Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated Free Agent Want List for Colts

Lets do an updated want list for Indy knowing now the players that should be available. Please make this realistic with the money we have. Here is mine...

CB Vontae Davis (Obviously this deal needs to get done, and I just hope we don't overpay too much for him. Had to include this guy since he is so important to our secondary.)

FS Jairus Byrd (He would finally give us a ball hawk at FS that we've lacked for some time. He would also allow Landry to play his natural position at SS by playing more in the box.)

DE Lamarr Houston (He would give us a very talented all around DE who can play the run and rush the passer. He would also replace Redding who is a free agent after next season and is getting old.)

C Evan Dietrich Smith (He could start right away at center for us and not cost as much as Mack.)

WR Damian Williams (An underrated WR, he can step in and play any WR position if we were to have an injury. Or he could simply be our #4 WR if everyone else was healthy.)

OLB Jason Worilds (Rising OLB from the Steelers, this kid could split time with Mathis prolonging his career.)

And just for fun, here is my NOT want list...

WR Eric Decker (Will cost too much, and is not a #1 WR, nuff said. Would rather give this money to Byrd.)

WR Julian Edelman (We don't really have a need for another slot WR. Both Hilton and Wayne play that very well.)

WR Hakeem Nicks (Always is banged up, and would rather solve adding another talented WR through the draft...hint hint...Donte Moncrief anyone?)

And just for fun, here is my NOT want list...

WR Eric Decker (Will cost too much, and is not a #1 WR, nuff said. Would rather give this money to Byrd.)

WR Julian Edelman (We don't really have a need for another slot WR. Both Hilton and Wayne play that very well.)

Amen!!

I don't think we need any Wide Receivers. Ours are just fine.

I don't think we need Byrd or any other Safety. Ours are just fine.

I wouldn't mind Dansby.

Dietrich-Smith or 49ers Center Jonathan Goodwin will do fine.

How come nobody is talking about Texans Defensive End Antonio Smith....isn't he a Free Agent....doesn't he fit what we do?

IMO we need someone to replace Castanzo. His pass blocking is not good enough.

Amen!!

I don't think we need Byrd or any other Safety. Ours are just fine.

I wouldn't mind Dansby.

Dietrich-Smith or 49ers Center Jonathan Goodwin will do fine.

How come nobody is talking about Texans Defensive End Antonio Smith....isn't he a Free Agent....doesn't he fit what we do?

IMO we need someone to replace Castanzo. His pass blocking is not good enough.

I wouldn't say or S are fine they are both SS and are really bad together

Finally someone thinks were good at WR!!

I wouldn't say or S are fine they are both SS and are really bad together

Finally someone thinks were good at WR!!

Ehhh, once we get the Dline straight, our Safeties should be just fine.

And I think our WRs are good enough to not address them in Free Agency. Dwayne Allen's return'll help alleviate any issues as far as not having enough targets for Andrew. But I'd definitely try to draft a WR if the talent is available. ;)

Ehhh, once we get the Dline straight, our Safeties should be just fine.

And I think our WRs are good enough to not address them in Free Agency. Dwayne Allen's return'll help alleviate any issues as far as not having enough targets for Andrew. But I'd definitely try to draft a WR if the talent is available. ;)

Bethea just isn't much of a coverage S that's the only problem a coverage S with Landry would really help out and I'd like to get a DE and ILB with our first 2 picks

You guys wont believe this, on the NFL network they just said the Colts need to aggressively shop for a T in FA, and they said we should target Brandon Albert. What?

Probably going to be a cap casualty. Might be an option. Teams with awful Olines are looking at him....so why shouldn't we? ;)

I'm not sure why people find Castanzo's play to be acceptable. His pass blocking is shoddy at best. I appreciate that he can run block adequately but he is not all World....not even close. I was ready top move on last year. 

Probably going to be a cap casualty. Might be an option. Teams with awful Olines are looking at him....so why shouldn't we? ;)

I'm not sure why people find Castanzo's play to be acceptable. His pass blocking is shoddy at best. I appreciate that he can run block adequately but he is not all World....not even close. I was ready top move on last year. 

I just think with our other needs, OT would be a major luxury.

Grigson has already said -- and the PR department is now including the content in stories -- that we're NOT going to be as active this year as we were last year.

So,  I don't find these long wish lists of FA very realistic at all.

Byrd just turned down a deal that would pay him $30m over the first 3 years.   

You think Grigson is going to offer that?   I sure don't.

I'm as curious as anyone as to who gets cut and who we sign....   I think only Satele stands a good chance to be cut.

But I'm not expecting X-mas morning with lots of presents under the tree....   I wouldn't get my hopes up too high...

Sorry to be a buzz-kill,  but that's how I see it.

Grigson has already said -- and the PR department is now including the content in stories -- that we're NOT going to be as active this year as we were last year.

So, I don't find these long wish lists of FA very realistic at all.

Byrd just turned down a deal that would pay him $30m over the first 3 years.

You think Grigson is going to offer that? I sure don't.

I'm as curious as anyone as to who gets cut and who we sign.... I think only Satele stands a good chance to be cut.

But I'm not expecting X-mas morning with lots of presents under the tree.... I wouldn't get my hopes up too high...

Sorry to be a buzz-kill, but that's how I see it.

Your prolly right were gonna trot a horrible S pair out there along with a cripple CB and god awful interior OLine and wonder why we can't win a Super Bowl

It really wouldn't make since not to bring in some big name players this offseason. Maybe not Byrd and Mack, but at least guys like Clemons, Shields, Jones, ETC. JMO.

When your S pair sucks like ours you don't let a Top 3 pro bowl S just pass you by

Castonzo may not be Pro Bowl material but he's solid and improving.  With all the holes on the interior of the oline it makes no sense to replace Castonzo.  Normally I wouldn't support making a big splash in free agency and signing a safety for $10 million a year, but in the case of Byrd I think you have to make an exception.  He would be a massive upgrade over Bethea and would greatly improve the play of Landry.  Ray Lewis gets all the credit for the Ravens defense but I think Ed Reed was just as big a part in their success.  Having a great ball hawk in center field at safety gives you a lot more options defensively and that's an advantage worth $10 million per year or more.  Sign Byrd, sign someone cheaper than Mack to play center, release Satele, draft well, and we've got a great chance at making lots of noise next year in the playoffs.

Yep on no WRs. Yep on bringing in Smith.  Also, Lamar Houston might be an option instead of Smith.  If the colts get one of those lower tier vets, then they should spend a higher draft choice on a DLineman, IMO.

We need a wr, It should not even be debatable, Its not #1 on the list but lets be realistic, we struggled something awful for a while after Reggie went down, If TY wasn't running go routes he was struggling to get open. Dont know what we will get out of Rogers, Great potential but he actually has to live up to it....Sounds like Reggie is coming along great but thats still a question mark going into next season, Whalen did well but he is not a wr you can hang your hat on to come up big week in and week out....Yeah its not debatable, we need another receiver at some point soon