Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Consolidated "We Overpaid for Player X" Thread

bavanlan

If we are going to spend $8-10 million on a WR........it sure as heck better not be on Eric Decker. That could literally go down as one of the worst free agent deals in the history of the NFL

If we're gonna spend 8-10 mil on one player it should be Byrd

If we are going to spend $8-10 million on a WR........it sure as heck better not be on Eric Decker. That could literally go down as one of the worst free agent deals in the history of the NFL

Actually, if you look at the other available FA WRs, if we spend 8-10 million dollars on one, it BETTER be Decker.

Actually, if you look at the other available FA WRs, if we spend 8-10 million dollars on one, it BETTER be Decker.

So sad, and so true.

Sad But Not True....  This draft is the deepest draft in 10 years with WR !!! why pay that kinda of money on a a # 2 WR... If he is all that why is Denver Not signing him in a We WIN NOW Mentality?? spending that kinda of money NO>>> Not even on Byrd nor Mack...who I think ( Center) is our #1 position to get settle in for long term

Sad But Not True.... This draft is the deepest draft in 10 years with WR !!! why pay that kinda of money on a a # 2 WR... If he is all that why is Denver Not signing him in a We WIN NOW Mentality?? spending that kinda of money NO>>> Not even on Byrd nor Mack...who I think ( Center) is our #1 position to get settle in for long term

You can't just not spend anything

My point was more geared towards not spending the money on one

At least that kind of money on the one's available.

There is one guy that has been talked about that I would complain about...and that guy is Eric Decker. I just REALLY don't want him on the team. I know he will be overpaid and he won't improve us that much, if at all. I truly believe that Rogers will be a monster next year if he is given an opportunity. Draft a WR if we truly want one though, I just say draft Bruce Ellington in the 5th round, he's a playmaker plain and simple. With that #2 we should draft a CB.

I don't care if we "overpay" for Byrd though, actually if I was Grigs, I would gladly "overpay" for Byrd. 

Sad But Not True....  This draft is the deepest draft in 10 years with WR !!! why pay that kinda of money on a a # 2 WR... If he is all that why is Denver Not signing him in a We WIN NOW Mentality?? spending that kinda of money NO>>> Not even on Byrd nor Mack...who I think ( Center) is our #1 position to get settle in for long term

Because he has a record of being healthy and productive. If you draft a WR, you may have a practice squad player. Denver may yet match any offer he gets and they have a very good receiver to bring in (Caldwell) if he leaves.

There is one guy that has been talked about that I would complain about...and that guy is Eric Decker. I just REALLY don't want him on the team. I know he will be overpaid and he won't improve us that much, if at all. I truly believe that Rogers will be a monster next year if he is given an opportunity. Draft a WR if we truly want one though, I just say draft Bruce Ellington in the 5th round, he's a playmaker plain and simple. With that #2 we should draft a CB.

I don't care if we "overpay" for Byrd though, actually if I was Grigs, I would gladly "overpay" for Byrd. 

Nonsense. Rogers has been dropped from other teams and spent a lot of time on the practice squad. Decker is a proven commodity who can stay healthy and productive. Go ahead and draft someone. They will probably be this years practice squad phenoms...

Nonsense. Rogers has been dropped from other teams and spent a lot of time on the practice squad. Decker is a proven commodity who can stay healthy and productive. Go ahead and draft someone. They will probably be this years practice squad phenoms...

He's been dropped because Buffalo doesn't know talent if it hit them in the side of the head. That was the only team that had him/got rid of him. He was a rookie this year and had his debut with us. Decker is going to be highly overpaid. I truly think in this class of WR we could find someone useful if Rogers isn't that. It's very deep in the position and you could still get high talent/high ceiling players in the 2nd/3rd round. Decker isn't as proven as I think everyone acts like he is. He's only really blown up stats wise since Peyton got there and we all know he can make anyone look better than they are.