Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maclin wants one-year deal, Eagles want multi-year contract

From PFT (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/27/maclin-wants-one-year-deal-eagles-want-multi-year-contract/):

Among the various sticking points in the contract negotiations between the Eagles and receiver Jeremy Maclin is the length of the arrangement.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Maclin wants a one-year deal.  He hopes to prove in that one year that he has fully recovered from a torn ACL that wiped out what would have been his contract year in Philly.

The Eagles wants a multi-year deal.  We’re told that it wouldn’t be, in essence, a one-year “prove it” deal, with a significant option bonus due in 2015.  Instead, it would be a legitimate multi-year contract.

Edited by 21isSuperman

It is probably a reduced contract with the justification that they don't know if he will recover well, because they don't want to pay him what he is worth when healthy. He's taking the smart stance. I'd just go into FA if they won't do the one year. 

After giving a ridiculous 5 yr. $25 mil. for Riley Cooper, I bet they put out some numbers for a healthy wideout out there and now, Maclin has something to compare his low balled offer to, and wants to take his chances.

I don't blame Maclin.