around now would we? It was your choice to get all affronted about it despite my stating several times it wasn't meant as a personal shot, just an observation. 

As you say let's leave it as this  :hat:

Its all good man. Its not worth arguing. Life is just too short to spend time on these.

Cant wait until Brady/Belichick retire so they can go back to the laughing stock they once were in Tecmo Bowl.

I don't remember the Patriots even being an available team in Tecmo Bowl. That's how bad they were. 

living in the past is embarrassing.

I like you jvan but seeing this post with your avatar pic made me chuckle. 2006 was a long time ago, too. At least by football standards.  ;)

As for the topic at hand...

Belichick is infamous for being vague/not forthcoming with injury reports. He despises them. The running joke is that if Abe Lincoln was a Patriot, Belichick would have listed him as "questionable - head" after that night at the Ford Theater. 

So Talib had a quad issue that was reported as a hip issue. As someone else pointed out, coaches sometimes do that in part for the player's own protection. Besides, it's somewhat irrelevant... an injured player's status (probable/questionable/doubtful) as it relates to their chances of playing is really what people care about. 

As for Spikes? Isn't it the team's decision when a player goes on IR? If that player can't practice heading into a playoff game, wouldn't it make more sense to put him on IR and free up a roster spot for a healthy guy? He was basically carried off the field against Buffalo in the final week of the season. Also, how is Spikes being IR'ed a "competitive advantage" for NE? He reportedly missed a meeting and was not going to practice the week prior to the Colts game. At that point in the season, you cut your losses and designate him. 

I don't remember the Patriots even being an available team in Tecmo Bowl. That's how bad they were.

I like you jvan but seeing this post with your avatar pic made me chuckle. 2006 was a long time ago, too. At least by football standards. ;)

As for the topic at hand...

Belichick is infamous for being vague/not forthcoming with injury reports. He despises them. The running joke is that if Abe Lincoln was a Patriot, Belichick would have listed him as "questionable - head" after that night at the Ford Theater.

So Talib had a quad issue that was reported as a hip issue. As someone else pointed out, coaches sometimes do that in part for the player's own protection. Besides, it's somewhat irrelevant... an injured player's status (probable/questionable/doubtful) as it relates to their chances of playing is really what people care about.

As for Spikes? Isn't it the team's decision when a player goes on IR? If that player can't practice heading into a playoff game, wouldn't it make more sense to put him on IR and free up a roster spot for a healthy guy? He was basically carried off the field against Buffalo in the final week of the season. Also, how is Spikes being IR'ed a "competitive advantage" for NE? He reportedly missed a meeting and was not going to practice the week prior to the Colts game. At that point in the season, you cut your losses and designate him.

i was just busting your fellow pats fans chops

I like you jvan but seeing this post with your avatar pic made me chuckle. 2006 was a long time ago, too. At least by football standards.  ;)

Jvan was merely responding to a comment made by PATS16NO who was boasting about Pats success. Not sure you read that part. I dont think Jvan was boasting Colts success anywhere.

Seems like one of those things that probably all teams do.  No one is going to be faked out when they magically go from doubtful one minute to active the next. 

On a side note: I see this thread is right on schedule with the Colts/Pats suck back and forth. 

Except these two never came back healthy after being injured.

Except these two never came back healthy after being injured.

I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said.  I was just making the general statement that probably all teams do this in some fashion or another and that teams aren't caught off guard whenever guys status' are in question before the game and then play anyway.