Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I thinks its for O-line as well. But I cant help but remember that Reggie wont be around forever and well have to find a replacement for him. It can be done through either free agency or the draft but my gut still tells me we make a run at Decker.

Since teams can start negotiating with  the agents of the Fa's starting on Saturday, who do you guys think Grigson starts negotiating with first?

I think it will either for a Center or WR.

He better be negotiating with Vontae Davis' agent. This defense cannot afford to go into next season without a player like Davis. No way no how.

He better be negotiating with Vontae Davis' agent. This defense cannot afford to go into next season without a player like Davis. No way no how.

That's for sure!! We prolly won't get Byrd so that means were still gonna be playin Bethea and Landry together most likely. That alone is terrible then add no Vontae. Teams will be able to throw all over us next year

That's for sure!! We prolly won't get Byrd so that means were still gonna be playin Bethea and Landry together most likely. That alone is terrible then add no Vontae. Teams will be able to throw all over us next year

Actually Bethea is a FA. I don't think he' s coming back. So, there will be a new FS but not sure if that will come via FA or the draft.

With Toler being so injury prone I agree that we need to lock Davis up otherwise we got nothing. I prefer Darius Butler in the slot corner roll rather then a cover corner roll.

As it sits right now. When you consider that Davis and Bethea are both FA, we better get on the stick and invest in the secondary or it will be a long year. Landry isn't a cover guy and Toler is a huge unknown with his injury history. no way he can be counted on to finish a season. Heck, if I remember he ended up having surgery so who knows how that will turn out for next year. Big holes

I am curious as to what Vontae Davis is looking for. I think we will end up paying him at least $8 million per thanks to the Grimes deal.

I really hope we don't overpay for Decker. My guess is he is looking at some 2nd and 3rd tier talent to sign to 3 and 4 year deals.

I have a question, will the media cover that? like for example : "Player X and his agent are talking with the Team X" Oris this a private matter and we wont know until Initial signings on Tuesday?

I'm guessing no.  My guess is that everything that happens from March 8 to March 11 happens over the phone.  

Both sides are likely to not want their negotiations to be public information.  So I doubt you will hear a lot of information.

I am curious as to what Vontae Davis is looking for. I think we will end up paying him at least $8 million per thanks to the Grimes deal.

I really hope we don't overpay for Decker. My guess is he is looking at some 2nd and 3rd tier talent to sign to 3 and 4 year deals.

Seeming how we're not allowed to talk about or call agents until tomorrow, my guess is that the interest between Decker and the Colts may be one way in that Decker is interested in the Colts but maybe the Colts not so interested in him.

I mean how would anyone know that we where interested in Decker without our front office breaking the rules by talking about it or contacting Decker's agent?

However Decker I don't think is under the same rules and he or his agent could mention in secret to a reporter what teams he would like to play for.

I don't think there where reports about our interest in any of the guys we actually signed being put out before that negotiation period started.  

I'm guessing no.  My guess is that everything that happens from March 8 to March 11 happens over the phone.  

Both sides are likely to not want their negotiations to be public information.  So I doubt you will hear a lot of information.

Thank you.

Seeming how we're not allowed to talk about or call agents until tomorrow, my guess is that the interest between Decker and the Colts may be one way in that Decker is interested in the Colts but maybe the Colts not so interested in him.

I mean how would anyone know that we where interested in Decker without our front office breaking the rules by talking about it or contacting Decker's agent?

However Decker I don't think is under the same rules and he or his agent could mention in secret to a reporter what teams he would like to play for.

I don't think there where reports about our interest in any of the guys we actually signed being put out before that negotiation period started.  

Decker is very interested...because we have a ton of cap space and have need for a starting WR. Even with TY and Reggie (though who knows if Wayne will be the same) we have a need for a starting WR. I imagine JAX, KC, OAK, INDY, CLE will be the top of his list. All have WR needs and all have the cap space to make it happen. I honestly don't think we end up with him...my hope is he ends up in OAK or JAX who run his price up so much it is to bitter for us to get involved. If he was reasonably priced in the 7 mil range I would take him all day everyday...always healthy...no issues...makes plays...I'd take him...but above that we would be giving up a lot of other opportunities. I think he is a legit 2nd threat....fit great in our offense because you don't have to have a #1 if you have several threats TY, Reggie, Decker, Fleener, Allen.....that is a DANGEROUS set of players...but we need OL/DL and some secondary signings too.

Decker is very interested...because we have a ton of cap space and have need for a starting WR. Even with TY and Reggie (though who knows if Wayne will be the same) we have a need for a starting WR. I imagine JAX, KC, OAK, INDY, CLE will be the top of his list. All have WR needs and all have the cap space to make it happen. I honestly don't think we end up with him...my hope is he ends up in OAK or JAX who run his price up so much it is to bitter for us to get involved. If he was reasonably priced in the 7 mil range I would take him all day everyday...always healthy...no issues...makes plays...I'd take him...but above that we would be giving up a lot of other opportunities. I think he is a legit 2nd threat....fit great in our offense because you don't have to have a #1 if you have several threats TY, Reggie, Decker, Fleener, Allen.....that is a DANGEROUS set of players...but we need OL/DL and some secondary signings too.

I'm guessing he likes Indy the best because of the QB.  We have a better QB then any of those other teams and if you are a WR you want to go to a team with a good QB.