Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nfl Officals

GoColts8818

Before anyone says they didn't cost us the game I agree 100% they didn't block our punt and they didn't throw two INTs.

With that said, the crew today was awful. I don't know how many of our throws were incomplete today and had a Titan drapped all over our WRs before the ball got there and no it was not close tight coverage that was good they had hands on our WRs before the ball got there.

Also it seemed earlier on the refs called every ticky tack holding call they could on the Colts yet several times our players were getting held right in front of the ref and no flag (one that comes to mind is where two guys were holding on to Freeney and he tried to get away not once but twice and no flag came out).

Then they had the flag on Caldwell when he led with a shoulder and hit the guy in the shoulder on a pass trying to knock the ball out and yet one of the Titans players comes in and leads with his head and hits Garcon in the head and they pick it up. Even the annoucers that ignored everything else most of the day picked up on both of those.

The last two weeks the refs have flaged the Saints and Titans a total of three times, all in the second half. I am not going to lie it's clear Caldwell has to get our players back to playing discplined football but I am not buying in two weeks the two teams we've played have only commited three pentalies in a league where you can call holding on every play.

Again just to be clear I am not blaming either loss on the officals. I am just pointing out what I feel is poor officating.

The officials suck...but your right they didnt block our punt or have 2 ints.....but however those first few drives they just kept calling stupid calls and some were right, others I think were wrong. but those callls set us deep in our own endzone and it just sucked...the whole game our team

Meh...a few calls here and there but......our O-line DID get froggy. You can't fault them (the refs) for that, Tenn didn't commit as many penalties as us, period. I don't expect the refs to bail out this group of undisciplined colts.

The only penalty that sticks out as phony was the 'leading with the helmet' call, that was bunk, but we're seeing this call many times a week, across the NFL, being made incorrectly.

You are just now figuring out that all professional sports are decided on some level by the officiating. Refs help to determine games more than teams do at times. Call a big penalty against one team, and ignore a few or a plethora of others by the other team and a 14 point swing can happen instantly. If they are taking direct orders to fix games or they are just totally incompetent lies somewhere in conspiracy world. Some truth lies with the court ruling on Spygate that said the league is legally considered entertainment, so there is no criminal or civil liability for the league to manipulate the league to increase profit. Money rules all. The NFL is a business for crying out loud, not some guaranteed fair, level playing field.

With that said we would have lost today regardless of if the refs were ordered to give us certain calls lol.