Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

can luck beat the patriots in 2014?

Stephen

In his first two games versus patriots he has 7 interceptions and both were played in new England. The third will be played at home.

Don't obcess on interceptions...Skip..therer;s nothing special about NW that caused those totals

...We trailed most of the way in both games....

..whenyou fall behind early and trail...you do throw more INTs..

Indy should win over NE In Indianapolis

Kind of a useless question. Colts beat both of the super bowl teams last season. Anything can and normally does, that's why the games are played. I will refrain from making any speculations till I see if any improvements are made on the offensive line this up coming season. I think Luck has the ability to beat any team if he can get the time to actually read the defenses he faces without being hit and chased out of the pocket.

Kind of a useless question. Colts beat both of the super bowl teams last season. Anything can and normally does, that's why the games are played. I will refrain from making any speculations till I see if any improvements are made on the offensive line this up coming season. I think Luck has the ability to beat any team if he can get the time to actually read the defenses he faces without being hit and chased out of the pocket.

I keep seeing this same thing about Luck having a bad Oline and being chased. He was the 18th most sacked QB last year. 

I keep seeing this same thing about Luck having a bad Oline and being chased. He was the 18th most sacked QB last year. 

Being statistically the 18th most sacked does not show how many sacks Luck himself avoided by his ability and strength getting away from defenders. It is an obvious conclusion if Luck gets the time to read and go through his progressions his numbers will go up and his interceptions will go down. It don't take an expert to see that the offensive line was less than average with Luck being under constant pressure and the lack of decent run blocking. Had Luck not been so good at avoiding the rush he very well could have lead the league in sacks. The problem with stats is it don't tell or show the big picture or the real truth. 

Being statistically the 18th most sacked does not show how many sacks Luck himself avoided by his ability and strength getting away from defenders. It is an obvious conclusion if Luck gets the time to read and go through his progressions his numbers will go up and his interceptions will go down. It don't take an expert to see that the offensive line was less than average with Luck being under constant pressure and the lack of decent run blocking. Had Luck not been so good at avoiding the rush he very well could have lead the league in sacks. The problem with stats is it don't tell or show the big picture or the real truth. 

Ok, I see what you are saying but he also tends to hold the ball as well which causes the pressure.