Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

He said he is going to get paid.

Would think he will get a 3 yr deal with someone and good guaranteed $$$ in the first 2 years.

That would fit us perfectly. Considering our defensive needs and the new Cap #`s.

So thinking we could be capable of a SB run this season and very much so next,
I think we could go $6-7M per guaranteed the 1st 2 years. Yip, i want him.

Adding Arthur Jones with him makes great sense also. Probably take $8M per.

Still don`t think you win a SB with Bethea and Landry as your safeties.

I really hope we sign Dansby, he may be older, but he's the best option at ILB, and he wont break the bank. I have a feeling we will sign him or Smith. As the OP pointed out, he's solid against the run, and solid in coverage. Make it happen Grigs.

I've been interested in signing Dansby, or Daryl Smith, to start for a year or two for a while. I think that either McNary or Muamba could potentially be the future at ILB next to Freeman, but we can't go into next season expecting either of them to be studs. Signing one of these proven vets would be a great way to take care of the short term at the position while we figure out what the future is going to be.

He said he is going to get paid.

Would think he will get a 3 yr deal with someone and good guaranteed $$$ in the first 2 years.

That would fit us perfectly. Considering our defensive needs and the new Cap #`s.

So thinking we could be capable of a SB run this season and very much so next,

I think we could go $6-7M per guaranteed the 1st 2 years. Yip, i want him.

Adding Arthur Jones with him makes great sense also. Probably take $8M per.

Still don`t think you win a SB with Bethea and Landry as your safeties.

you guys are giving Landry a lot of crap when he wasn't that bad let this next season decide if he sucks ok also I think his real position is FS the colts have him playing SS so replace Bethea with Landry at FS and get TJ Ward for SS.

you guys are giving Landry a lot of crap when he wasn't that bad let this next season decide if he sucks ok also I think his real position is FS the colts have him playing SS so replace Bethea with Landry at FS and get TJ Ward for SS.

Gee. And it was Landry who was the safety in single deep coverage, playing SS? chuckle

Landry makes some big hits. And i 100% Expect him to injure himself doing so. Just a ? of how many games he misses.

Ward is a younger Bethea.

Bethea is known to NOT HAVE good ball skills. RARE to see him break up a pass beyond 15 yaerds. FS - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

As i study the FA list i am getting that there really are not that many Really good free safeties in this league.

Looks the same for the draft.

Antoine gives up to much in the passing game but he does bring a lot of guys down and shows up every week. He NEEDS much better play by the Front Seven!!

Donte Whitner would be the likely available guy who should be a little better at fitting our needs. Grig will pay Ol' Antoine.

I don't know why he is irritated from somebody posting stuff about the pacers and not everybody is from Indy that's true but its a forum based out of Indy so he might as well get over it and get used to it.

That thread got locked before I had the chance to hammer him :(

To Topic, 

I mentioned Dansby in a thread about three weeks ago and got zero response.  I like what he would bring in toughness.  He hits you...we can hear those pads pop...and the offensive player FEELS it.  The Cardinals want to keep him, but.......

http://nflspinzone.com/2014/02/28/bruce-arians-karlos-dansby-definitely-love-back/

Drawback:  32 yrs old...and has had some injuries for sure.

Another tidbit:  Ranked by one....

38. Inside linebacker Karlos Dansby -- Had monster year in his 2013 return to Arizona, with 6.5 sacks and four interceptions. Turned 32 in December. Says he wants to stay with Cardinals.

To Topic, 

I mentioned Dansby in a thread about three weeks ago and got zero response.  I like what he would bring in toughness.  He hits you...we can hear those pads pop...and the offensive player FEELS it.  The Cardinals want to keep him, but.......

http://nflspinzone.com/2014/02/28/bruce-arians-karlos-dansby-definitely-love-back/

Drawback:  32 yrs old...and has had some injuries for sure.

Another tidbit:  Ranked by one....

38. Inside linebacker Karlos Dansby -- Had monster year in his 2013 return to Arizona, with 6.5 sacks and four interceptions. Turned 32 in December. Says he wants to stay with Cardinals.

I've seen a couple of pieces saying the Cards are looking at other LB FA options like D'qwell Jackson, Donald Butler (before resigned), and Spikes i think. Could mean something.

Sorce:

look at the first line on the Cardinals;

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2014rumors.php